• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A protestant pope was just the beginnings of the oddities for me:

EU3_2-1.jpg

Then the international community must have realized thet a protestant pope simply wouldn't do, so a "role-switching" program was started.

the (now catholic) pope was given a minor island in the middle of nowhere:
EU3_4-1.png

And a small island in the middle of nowhere was given Rome:
fdspy.png

Excellent screenshot the Haiti one! One of the best I've seen

Shouldn't these rebel factions be opposing each other?
EU3_23-2.jpg

I had a game where Baptist heretics and Catholic zealots joined forces to siege one of my cities. :D

The Patrician said:
EU3_23-2.jpg

I had a game where Baptist heretics and Catholic zealots joined forces to siege one of my cities. :D

:rofl: Behold the power of realpolitik

The Patrician said:
EU3_23-2.jpg

The reformed leader looks Arabic... must be a conspiracy! ;)

The Patrician said:
EU3_23-2.jpg

Hey! You stole my Strange Screenshot! :mad:. I'm assuming you just quoted it wrong ;).

Garak said:
EU3_86.jpg

Well, the Pope has left North Africa and now he's going to see about that Counter-Reformation- oh crap, he excomunicated himself. I'm not sure if this is some sort of penance for losing Rome, or just a really nasty case of multiple personality disorder.

That must be one of the best screenshots EVER! Also the thing you wrote about it... Hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brons said:
The creation of papacy's: if a country defects from Rome it becomes a Papacy. Papacy is just another form of government that is reserved for the Papal States.

There is also a known bug that causes this at least in earlier versions and might still be in IN. The form Papacy event fires with two different countries simultaneously and when you can't even decline the offer you will be changed to papacy, but the funny thing is when this happens the one who first agreed to become papacy changes to Papal State, but when the other country accepts the event it changes to Papacy and the former Papacy changes tags with the other nation, so that the first nation changes to the nation the second was and the second nation becomes the Papal State. As this happens it also leaves the other nation to be Papacy.

I didn't know the AI actually was developed enough to do this. I've never had this happen to me until now.
1787840.jpg

1787860.png

Last edited:
In 1.3 it was better - if there is Papacy it still exist but have no lands! and i think it is much more logical, and in history it was the same... while italy formed pope said he is prisoner of vatican etc.

SO if it is in IN it should be fixed!!! (cause it would made no chances for such illogical things like, excommunicated italy...)

There could be anyway, vatican province, that cannot be annexed, would it be fine? ;)