• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
derrhalt said:
i don't know but i do belive that the Papal state does'nt exist.

Did you check in every corner of the world? The papacy has a strange propensity toward moving to the Baltic, Africa, or other far-flung areas (even saw the Papal States with a colony in Canada once, although they still had their capital in Rome. But maybe had I played that game longer, the capital would have moved, making for one of the oddest scenarios I've ever seen- "Fine, fine, the Lord be with you, eh? Now pass me one of them donuts, yeh hoser."

Anyways, the papal states don't technically have to exist for the pope to exist, so long as the ruling nation still allows him to have religious authority- such as during the 19th-century Roman Republic, who overthrew the pope politically but left him in control religiously during their two-year tenure as one of the coolest nations in history.

Amob_m_s said:
Did you check in every corner of the world? The papacy has a strange propensity toward moving to the Baltic, Africa, or other far-flung areas (even saw the Papal States with a colony in Canada once, although they still had their capital in Rome.

the papal states have been gone for at least 50 years they have no provinces even avigoin has declared independce. i am playing on Vanilla so they counld't of changed capital.

derrhalt said:
the papal states have been gone for at least 50 years they have no provinces even avigoin has declared independce. i am playing on Vanilla so they counld't of changed capital.

The screenshot tells you what province they have, go check it out. But it is time for me to add to this epic thread.

Sometimes nations have some very questionable spending priorities (Castille has been a long time ally of mine, there were 3 more attempts the next month):
questionablespending.gif

Other times you wonder if that alliance you made was really such a good idea (Cleves dragged TO into this):
questionablealliance.gif

And then you have natural disasters. In the year 1464, a great white storm came out of the desert and nearly destroyed the Mamluk's army.
storm1464.gif

(Actually, something nasty happend in Ethiopia)

derrhalt said:
i don't know but i do belive that the Papal state does'nt exist.
That happens when a cardinal is from a Catholic province owned by a non-Catholic country - he automatically gets assigned to the Papal State to show his lack of allegiance to any particular country. It doesn't matter whether the Papal States actually exists or not - there will still be a pope.

This made me do a double-take in my last game. Just where do they think they're going to launch the ship?

ShipsonLand.jpg

(It's actually Milan building a ship in Parma, but it sure doesn't look that way!)

Wetew said:
Once had Portugal revolt back on Madeira but this is much better. I guess that mod allows European nations revolt in the New World unlike in the 1.3 vanilla?

It's not played with a mod and I have no idea how they managed to revolt. I diplo-annexed Portugal long ago and next month I see Portugal declaring war on me.

dharper said:
That happens when a cardinal is from a Catholic province owned by a non-Catholic country - he automatically gets assigned to the Papal State to show his lack of allegiance to any particular country. It doesn't matter whether the Papal States actually exists or not - there will still be a pope.
Which leaves me looking forward to the first screenshot with the Papal State as Papal controller...

Kazmir said:
It's not played with a mod and I have no idea how they managed to revolt. I diplo-annexed Portugal long ago and next month I see Portugal declaring war on me.
Thats strange. I thought that when a country gets annexed they lose all their cores outside europe. Wasnt that introduced in a earlier patch?

Wetew said:
Thats strange. I thought that when a country gets annexed they lose all their cores outside europe. Wasnt that introduced in a earlier patch?

I don't know, and I think that unfinished colonies can't even revolt. This is played with NA vanilla.

Kazmir said:
I don't know, and I think that unfinished colonies can't even revolt. This is played with NA vanilla.
Have you reported it to the bugforum? It can be worth it.... Then you can be the only onw with such a picture here aswell ;)

henryjai said:
hell that is an AI?

they probably just seize colony :D

nope they got it them selves they didnt seize it. It is surpisingly growing it has about 600 people right now.

Heh, Bahamas is never colonised until 16th-17th century in my games either, wonder what's wrong with the place. :p