• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wallachian Moldavia?

EU3_81-1.jpg

Greasy Turkey.

EU3_82-1.jpg

COT madness!
EU3_114.jpg

spl said:
COT madness!
EU3_114.jpg

I'd like to see the national borders on that last one. Looks interesting. Oh, spl, you going to make an IN version of that "What does NA add?" link? Since IN adds even more stuff and all. :D

Anyway, here are some more odd screenshots from my current game:
EU3_33.jpg

Trebizond, how many times do I have to tell you to stay on your own continent?

EU3_74.jpg

French Protestants march on Rome, so the Pope flees to... Fez?

EU3_86.jpg

Well, the Pope has left North Africa and now he's going to see about that Counter-Reformation- oh crap, he excomunicated himself. I'm not sure if this is some sort of penance for losing Rome, or just a really nasty case of multiple personality disorder.

EU3_137.jpg

Nothing too odd here; I just find the idea of "Papal Peasants" rather amusing. :D

EU3_120.jpg

No, I don't know why Wusuli defected to the Papal State. (Note: they are not Catholic.)

EU3_117.jpg

How many CoTs can you find in this picture? (And yes, we're done with the whacky antics of the Papal States.)

EU3_90.jpg

Ah, Gonzalo de la Vega, the forgotten Founding Father. He and Jefferson were tight, you know.

EU3_127.jpg

Canadian New Yorkers. 'Nuff said.

EU3_123.jpg

Man, those Portuguese really hate... um... the Portuguese. (68.3% revolt risk, damn. :eek: )

EU3_134.jpg

And this is a result, a personal favorite of mine, and possibly one of the weirdest screen shots I've ever taken. In the 18th century, after centuries of religious and civil strife, the Iberian Peninsula... went insane. Yes, that is the United States in Asturias, and Louisiana in Galicia. :wacko:

Iberia sure likes to get partitioned in IN! :(

EUROO7 said:
Iberia sure likes to get partitioned in IN! :(
The only reason why Iberia hasn't disintegrated in my game is because I'm allied with both Castille and Aragon. Portugal as tried to collapse though...

Haftetavenscrap said:
The only reason why Iberia hasn't disintegrated in my game is because I'm allied with both Castille and Aragon. Portugal as tried to collapse though...

Same thing in my game, It is held together by my armies in Spain. :(

I do, however, receive defection messages from it's colonial empire every month.

EUROO7 said:
Same thing in my game, It is held together by my armies in Spain. :(

I do, however, receive defection messages from it's colonial empire every month.

I blame Castille for most of it. Despite having a pretty sizable Protestant presence, they've stayed stubbornly Catholic, and that's caused massive rebellions; you'll notice the significant swath of territory that belongs to Foix. That's the result of Protestant rebellions in Castille. Then Castille and Portugal were at war for a really long time (talking decades here) which destabalized them both and caused, I assume, massive war exhaustion. I had to send in troops a few times to hold Castille together. Honestly, I'd say it's mainly due to having solid relations with me that Castille has remained cohesive at all. Right now, though, the only stable countries in the area seem to be Granada and Aragon, and Aragon is currently my vassal. You'll also notice that the time difference between the two screenshots of Iberia is only 9 years. Just realized, myself. :eek:

I don't think that Zealots should cause defections, they should force convert the nation. Another problem, is that the AI seems to have a revolt risk from 'policy restriction' rather frequently. They're probably fully centralized with feudal monarchies and such.

Haftetavenscrap said:
I don't think that Zealots should cause defections, they should force convert the nation. Another problem, is that the AI seems to have a revolt risk from 'policy restriction' rather frequently. They're probably fully centralized with feudal monarchies and such.

Well, they can force convert a country if that country chooses to surrender to them, but as you might expect, that doesn't happen too often. (Ironically, though, the Stability loss from this is less than what you'd take for converting normally, lol). As for the policy restriction thing, I think you're right. The AI doesn't seem to take this into account for whatever reason.

Agreed, every man and his dog seems to get them. I saw 5 in the British Isles alone once, Cornwall (Independent), Lothian (Scotland), Wales (Independent), Meath (Ireland) and East Anglia (England).

Garak said:
EU3_134.jpg

And this is a result, a personal favorite of mine, and possibly one of the weirdest screen shots I've ever taken. In the 18th century, after centuries of religious and civil strife, the Iberian Peninsula... went insane. Yes, that is the United States in Asturias, and Louisiana in Galicia. :wacko:

What would make spaniards bleed in this pic is Catalonia just lying in the middle of Old Castille :rofl:

EDIT: just noticed it is Bearn, but it's odd anyway :D

Now one of my own:

Commie Hamburg!

Hey, where did Engels left his buddy Karl Marx? :rofl:

Ok, it actually lacks an 's', but it's funny enough :D

Garak said:
EU3_134.jpg

:eek: Where do I begin? :eek:

That is simply strange!

Garak said:
EU3_86.jpg

Well, the Pope has left North Africa and now he's going to see about that Counter-Reformation- oh crap, he excomunicated himself. I'm not sure if this is some sort of penance for losing Rome, or just a really nasty case of multiple personality disorder
My best guess (based on having a Pope named Johann, doesn't seem to papal to me) is that the Pope excommunicated the ruler of Riga before getting annexed and then Riga got the event to become the new Papal State

Abraxas said:
My best guess (based on having a Pope named Johann, doesn't seem to papal to me) is that the Pope excommunicated the ruler of Riga before getting annexed and then Riga got the event to become the new Papal State
So, Johann of Riga was excommunicated, then someone annexed the vatican. Then the excommunicated Johann proclaims himself the new pope.

Ahura Mazda said:
So, Johann of Riga was excommunicated, then someone annexed the vatican. Then the excommunicated Johann proclaims himself the new pope.

And forgot to revoke the excommunication on himself as well. Silly pope.

comagoosie said:
Just think, if he excommunicated himself, he must be going to confession every 20 minutes :D

No way, he just denied that himself :rofl:

Garak said:
I'd like to see the national borders on that last one. Looks interesting. Oh, spl, you going to make an IN version of that "What does NA add?" link? Since IN adds even more stuff and all. :D
Nah, somebody made a similar thread I put in my signature :p

I have this world map:
1667.jpg

And I found this screenshot from the early game!
Ragusa strikes back!

EU3_132-1.jpg