• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johan said:
Thats the intent of the "luck" factor.. to build up upto 8 major powers that can provide challenge for the mid & endgame.

Yeah, and I applaud the creativity in coming up with that idea. It's great, it doesn't give all the AI nations bonuses while still providing the player with more challenge later on.

same for me , exept they crush the mamlouk , the other bigger naion is timoourid , same size and.... ally with persia?
Timurds are pretty damn big here too. In my game Russia hasn't, formed yet mainly because of those pesky Knights who took all of Novogorod (which has come back to life). Poor Russia..

GrimPagan said:
I guess this is where Ayeshenti's ancestors fled after Scotland got a English king.

It was the other way around; England got a Scottish King. King James VI of Scotland gained the English throne and coined the term 'Great Britain'.

o0dd.png

The biggest nation in Europe being ruled by a one prov Balkan nation? :wacko:

Well, the big Persia I took a screen of earlier in the thread is now pushing 60-70 provinces, and not looking to stop either (just gobbling more and more of the Ottomans and Mameluks in particular). Also got some relativly big nations in South-East Asia, though nothing like Persia. I love this new lucky nations business :D

Not hilarious perhaps, but I found it mildly amusing.

The year is 1506, fighting between HRE-members has gone to the point where only 11 members remain, and they all *absolutely* hate eachother, not one of the electors votes for another HRE-member. Instead they seem to vote for the least evil outside Imperial borders, many votes goes to me (Sweden) despite having waged countless wars of agression to control the coastline from Ingermanland to Lübeck.

Suddenly a solution comes from the far east. Trebizond declares it independance from the Ottomans and is immediately voted Emperor, for no other reason than because the HRE electors has not yet had the time to wage war against that nation ot otherwise sour relations.

trabzonHRE.jpg

Note the elector who is still voting for me even though relations are at -60, supposedly they vote for their favourite nation so they must hate everyone :D

Gabryel Karolin said:
Not hilarious perhaps, but I found it mildly amusing.

The year is 1506, fighting between HRE-members has gone to the point where only 11 members remain, and they all *absolutely* hate eachother, not one of the electors votes for another HRE-member. Instead they seem to vote for the least evil outside Imperial borders, many votes goes to me (Sweden) despite having waged countless wars of agression to control the coastline from Ingermanland to Lübeck.

Suddenly a solution comes from the far east. Trebizond declares it independance from the Ottomans and is immediately voted Emperor, for no other reason than because the HRE electors has not yet had the time to wage war against that nation ot otherwise sour relations.

Note the elector who is still voting for me even though relations are at -60, supposedly they vote for their favourite nation so they must hate everyone :D

I get that too. Right now the HRE is rulled by Transylvania, with the runner up being Ethiopia. :)

madogvelkor said:
I get that too. Right now the HRE is rulled by Transylvania, with the runner up being Ethiopia. :)

LOL! Ethiopa, now that's strange.

I don't know the rules for HRE yet, but it shouldn't the emperor nation AND the electors all be Roman Catholic?

Seems fitting that the last heirs of the Eastern Roman Empire are ellected emperors of the Western part of it :D

I'm curious to know what happened with poor little Trabizond after that - the HRE bonuses might have helped it against the ottomans, but how long can they last?

I'm curious to know what happened with poor little Trabizond after that - the HRE bonuses might have helped it against the ottomans, but how long can they last?

They're still around in 1545 :) , still one province, allied with a quite powerful Venice (they have taken most of Austria). The Ottomans have been preoccupied with fighting either Persia or the Mameluks with noone seeming to get the upper hand. They're no longer the Emperor, though.

Same here. Hope we can get a screeni of an aztec HRE! :D Maybe even an rebelscum elected as in the EU2 version of this thread. (though if the rebels shall have any chanse off becoming emperor they better start revolting in the big blobs countries :D !! )

valzoz_p94 said:
Maybe even an rebelscum elected as in the EU2 version of this thread. (though if the rebels shall have any chanse off becoming emperor they better start revolting in the big blobs countries :D !! )

:D
I'll see what I can do........

Nice to see so many odd HREs!

brisduv said:
I don't know the rules for HRE yet, but it shouldn't the emperor nation AND the electors all be Roman Catholic?

No, three of the original seven electorates were Protestant, and the Thirty Years War was started when the Bohemians invited a protestant to take the crown, which would have given the protestants a majority of the electorates and thus bring in a protestant Imperial dynasty.

I would think the protestants ought to have the option of winning the Empire, since it was such a close thing that was heavily fought over historically.

SpiralPegasus said:
Now this was in 1459, before Bohemia and Mecklemburg got rolling in their game of Hungry Hungry German Hippos:

heligesreich.gif

'How do you say Heliges Reich in Greek?'
Is it me or did none of the electors vote for Athens at all?

I see two votes for one of the electors but I don't think electors can become emperor. But again did anyone vote for Athens at all?

Presumabely Athens won the election some time back and has since then been surpassed in the electors' eyes by other nations.