• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can the game be fun if it isn't challenging?

There are several types of challenging. The two most important ones are:

1. Exciting-Challenging
2. Boring-Challenging

The only cheats I use myself, is to force peace deals that make sense (such as when I and my Muscovite ally occupied all of the PLC and were standing strong - I should be able to demand pretty much anything at that point since I have completely occupied every last province, slaughtered every last soldier and supressed any rebellion while not being exhausted at all from the war) and maximize my stability when it makes no sense that I've taken a hit, such as when you want to declare war on Riga. Why should Sweden, who traditionally held a great interet in the Baltic, suffer several national uprisings because I want to annex Riga? makes no sense.

Thus, there's a difference between cheating because you can and cheating because it improves the experience. I generally try to limit cheating to a minimum, it's when I just can't be bothered suffering a bunch of ping-pong rebellions, or a stability drop makes no sense like I've already covered, that I go to the console and type 'stability'.

Cheating can also be a great way to ''roleplay'' your particular game, as well as in order to represent events. It can also be done in the favor of AI nations.

Cheating is cheating, no matter your intentions. ;)

But it's your game, so you play it how you want.

Cheating is cheating, no matter your intentions. ;)

But it's your game, so you play it how you want.

It sure is cheating no matter what, I agree. I would prefer not to cheat (I only seem to do it playing as Sweden, no idea why - it just tends to be way more bothersome playing Sweden), but yeah, sometimes you just can't be bothered. I never give myself a decisive advantage though, that's boring.

And indeed it is.

What a strange name for the king of Gotland. :p
kingorqueen.png
:rofl:

Let's just say that the king grew up a very tolerant man :p

So does this country switching cheat work with IN? I can't seem to get it to.

Yeah. You have to make sure that you type tag in lower case characters, and the tag of the country you want to change to in capitals.
Like: tag RUS
From what I've heard, it's not a good idea to switch to a country that you see as terra incognita. :p But I don't know, I haven't tried doing that.

Nah, I've done that. Your map info remains the same as your old country, though.

You should NOT change to countries that do not exist.

You can change to the rebels without screwing it up. This way you can remove their armies.

Although that's pretty lame and you should not do it if you're trying to avoid cheating.

Yeah. You have to make sure that you type tag in lower case characters, and the tag of the country you want to change to in capitals.
Like: tag RUS
From what I've heard, it's not a good idea to switch to a country that you see as terra incognita. :p But I don't know, I haven't tried doing that.
Capitals would be the problem. I'd forgotten EUIII needs them. Thanks.

Nah, I've done that. Your map info remains the same as your old country, though.

You should NOT change to countries that do not exist.

You can change to the rebels without screwing it up. This way you can remove their armies.

Although that's pretty lame and you should not do it if you're trying to avoid cheating.

I was the one that brought the news of tagging in as rebels! I even posted pictures.

FYI, if you change to a country that doesn't exist, it kicks you to the history exit screen.

I know, that's why I said you shouldn't do it :p

You might also accidentally change to the wrong country (Thinking BRA is Brabant but is actually Brazil)

You can find all country tags in the EU3 folder/common/countries.txt

If you're using a mod that adds new nations, check the same files, just in the mod folder.