• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_5.jpg

Am I missing something here?

Okay, this gets kinda complicated. I'm Muscowy, things are going ok. Annexed Yaro, bribed the GH off my back, when I got a mission to annex Ryazan. They're allied with Novgorod, but I think "Okay, I'll hit Ryazan real hard and then figure something out with Nov." So I war dec, get Ryazan on the ropes while keeping Novgorod busy, and annex Ryazan. During this, Novgorod decides to war dec Tver. Next mission? Vassalize Tver.

So now I'm coming to Tver's rescue, even though we're not allies, because I figure Novgorod will just annex them and mission failed. I manage to defeat Novgorod (it was pretty close for a while there), keeping him down while Tver is taking territory. I figure Tver will make peace soon, Nov is out of the fight, so I war dec Tver. Tver makes peace, taking three provinces, but not before most of my troops are in position to seige him.

Tver has six regiments in Novgorod province. He wants to move them to Rzhev to break my seige. But I have six regiments there too, and more nearby to call in. So he issues the move order, cancels it, re-issues, re-cancels, so on, so forth. I decide to break the loop and send some men to Novgorod. They get there, then stand around watching Tver's army going around in circles... The two armies never actually start fighting...

Tver has six regiments in Novgorod province. He wants to move them to Rzhev to break my seige. But I have six regiments there too, and more nearby to call in. So he issues the move order, cancels it, re-issues, re-cancels, so on, so forth. I decide to break the loop and send some men to Novgorod. They get there, then stand around watching Tver's army going around in circles... The two armies never actually start fighting...

Armies never fight on third party territory as long as it stays neutral. Don't know if WAD or a feature.

My armies have never been picky about that before... I notice a nation trying to go around my armies through someone else, I get mil access and send mine in, they fight it out right there.

If Finland conquers Sweden it will exactly be 1399 Sweden borders.

Plus I think the Göteborg province (wich is owned by Denmark), colonised Lappland and the Eastern Finnish lakes provinces, wich is Novogrodian in 1399. *addicted*

@Zorlond: I think your problem is probably that Tver doesn't have military access through Novgorod, so they won't fight you there. I know that my armies won't fight the AI's if I've somehow left them in neutral territory (until I secure access that is). Would make sense if it worked the other way around too.

Playing MEIOU 5.2:

eu3163.jpg

There's a Greek-Sunni Byzantine Empire (defender of the faith to boot) hiding somewhere in the TI and my armies would very much like to say hello to them sometime in the next hundred years or so. :p

These are from my first century in my first non-cheating, Divine Wind, Castille game.
I don't remember hearing of the country called DSNAD
EU3_6_2.png

Lisboa COT gone (I was 50 years late to realize it, but whatever)!
EU3_6.png

This is a Burgundian army retreating from a battle with Liege while Austria and France fight in Burgundy for their separate political gains. Politics.
EU3_8.png

I think I'm in love with my British Isles. (Look at Hansa in Scandinavia with Scotland, those 2 and Teutons fought Norway 4 times in 30 years.)
EU3_9.png

Negative chance? Does the Missionary go rogue and start spreading Protestantism instead?
EU3_10.png

Last edited:
Armies never fight on third party territory as long as it stays neutral. Don't know if WAD or a feature.

As long as you both have mil access, you fight right there.

Anyhow, check out this Europe... What happens if you don't intervene in Europe for a long time. :)

EU3_94.jpg

Friss... French Swiss.

Novgorod had a major revolt 10 years into the game. I had absolutely no involvement.
mkewe.jpg

Unrelated game. No idea how this happened. (Btw it is a mix of Miscmods and DAO Lite so Cyprus is Jewish.)
CLVG2.jpg

Last edited:

That is completely false. If you both have military access, you can very well fight on third-party soil.

Negative chance? Does the Missionary go rogue and start spreading Protestantism instead?

There's nothing odd about that, it happens in everyone's game (well, if you play as a Catholic). It's to prevent any chance of you changing a
"rogue" province's religion during the Reformation-period. ;)

I'm more interested in the name of the British HRE with you playing as Prussia :laugh:
GB ruler names are based on the fact that it was ruled by the House of Hanover for almost the entirety of its existence within the game's timeframe (from 1714 onwards), even though the kings during the game's timeframe were all named George.