• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ElectricEel said:
A country assaulting its own capital...

meccaassaultzc5.jpg

(I made peace with them while they were assaulting the capital, which I had earlier captured. Neither their army nor their fortress were actually losing men after the peace.)

Noticed that sometimes... It's not assaulting its own capital... it just didn't notice the end of the battle and that the other are retreating. A few seconds later they stop :)

pdubz said:
Seems the French just can't bring themselves to relinquish their Italian dream:

eu31nk6.jpg

(Years later, they still retain their core...)

yeah, I noticed that too. I kept 6 cores in Austria that were dated about a decade before. However, I continually find reasons to go to war with Austria, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

In either event, it'd be nice if that would update, since it normally doesn't tell you until AFTER they stop being cores that "oh, yeah, that core's gone."

fr8train316 said:
yeah, I noticed that too. I kept 6 cores in Austria that were dated about a decade before. However, I continually find reasons to go to war with Austria, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

In either event, it'd be nice if that would update, since it normally doesn't tell you until AFTER they stop being cores that "oh, yeah, that core's gone."

In my game France haven't done anything about getting that core, so by rights it should be forfeit.

I agree with your suggestion. I am informed of gaining a core, so why not losing one?

Quick question: I have noticed that, in my games, alot of countries have their capital moved. This is not as a result of rebellion, as they still control large countries. Is it possible to take another countries capital in a peace agreement without annexation?

Seelensturm said:
The capitals can declare independence when a non exisiting nation has a core on it.
Or an eliminated nation can get independence in one of their colonies back.

Side note-I've noticed that the game still carries the Saxony core on some of my enemy's provinces, even though I'm Saxony-turned-Germany and also have cores on them...I'm kind of wondering what would happen if I forced Austria to "release" Saxony lol.

I shall call it Mini-me.

Scott1964 said:
:wacko: :eek: We will be speaking Portuguese :eek:
Pois vão, e qual é o problema? :p

I see you're smart enough to RM them too ;)

redox said:
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
Portugal declared independence from Norway? :wacko:

Hajji Giray I said:
Portugal declared independence from Norway? :wacko:

Had this a few times. Portugal and England are usually allies, the same with Scotland and Norway. So England fights Scotland, Portugal Norway. After 25 years Portugal gets cores in scandinavia (or at least with boundary disput in Norway!)
Later Portugal gets eaten up by mighty Castille and Norway joins the war.
So you need just a revolt in Norway...