• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a bit odd that EU3 doesn't reflect any of this. I mean, his capital was in Vienna for almost a decade, but if you load up EU3 during those years you'll see ~100k Austrian soldiers on the Hungarian border while Hungary itself only has a total of ~40k.

[patriotism]
for some reason EU3 favors Bohemia over Poland and Hungary (also the military boost for the HRE Emperor is enormous - not to mention Poland and Hungary being in the eastern tech.group and with the GH at their backdoor)
[/patriotism]

[patriotism]
for some reason EU3 favors Bohemia over Poland and Hungary (also the military boost for the HRE Emperor is enormous - not to mention Poland and Hungary being in the eastern tech.group and with the GH at their backdoor)
[/patriotism]

Still poland got the lithuania in union, so if players plays it, it make it quite easy to stop GH - you just pay them tribute, but as they are not longer your neighbour you no longer pay tribute, and no longer can be at war with them, so you fear no one, cause you can easily blob into TO, russia, and after bohemia cease to be hre, and it is not austria who is HRE, you can easily expand there... also, you can use cascading aliances to your favor. And from the beggining you got small mazovia, just asking to be eaten.

Hungary is another matter, as if moldavian provinces are eaten, they ussualy die. But if not, then they are easily to be power, more powerfull than even turkey, aspecialy if turkey got gangbanged by italian minors & allies, plus occasionaly all european powers, wanting to take them apart. No mention that there are crushades, and other cruel red blob that lie in the east.

6eet88.jpg

^
Yes thats right, that loading screen message was wrong, ok i did meddle with the HRE borders before i did this, but it was fun having castille as emperor. :) It also solves the problem of England taking over all of Europe, with making the rest of Europe HRE. (im using death and taxes mod by the way)

6eet88.jpg

^
Yes thats right, that loading screen message was wrong, ok i did meddle with the HRE borders before i did this, but it was fun having castille as emperor. :) It also solves the problem of England taking over all of Europe, with making the rest of Europe HRE. (im using death and taxes mod by the way)

It's castille, not spain. Screen says, SPAIN is not emperor. Not castille ;P XD

But, but, but, I have aragon in a union under me so its kinda spain, know what i mean?

Then i am kinda superman, because i wear kinda glasses. ;P
There was no kingdom of spain before those two countries were fully in union. Only kingdom of spain and kingdom of aragon. Then when there was formed a formal union they did transformed into country of spain of course but anyway... you get my point?

Then i am kinda superman, because i wear kinda glasses. ;P
There was no kingdom of spain before those two countries were fully in union. Only kingdom of spain and kingdom of aragon. Then when there was formed a formal union they did transformed into country of spain of course but anyway... you get my point?
Aww... now i have to wait till 1480 to inherit them because its one of the rules of making spain in death and taxes, and i have to keep the HRE title meanwhile. Oh well.

Eastern Europe is having a field day...

UZUIA.jpg

...but this is the real oddity in this game.

vzZrM.jpg

Yemen and Candar, what the flip?
Oh... and that's Cornwall and Corsica occupying the Levant.

On the same topic of the loading screen being wrong, I have a game where rousslin is not a french province, but the game isn't over yet... I know it's not really that strange but France was at one time an OPM and Burgundy has the ugliest borders I have ever seen. They control parts of Scotland and Italy as well as there odd shaped chunk of France. I had nothing to do with any of this either.

eu310h.png

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a bit of a strange game all round. I've seen a massive Zaporozhie, Epirus, Ragusa (who is now my vassal), Epirote Asia, and Castille down to two provinces after conflict with Aragon and Portugal... the two provinces being Toledo and Asyut (inland in Egypt).

In my Great Britain game (I had to switch to an Eastern nation in order to get rid of the terra incognita), I think I've found another contender for the largest AI empire:
eu35z.png

And to think, this macho nation's only going to get bigger, I figure.

It's 1645 and asia is still terra incognita to you?

Also I predict that that ming will likely collapse when the rebels start coming. The AI is awful at handling rebels in a country that size since they can't anticipate revolts. If some revolters were to pop up in Vietnam they would send their troops down there, not realizing that rebels could pop up along the muscovian border and all there troops would be on the other side of the continent.

Just the Siberian regions were still terra incognita. I think those areas were only just revealed to me in 1650 . . . and the fact that they haven't collapsed already is one heck of an accomplishment. I took a look at Ming itself and I saw that they're still going, even with their Mandate lost. And they haven't been warring. I think they're taking the time to consolidate their power and burn their high infamy. I may be giving the AI too much credit here, but Ming is actually being seemingly smart for once. :p

In my Great Britain game (I had to switch to an Eastern nation in order to get rid of the terra incognita), I think I've found another contender for the largest AI empire:
eu35z.png

And to think, this macho nation's only going to get bigger, I figure.

Better hope Muscovy, Baluchistan, and Persia are Gandalf enough to save Europe from the Ming.