• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duopoly?

duopoly%20r.jpg

I'm pretty sure he is Tryone. Although I don't particularly think there is anything strange going on. In one of my previous games, I already had a monopoly in one center of trade, but I was still allowed to send more merchants. Doing so didn't affect the number of my merchants in the trade center, but instead kicked out other nation's merchants and increased the amount of money my monopoly made (monopolies will also take income from empty merchant slots).

I'm France (cropped it out, but ever seen the AI grow so big?) and have no trade agreement with Tyrone (or anyone for that matter). I've only ever seen this once and i've got monopolies in all my 20+ COTs.

Maybe my COTs are just a special kind of insane. Check this out, i wasn't allowed to compete in my own COT for a few months (then i was allowed again). WTF?

can't%20compete%20r.jpg

Also, fear ghost nation Bengal. It has no land but does have an army and a fleet. How did this happen?

ghost%20nation%20r.jpg

anarchistica said:
Maybe my COTs are just a special kind of insane. Check this out, i wasn't allowed to compete in my own COT for a few months (then i was allowed again). WTF?

can't%20compete%20r.jpg

Did you have a trade agreement with... i guess it Holland or Netherlands ? If you have a trade agreement withthe nation who has a monopoly and you have 5 merchants... you can't drive the guy out to take his place.

Strange rule... You should be able to kick off other countries unless if trade agreement with all of them and/or if only 2 or less merchants are available since 2 slots are empty. And even in this case, value of the French trade here should not be 0.00.

gigau said:
Did you have a trade agreement with... i guess it Holland or Netherlands ? If you have a trade agreement withthe nation who has a monopoly and you have 5 merchants... you can't drive the guy out to take his place.
Netherlands. And no, no trade agreements at all. This only happened in my Asian COTs, Fars, Kutch and Malacca. After a few months i could compete again. :wacko:

anarchistica said:
Netherlands. And no, no trade agreements at all. This only happened in my Asian COTs, Fars, Kutch and Malacca. After a few months i could compete again. :wacko:

Then, i got no explanation at all....

anarchistica said:
Also, fear ghost nation Bengal. It has no land but does have an army and a fleet. How did this happen?

ghost%20nation%20r.jpg

I had the same issue in my game as Vijayanagar/Mughal Empire. For centuries there was a Bengal Army (with General/King?) sitting there in their former province, even though they had been annexed ages ago. There may have even been a one ship fleet sitting in the same sea area as well, although my memory of that is hazy.

stepguybrian said:
I had the same issue in my game as Vijayanagar/Mughal Empire. For centuries there was a Bengal Army (with General/King?) sitting there in their former province, even though they had been annexed ages ago. There may have even been a one ship fleet sitting in the same sea area as well, although my memory of that is hazy.
I wonder if it can happen to a human player? If it can, I wonder if any war they fought would instantly be at 100% for the other country or if it would be a horribly unfair one-sided war where only one side can possibly take provinces?

stepguybrian said:

I've seen something similar happen with Ansbach: they were annexed by Lithuania, but still had troops (with king). Then rebels took over Ansbach and declared independence, and the troops went home.

eu3731hg4.jpg

It seems as though America's manifest destiny is in the opposite direction...

frenchianhannoverru0.jpg

France nearly fell apart, and now the capital of France is away from all of their other provinces. France also had a colony in Indonesia that was taken over by Shaybanid, but I didn't take a screenshot of that.