• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome! This is so rare! The Netherlands have fo- wait...what?
This happened in Death & Taxes (which quickly became one of my favourite mods, due to the empires actually getting quite nice borders, and countries forming more often, though this is a very wierd case), and I have no idea why. The Netherlands didn't actually form, but seem to have rebelled from someone. How they got the core is something I'm still puzzled about, the only other core they have seems to be in Ghent.

Probably, what happened is that a foreign power owned the province, then Dutch nationalists appeared and took the province. If, at the time, all the other Dutch-culture countries existed, then Netherlands would have been the next choice. And when nationalists take a province/provinces, the new country will get cores on all of those provinces.

Really? I could've sworn that looked like it came out of a scenario with already better borders. Seriously, the borders look too good. :p

Just another weird thing from it, when the game was over the borders where much worse though so i cought it at its best, I think what happened is that the Hordes blobbed massiveky and then fell apart when that happens the borders are usually pretty nice which managed to stick around for awhile because of Death and Taxes being a more stable world.

Probably, what happened is that a foreign power owned the province, then Dutch nationalists appeared and took the province. If, at the time, all the other Dutch-culture countries existed, then Netherlands would have been the next choice. And when nationalists take a province/provinces, the new country will get cores on all of those provinces.

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm guessing that's what happened, then.

I have no idea how this happened
23E925CCA10BCCA0C684F6395A96A27617053E42
You're playing the very latest version of Miscmods. In the new version, Nomads can settle if they either expand or contract far enough. Note that they are now have alliances and royal marriages. Assuming they have access to the sea, every coastal province on the map can be the Horde's. ; )

o_o NEVER seen the AI do that...barely managed to pull it off myself.

(the players are Aragon and Burgundy, we had no hand in what happened in England)

eu310t.jpg

:eek:

:facepalm: They took Aquitaine instead of England (and they kept Aquitaine for years!)
eu311d.jpg

I wish the Ottos learned a thing or two with AI Byz
eu315.jpg

This is awesome!
eu316g.jpg

why should the AI settle for Lessrocco when it can have Mor(e)occo :D
how did it grow that big anyway?

I don't know, they ate the Ziyyanids, then the Hafsids, and at one point ate lybia from the Byzantines. They never had any kind of problems and are quite strong, i like it that way...
They also own Naxos and one province in Anatolia

from an MP game me and Duke of Britain were playing:
03kiM.jpg
Switzerland, most corrupt nation ever. EDIT: And at the latest save point it still is, it has wool trade rights with all surviving merchreps.
Ssx7C.jpg
And you know about cloning? Invented way back in the 15th century by the Teutonic Order.
(Never mind my ramblings about Americans in the back. :eek:o)