• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Falahk said:
Haftetavenscrap: I just had to post this one in response to your fleet size screen........maybe i should say that our arms race got a bit out of hand in EGA8 , just take a look at the number of big ships:
->insert pic here <-
Wow...that's really the "Grande y Felicísima Armada " :eek:

First, Turks in Lithuania?!
Turks_in_Lithuania.jpg

Next, Mazovia expands?
MAZ_Expands.jpg

Last, but not least, they have a navy but no core there?
No_Core_Navy.jpg

Another screenie!

The Mamluk's army is in tatters. Why? They all died of tropical diseases on vacation without ever fighting a war: :wacko: (The army in question is in the uncolonized province)
EU3_13.png

Nice one tangent!

Haftetavenscrap said:
Another screenie!

The Mamluk's army is in tatters. Why? They all died of tropical diseases on vacation without ever fighting a war: :wacko: (The army in question is in the uncolonized province)...

Welcome to the Wounderful world of Attrition.

Sit back and let the rotting Fungi, and annoying bugs "grow" on you. ;)

From my latest Vijayanagar game in MMG 1.7whatever. Loaded up England to take a gander at how Europe was doing, and a few unusual things caught my eye;

strange1vn5.png

Note that not only did England manage somehow to escape the HYW unscathed but has actually managed to aquire Vlaandareen and a personal union with France. Looking at what happened to Burgundy I suspect that that happened pretty soon after the end of the HYW. Holland's appeared of its own accord and Burgundy's capital has moved to Brabant of all places. Note that Austria owns Avignon, Ancona and Romagna. They also used to own Roma (the Papal State eventually reappeared in Franche-Comte. As the vassal of Austria. Oh, the craziness.

strange2jz6.png

Muscovy; bigger than god and knocking on the door of the HRE. Poland and Lithuania are all but footnotes at this point.

strange3sq6.png

Ottoman Empire getting gang-raped by *deep breath* Austria, Muscovy, Georgia (note size), Venice, Qara Koyunlu and the Livonian Order (owning Alexandria, I shit you not). This isn't entirely suprising, it's probably BB wars. What is suprising is that they're doing so badly and that the Austria-Ottoman war has been going on for TWENTY YEARS. See those four provinces Austria has south and east of Krain? The Long Wait. I've never seen the AI get provinces from the long wait before. But this is even more special; first Austria got Croatia from the event. Then Muscovy settled with the OE for the lands it has there, which gave Constantinople back to Ottoman control. The Austrians promply seized it and are coming up on the point where they will get that from the long wait.

Oh, and to reiterate; the Livonian Order OWN ALEXANDRIA. O_O. The Knights controlled quite a swathe for a while as well, but they settled for a white peace.

Amusingly, all those Ottoman provinces cut off from the capital by Dulkandir are suffering from the "overseas possession" modifier. Because they're in Africa, and Constantinople isn't. *facepalm*

aaand it's thirteen months later and

strange4zn7.png

*Russia has formed
*Austria declared peace
*Qara Koyunlu has devoured Arabia

What a difference a year makes, eh?

Autonomous said:
Amusingly, all those Ottoman provinces cut off from the capital by Dulkandir are suffering from the "overseas possession" modifier. Because they're in Africa, and Constantinople isn't. *facepalm*

I've seen this in several of my games. After this the Ottomans usually move their Capitol to the African side... freeing Thrace for Conquest...