• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trondheim said:
eu31123vh6.jpg

Oman causing trouble in southeast Asia; all of the blue-striped provinces are occupied by Oman. Also, the province above Naga is Korean.

(I was playing as Brandenburg/Germany, I loaded as Oman to take this picture.)
What year was this in? Normally Oman is destroyed due to being a different religion than its neighbors.

anarchistica said:
It's actually not that strange since they're the same religion (right?). I had Swahili inherit Chagatai in one of my games...

Swahili and Chagtai are also same religion. ;)

StephenT said:
To make it clear just how freakish and unusual this screenshot is, I should point out that I was playing NA 2.1, in the 1453 campaign, with no mods or cheats. :)

EU3_727.gif

Whoa, that's the most freakish awesome thing I've seen in the history of this thread! :eek:

spl said:
What year was this in? Normally Oman is destroyed due to being a different religion than its neighbors.

Depends when you start. With a later start date, Oman is stronger, and can do a bit more.

Then again, I've never seen them do THAT much more. :)

Trondheim said:
eu31123vh6.jpg

Oman causing trouble in southeast Asia; all of the blue-striped provinces are occupied by Oman. Also, the province above Naga is Korean.

(I was playing as Brandenburg/Germany, I loaded as Oman to take this picture.)

I could post a similar screenshot in NA. Hojo (a Japanese power) now controls most of that region, kicking around Ayutthaya and Pegu. They also have all of Atjeh's island and Malacca is down to its capital.

Last edited:
Haftetavenscrap said:
How does "lucky" get chosen?

Any country (except players) can end up with it, but are weighted to be more or less likely. France for instance, is lucky in 90% of games, while you'll only see a lucky Ming or Oirat Horde once in a blue moon.

In my game with Ceylon, I don't know what happened in Arabia, but Yemen took the entire peninsula and the Mamluks Africans lands except for Cairo, Alexandra, Siani, and Diamentina which went to the Ottomans. That peninsula seems to want to make games interesting.

piff133 said:
In my game with Ceylon, I don't know what happened in Arabia, but Yemen took the entire peninsula and the Mamluks Africans lands except for Cairo, Alexandra, Siani, and Diamentina which went to the Ottomans. That peninsula seems to want to make games interesting.
Playing in the Arabian penninsula is fun except it is hard to expand when you have Persia, the Mamlucks, and the Timuriad Empire by you.

EU3_17.png

Oman (the little blue country at the tip of the Arabian peninsula) has gone to war with Timurid Empire (the green country everywhere else, actually they're quite a lot bigger than could fit into this screenshot)