• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Jedibob: Careful you don't tick Genoa off. :p. Jerks could embargo you and you'd be out two CoT's. >.>. Of course, if they did, you could also go ahead and annex the pretentious bugger.

I hereby present the impossible: A very successful AI Tripoli.

At first they got eaten by hungry Byz (me). Then the Tuaregs in sub-saharan Africa re-founded Tripoli, and woved to rebuild their glorious 3-province empire.
Over the decades, their power and influence grew, and they slowly conquered the pagan dynasties of the Sahel. After securing their dominance in Africa, their mighty influence was such in 1750 that they inherited Makassar!

Uber-Tripoli's extent as of 1756:

*pics*

I am proud! :D

Oh that's super dumb.

Yes.

But it stems from a much larger problem. The AI has no ability to manage naval attrition. To solve that problem, Paradox gave the AI infinite naval range, meaning that Norway in 1399 can go invade Khandesh if they are so inclined. This, of course, means that Norway would also be able to colonise Hawaii in 1399 if they both found it and had the AI scripting to do so. The reason you don't see nations like Brittany and France colonising as soon as they can is because they are scripted not to do so.

Well, at least it's not another comet.
eu3109.png

We've only been at peace for one day!
eu3110.png

Does this mean I can invade their land?
eu3111.png

Can you guess who blobs?
eu3113.png

World's Worst Doomstack. (I've seen cavalry conquer a fort faster than that!)
eu3121.png

This is after three wars back to back with first the Timurids, who collapsed and revolted as a tribal government from some indian state and it now has its capital in the province of Indus.... then with Ak Koylunu which took northern persia, then with me(germany) who took the rest except for their capital... at one time persia controlled most of iraq, syria, and a lot of the middle-east. then they collapsed and were ripped apart.

That shouldn't be possible. Is that just a map mod, or does it alter any of the other game play?
well i played that one ine no time limit mod wich i adapted to latest DW myself and i am sure that it is tha same comportement then the original, (well i tested it and as papal state you can offer the force conversion in war to an ortodox from normal start) ... but i am quite sure too that it was not there before latest patch ... well i do not offen click on offer peace, so i migth be wrong about previous patch ...

jihad1.jpg

It seems to me that I've provoked the islamic world to unite and attack me... these wars started one on one both of them... but then expanded until they reached the current size.

one of these wars I started(accidentaly forgot to used a CB and the other one was declared on me..... the first defensive war* I've fought in at least half a century. I hope this isn't a signal that my power is begining to fade already.... I deemed that the war in africa was important enough that I should bring in some of my regional armies from europe to fight. I truely hope that I'm not forced to give up my african possesions... while not my richest, giving up on an area that has been cored for a long time could signal the vultures** to attack

*where I was the primary defender
**refering to the remnants of the french duchies(france collapsed a long time ago), the Byzantine Empire, England, and the Kalmar Union(a denmark that has taken control of all of scandinavia.

well i played that one ine no time limit mod wich i adapted to latest DW myself and i am sure that it is tha same comportement then the original, (well i tested it and as papal state you can offer the force conversion in war to an ortodox from normal start) ... but i am quite sure too that it was not there before latest patch ... well i do not offen click on offer peace, so i migth be wrong about previous patch ...

Mmm. What I meant was the papal state should be barred from converting by any means. Force converting other nations is fine, but specifically they should not be able to be converted.

Mmm. What I meant was the papal state should be barred from converting by any means. Force converting other nations is fine, but specifically they should not be able to be converted.

I would say that it would be easily fixed with a little event that occasionally checks the state religion of the papal state and changes it appropriately (disabled if the papacy is also disabled)

I'm playing with the steppewolf mod, starting from 11 AD and trying to go all the way through to 2010. Every few centuries or so I resign and look at the map to see how everyone's doing. At around 776 AD I see this:

1sdqwk.png

It's like a Native American Ming! D:

That my friends is Sesquehanna, an Administrative Kingdom one thousand years before Americans won independence in our timeline. Apparently it ate up all the other small Native American states and centralized to form one big nation. Honestly I can't wait to see if they survive to see European colonization, and how they handle it.