• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

This is what happens when I play Ethiopia. This is the weirdest Europe I have ever seen, I mean, just look at those Timurids, they actually got pushed back! And Guyenne is replacing France?! Ottomans no longer exist and have splintered into a million different states? Large Mamluks? Morea is the Byzantine successor-state, controlling Thrace? Russian states holding their own against the Golden Horde? Independant Normandy? THIS IS MADNESS!

Besides its overall highly fractile nature, I see that Aragon is having a lot of success in France, and Burgundy and Aragon are colonizing England. Is that Galicia in Africa?

Ehrm...calculating error, or did I miss something here?
2011-12-31_00001.jpg

Also, you might not be able to see it, but the Jalayirids inherited the Golden Horde. This is played on the last D&T alpha, where the hordes are back to pre-DW, I think.

Okay guys, I get it. I lost Haud to rebels. You can stop spamming me now. Please?!!!

This is what happens when I play Ethiopia. This is the weirdest Europe I have ever seen, I mean, just look at those Timurids, they actually got pushed back! And Guyenne is replacing France?! Ottomans no longer exist and have splintered into a million different states? Large Mamluks? Morea is the Byzantine successor-state, controlling Thrace? Russian states holding their own against the Golden Horde? Independant Normandy? THIS IS MADNESS!

I've seen flanders in Italy, where Naples in your picture is.
Your picture isn't that strange.

So apparently the Ottomans in my game were eaten up by the Mamluks, and ...Bosnia?
Who's busy with the OccupyMedievalIreland over there?

View attachment 44853

In my game as Russia, I discovered that Khandesh can into space as well!:eek:hmy:
I have just reloaded as them to get a better picture

So, just screwing around with Vanilla DW. I started a brand new Grand Campaign. I selected Castille. When the game loaded, I did two things:

1. I released Galacia as a vassal.
2. I saved the game.

Then I resigned, started a new single player game, selected the game I'd just saved, and selected Galacia as my nation.

And this is what I saw:

eu3-001.jpg

The ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD is Terra Incognita.

Also, my mission is to improve my relationship with Portugal. Only I can't because I don't know where they are. Despite being right next to them.

So, just screwing around with Vanilla DW. I started a brand new Grand Campaign. I selected Castille. When the game loaded, I did two things:

2. I saved the game.

Then I resigned, started a new single player game, selected the game I'd just saved, and selected Galacia as my nation.

And this is what I saw:

eu3-001.jpg

Also, my mission is to improve my relationship with Portugal. Only I can't because I don't know where they are. Despite being right next to them.

Wait for the month to tick over, you'll discover everything your tech group knows about.

2. I saved the game.

And this is what I saw:

eu3-001.jpg

That should fix at the end of the month, and you should get the remainder of Europe visible. Nice screenshot though :D

Who's busy with the OccupyMedievalIreland over there?

That would be Genoa, as can be seen in the lower right of the image, by the minimap.

"Sir, the Castillan (or whatever the demonym is) throne released our nation!"
"Yes, we are finally free! Wait a second, where are we?"
"My god sir, we appear to be the only thing left on the Earth!"
(One month later)
"Oh nevermind, we suddenly discovered Europe!"

I think I'm more amused by the fact that they presumably knew about the rest of Europe before being released, and the act of releasing them as a vassal made EVERYBODY forget.

Releasing a territory as a vassal apparently also involves lots of hypnotism...

View attachment 44877

Same game as Russia, with Kazakh being totally ridiculous. Do they even know where Sokoto is???