• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
scaled.php

Mega-Algiers. They have sonce lost some of the West. I'd help them, but I'm too far away, they hate me despite the fact that we have never interracted, and it seems to be really hard to make money in Scandinavia (this is only my second game, my first was as France and was going well until I ended up at war with everyone 100-odd years in, couldn't recover, and decided to do something cooler. If there's something I'm missing, please fill me in)
scaled.php

Scottish Denmark. They took Svlesig and Fyn in a war duning my initial "Revolution" against the Danes (which was itsself taking advantage of another war, I can't remember who against). They then took Jylland from me. My ally England gave it to them in a peace before I could bring my army over from the other end of my kingdom to retake it. They had already taken most of northern England. Both of these have been retaken.

I'm new to this game and newer to this forum. I hope to have more to post later.

scaled.php

Mega-Algiers. They have sonce lost some of the West. I'd help them, but I'm too far away, they hate me despite the fact that we have never interracted, and it seems to be really hard to make money in Scandinavia (this is only my second game, my first was as France and was going well until I ended up at war with everyone 100-odd years in, couldn't recover, and decided to do something cooler. If there's something I'm missing, please fill me in)
scaled.php

Scottish Denmark. They took Svlesig and Fyn in a war duning my initial "Revolution" against the Danes (which was itsself taking advantage of another war, I can't remember who against). They then took Jylland from me. My ally England gave it to them in a peace before I could bring my army over from the other end of my kingdom to retake it. They had already taken most of northern England. Both of these have been retaken.

I'm new to this game and newer to this forum. I hope to have more to post later.

You are realy bad france player. France is best nation in the world if you know how to play them. Fitst of warn burgundy, and guarantee bar. Then just reconquest your vassals, and when you done this force england out of french lands. When they are done, and you have your armies to the force limit, war on burgundy and TAKE ONLY non core provinces of yours, until they are left with their capital only. Then just take their capital, and when you got it, take your cores. You of course will need at least 3-5 wars to do it, but anway remember to keep few magistrates to take your non-cores out of empire. When burgundy is done - vassalize Brittany, and take any cores that you still not got. Also kill off Provence - or if napoli inherited it (you are lucky if they did, as it mean imperor not involved) force them to give you provence provinces. Also remember that provence capital - provence - is not your core, and you will need to remove it from empire.

You just need to remember few things :
If you can, try to fight in defensive wars against burgundy. If you do, you gain 3 infamy for province instead of 4. Also it does not involve HRE, unless they are allied. Also try to keep emperor as friend unless they are your enemy anyway or allied with burgundy.
If you attack burgundy yourself, remember to destroy their armies fast, so that you have your soliders free, while emperor comes. Burgundian armies forged with imperial reinforcements can be deadly. Also try to ally country that does not like burgundy, for example switzerland, savoy, or austria.
When you fight england, try to attack them when they are strong enough to not be left by their allies. It is because, you need warscore, and their allies can bring you some. When you got around 41 warscore, ask them for 25 ducats (if they do not agree ofc - you don't want 25 ducats, you want land, and if they agree, then just ask for land) untill their stab is low, and warcapity decreases. If you got mission to reconquer the land they got, it is even better as you gain additional prestige.
Try to keep large Sphere of influence - it does increse your diplomatic skill, and because so, increase relation with other countries, and give your diplomatic offer higher chance of being agreed on. Also it give you more magistates, and if your prestige is 100 already, it won't grow, so it is prestige well spent if spent on SOI.

*violently spits Coca-Cola onto the keyboard* First off, stop making me ruin my keyboard. :p, ;D. Secondly, Papal States!? In Michigan!?

But he is very clearly playing as Sweden in both screenshots
Flags are pretty similar tho, and in the screenshots the flag *does* look a bit like that of the French.

Please fully read the post :)

(this is only my second game, my first was as France and was going well until I ended up at war with everyone 100-odd years in, couldn't recover, and decided to do something cooler. If there's something I'm missing, please fill me in)

He's also pretty clearly stated that it's only his second game. And it's his first post on the forum. There's a reason Iwanow's always on probation.

Edit: Wow I should really read to the end of the thread. Bonus points for ChrillSwe and wriener.