• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sorry I don't have a screenshot but seeing Austria annexed in 1470 by a german minor alliance (it wasn't an alliance but Austria was fighting all of germany) was absolutly...terrifing :eek: , so that i didn't think to hit the print screen button. It just goes to show that little guys can take on the big guys. As any one seen England, France, Castile, Ottoman Empire, Malamucks, Timuriad Empire, and most of all Ming, taken down, they never go down.

I've seen England (and Scotland) diploannexed by Castille (which later fell apart), and the Ming getting crushed by Mongolia, Japan, Dai Viet, and Vijayangara (which controlled territory all the way to Laike Baikal) in the same game.

stadtholdertc2.png

But Lithuania has a king, not a stadtholder...

eu321zi3.jpg

A rebellion in Portuguese South America causes the Inca Empire to be reborn. Unfortunately the Incas are separated in two, with their two coastal provinces revolting to form Peru. The rest of the Inca Empire is re-annexed by Portugal.

eu333bx0.jpg

Later on, the Peruvians decide that they're bored of being Peruvians, and revolt and form the Inca Empire once again, taking both of Peru's provinces.

Maybe there was internal conflict between Enlightenment era liberals and indigenous Incan nationalists.

Or better still, maybe Peru was just a provisional government.

Last edited:
Now that I have almost conquered everything I want I have set a new goal. I'm doing religious conversions so that my Portuguese realm is fully catholic. Currently most of the conversions are done in the Gold Coast area.

new_culture.jpg

I successfully converted animist Benin to catholic. It seems though that the Benin people thought Yorumban culture was trash and switched to Portuguese culture at the same wave of change. More tax for me!

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was another strange thing there. Ifes religion is catholic. I don't know how that happened. It was like that before I converted Benin. I haven't done any conversions in Ife earlier. Ife has always been Oyo's province (which is my vassal) and Oyo's state religion is animism. Can catholic faith spread? Catholic Whydah has been sitting next to Oyo for a hundred years.

EDIT2: It seems that the culture conversion thing is supposed to happen when you convert pagans.

Last edited:
Joel-san said:
Now that I have almost conquered everything I want I have set a new goal. I'm doing religious conversions so that my Portuguese realm is fully catholic. Currently most of the conversions are done in the Gold Coast area.

[IMAGE]

I successfully converted animist Benin to catholic. It seems though that the Benin people thought Yorumban culture was trash and switched to Portuguese culture at the same wave of change. More tax for me!

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was another strange thing there. Ifes religion is catholic. I don't know how that happened. It was like that before I converted Benin. I haven't done any conversions in Ife earlier. Ife has always been Oyo's province (which is my vassal) and Oyo's state religion is animism. Can catholic faith spread? Catholic Whydah has been sitting next to Oyo for a hundred years.

EDIT2: It seems that the culture conversion thing is supposed to happen when you convert pagans.

Yeah, it's was like that in EU2 as well. Not sure but I think the rational is how Spain managed to make mexican (etc.) natives largely "spanish" in culture (and other examples throughout history). I think it's more about how primitive cultures have a hard time maintaining their identities when in contact with (or ruled by) a very much more advanced culture. The game makes this a function of religion, even though Hindus, Buddhists, etc. are all technically "pagan" as well.

As for Benin already having a Catholic province, I think that is the result of an event that they may have had. In EU2 some pagan countries had events that could make your country slowly turn Christian/Muslim.

As for Westernization, I took a slightly unorthodox route...

eu31he3.png

Lorraine managed to annex Hesse, but lost its other two providences. When I found it, I thought it was a One providence minor I could annex, so I declared war. Then I found they had Hesse, so instead I took that. I'm now waiting for Westernization with Mecklenburg (already have Western Arms Trade). I just feel sorry for Lorraine, getting invaded by a bunch of low tech Africans on your homeland, had to be quite a shame, I can just imagine the conversation between Lorraine's king and his advisors:
Advisor: Sir, we've been attacked.
King: By who?
Advisor: Swahili my lord?
King: Where is that kingdom?
Advisor: In East Africa.
King: How did they get here?
Advisor: They walked milord.
King: They walked?
Advisor: Yes milord, and they offered us peace, we have to give them half our kingdom?
King: We're giving half our kingdom to a bunch of low tech Africans?
Advisor: Yes sir, they've won a total victory over us.
King: Fine, accept.
Advisor: It has been done milord, also, Burgundy just sent a messenger, they've also declared war.
King: $!-!!T!

I like how magdeburg sudently becomes baren and people start living in mudhuts. :D

Kanil: Alot, I think I had military access through pretty much every nation.
the3freakie: Yup, the power of Swahili, fear it. =P
Mecklenburg declared about a month after the Westernization event hit. I released Hesse as a vassal and then canceled it.

vazco said:
I just had a war between Great Britain and England. Interresting.

A colonizing England, turned Great Britain has a big tendency to have England form in North America, who then proceeds to steal all of GBs colonies. Whenever GB forms, I keep an extra eye out for if they get into a war with France or Spain, then kick back and watch North America turn a slightly different shade of red after a few years.

I like it. It just looks pretty dumb when a nation forms with it's capital in Santee, whose citicens consider London a core part of their nation.

Moquel said:
A colonizing England, turned Great Britain has a big tendency to have England form in North America, who then proceeds to steal all of GBs colonies. Whenever GB forms, I keep an extra eye out for if they get into a war with France or Spain, then kick back and watch North America turn a slightly different shade of red after a few years.

I like it. It just looks pretty dumb when a nation forms with it's capital in Santee, whose citicens consider London a core part of their nation.

I dunno. Could be a political splinter faction seizing control in the colonies and vowing to return to the homeland to regain what is rightfully their birthright. :D

In my current Russia game, England does only own the Irish Island, having been driven from the main Isle by Cornwall, Northumberland, Castille, Scotland, France and Wales. But instead of that they own a lot of colonies in North America.

Alright so, I was playing with Milan and I had almost all of Italy (missing Roma and Naples) with techs of 2Land and 3Naval when I saw these techs:
strangeeu3qj7.jpg

Compared to France's:
strangeeu32vx3.jpg

I wouldn't want to pick a fight with Connacht unless I have a big army along with a good general :wacko:

Ichirin said:
Alright so, I was playing with Milan and I had almost all of Italy (missing Roma and Naples) with techs of 2Land and 3Naval when I saw these techs:
(Image)
Compared to France's:
(Image)
I wouldn't want to pick a fight with Connacht unless I have a big army along with a good general :wacko:

That's just the Irish for you. Something to do with a fighting spirit and whatnot, and a surprising ability to develop technology on the fly... don't worry, it's all just a plot for Irish world domination! ;)