• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
from a game as spain with Magna Mundi IV 1.31

the game goes relativly normal, exept for the pope getting annexed all the time (now i granted them malta), and these two pics:

eu32dw6.jpg

Are the ottomans really supposed to get that strong? oO
Well, to bad for them, that all but 4 european provinces have the wrong religion.
Austria still exists ... in Vienna only, and the ottomans have just passed the BB limit a couple years ago

And allways a thing thats nice to see:
eu34qs2.jpg

They now also have some colonies in northern Canada and one in africa. England lost the rest to Creek :D

Duke of Wellington said:
What the...? :eek:

Who are they allied with to do that?

I suspect they inherited Iroqouis. Its the only explanation lol

And now for a lesson in the quirks of European diplomacy. First, let's have a look at the ledger. Notice how Poland is at war with Burgundy in the 4th War of Lorrainian Aggression
war_and_peace_1.jpg

Now take a look at the diplomatic options Poland has regarding Burgundy. In view of the present hostilities a declaration of war might be ion order.
war_and_peace_2.jpg

But before we do that we might want to consider signing a peace with those aggressive Lorrainians (four wars of aggression in four decades, tsk tsk)
war_and_peace_3.jpg

But as it turns out, we can't sign a peace with Lorraine since their alliance leader is Burgundy with whom we are not at war, apparently.

Abraxas said:
And now for a lesson in the quirks of European diplomacy. First, let's have a look at the ledger. Notice how Poland is at war with Burgundy in the 4th War of Lorrainian Aggression

Now take a look at the diplomatic options Poland has regarding Burgundy. In view of the present hostilities a declaration of war might be ion order.
[IMG]
But before we do that we might want to consider signing a peace with those aggressive Lorrainians (four wars of aggression in four decades, tsk tsk)
[IMG]
But as it turns out, we can't sign a peace with Lorraine since their alliance leader is Burgundy with whom we are not at war, apparently.[/QUOTE]Don't you just love 15th century politics? :rofl:

Abraxas said:

[IMG]
[IMG]
But as it turns out, we can't sign a peace with Lorraine since their alliance leader is Burgundy with whom we are not at war, apparently. [/QUOTE]
What version are you playing, out of curiosity.

It seems to me like the AI loves to build CoTs.
eu311en4.png

Who am I fighting and why do the rebels have a general!?
whofv2.png

Poor Italy, being conquered after the unification, yet they are lucky too.
poorluckydm3.png

spl said:
A most strange war goes in Turkey and Greece, Iberia invades united!

How does it end up?

What about Burgundy crushing the Ottoman Empire and leaves them with one province that Lithuania promptly annexes?
EU3_12.png

Then of course you ask "What is that purple blob?". That purple blob is the Russian sized Lithuania. :)

Strange things happen in this world. The whole of Lithuania is part of the Reich, and thus the HRE is a lot bigger than you would expect... :wacko:

comagoosie said:
Who am I fighting and why do the rebels have a general!?
whofv2.png
It appears that you are fighting the ghost of Christan VIII, the Danish King who died mysteriously in Sjaelland 100 years ago and seeks revenge against the Norwegians who defile his homeland.

I like your army names, too. "Viking Raiders" is good; but even better is "Cuban Guards." Really, Norwegians in Cuba? Anyone who can look at that without either A) laughing or B) saying "huh?", has been playing way too much EU3. :)

EDIT: Ooooh so close to 3000th

Amob_m_s said:
I like your army names, too. "Viking Raiders" is good; but even better is "Cuban Guards." Really, Norwegians in Cuba? Anyone who can look at that without either A) laughing or B) saying "huh?", has been playing way too much EU3. :)

EDIT: Ooooh so close to 3000th
I am really trying to hire a general with the name of "castro" but alas castro is not in \Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\common\countries\norway.txt. I might have to mod it in. ;)

EDIT: darn 2999 :(

comagoosie said:
I am really trying to hire a general with the name of "castro" but alas castro is not in \Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\common\countries\norway.txt. I might have to mod it in. ;)

EDIT: darn 2999 :(
Mod it in!
Viking longboats in the 17th century?

EDIT: 3000! Take that comagoosie.