• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Banzored! said:
What about the event popups stopping you from building up a resource stockpile???? It's driving me crazy.

Frankly, I love this addition. As a "resource-challenged" nation it avoid the ever too efficient pre-war accumulation of infinite resources. At the same time, as a resource-rich nation it avoids me the chore of manually setting dozens of trade agreements (which need to be renewed yearly). Great job LM+!

OK, it looks like I found another bug... The mighty Italian Intelligence Service (stop laughing, you!) managed to steal from the UK a tech that does not exist: Unopposed Landing Specialization, or something like that. I looked everywhere in the tech panels, but I could not find it.
EDIT: It's actually Opposed Landing Specialization and, strangely enough, it's the name of the first Marines tech.

Also, one question: is this thread the "official" Epsilon feedback board?

Last edited:
BobDinosaur said:
Edit: How do I install the nifty tech pictures?

You can also do it with JSG.. JGSH... JMG..., ah wathever ;), but it would take a long time always installing them and later removing them since the file size, is of course, a lot more than just the standard files.
But, from my experience and all the reports here you probably won't uninstall this mod anyways. :D

I was at first reluctant to try out this mod as it required me to reinstall my game and I'm just lazy like that to back up my stuff, but I did anyways. And I'm quite glad I did. :p This mod is very good. One question though, why in the blue hell are the air defence values set to 999? :eek:

Right, a few suggestions and minor bugs I've noticed.

In Japan's Naval Doctrine screen, it appears they have both convoy defense and hunter-killer doctrines. Is this intentional?

USA:

Suggested name changes for carriers:

Tier 3 (36?): Yorktown-class
Tier 4 (41): Essex-class instead of Yorktown
Tier 5 (43): Use Midway-class, not sure if both U.S. and Independence are both supposed to be fleet carriers, looking for a point of clarification. Might want Commencement Bay vs. Casablanca to better fit timeline.
Tier 6 (48): Use Forrestal-class instead of Enterprise

For the CA line, try fitting in the Oregon City-class (improved Baltimores) between Cleveland (a CL) and Des Moines. That and New Orleans and Northhampton before Baltimore.

Dive bombers for the USAF should likely be the A-24 and A-36, though the A-36 was later than 1940.

Germany:

44 and 48 heavy tanks listed incorrectly, move Tiger II to 44 and try E-75 (?) for 48. 43 and 45 elites are listed as SP rocket artillery, is this correct?

Ju-87-D is a better fit for 1940 (assuming designed in 1940) than the -G, seeing as the -G was a highly specialized -D for ground attack.

Ta-183 should be added as either a 47 interceptor or fighter and the He-162 moved to 44. A 262-HBIII (streamlined and improved 262) would be a contender for 47 fighter then. Though I'm sure this has been argued about on the forums for some time, perhaps the int/fighter breakdown should go as follows:

37 INT 109-D
38 FTR 109-E, which had a later JABO variant
40 INT 109 F?
41 FTR 190A Used as a bomb truck more than the 109s
43 INT 109 G?
44 FTR Just leave it at 190D and assume some Ta-152s join in.
44 INT He-162
45 FTR 262
47 INT Ta-183? Supposedly intended to carry the X-4 ATA rocket, though I imagine it could also fit small bombs on the pylons.
47 FTR HB-III version of the 262? Engines moved into wingroots, more wing sweep.

Additionally I believe at least one variant of the Do-335 was intended for ground attack. I'd think about what to do with it, but it is getting late. I'll edit more after I sleep.

Last edited:
1st of all LT,
After a enjoyable test drive of your mod,I decided to take a look inside at your work,tech trees,events,ect....

OMG...This is some of the best event based game scripting I may have ever scene.way to tackle some old problems with some great out of the box thinking.Great JOB... :D :D

I am a pretty good modders myself,but some of your triggers and event chains were so complex,I had to double check if what you were doing was even possible,once again great jobs, I really love the mobilization,modifiers-army,resources_and_stockpiles event chain.. :D

One other question, for my SAG's, do I use the CVL's or the CVE's for them?

LM+,

Thanks for making this mod available. I've only played for six months as Germany, but I already like what I've seen. I think you've done a superb job in blending in various mods (along with your own ideas) into a mod that (on first impression) will be a joy to play.

The tech tree is amazing; still absorbing what it all entails. I did notice that if you research "early marine" you incure "Landunits: supply consumption 0.1" Is this intended, and if so what is the thinking behind increasing the cost of supplies for all units just to open the marine branch?

Also for the tech "Great War Mountain Unit" it contains "supply consumption 5.e -002".
What effects does this have on game play ... or is it just a bug in the text.

A side note on Ethopia ... in my game the Italians annexed it on March 10, 1936.

Still getting a handle on the new espionage rules ... will comment later as I get deeper in the game. One thing I've noticed in my game, the AI seems to be more aggressive in their espionage actions. In my first six months, the Soviet spys have successfully disrupted a British production run and sabotaged one of their tech teams. Italian spies have disrupted one the US's production run; while US spies and Japanese spies have traded successful disruption of each other tech teams.

I don't know if the ease of sending spies into a country has increased this activity; or I'm just experiencing an aberation in my game. (I've never seen this high of an activity in AI spy actions in either my vanilla games or with other mods ... especially with each AI action being successful)

Again, thanks for your efforts!!

Last edited:
Ok, I think this is a serious problem: spring '40. Italy join the Axis. With "nofog" I see that it has 15-20 divisions along the Egyptian border, no English divs to be seen for thousands of miles, the entire Middle east is empty. Italians boldly advance along the line, they wnter Alexandria and...they stop. For months, they do nothing but pile up divisions in Alexandria, giving England time to mount up a credible force in the area. For six months they had a crushing superiority and still they refused to move. Beside that, piling up divs in the desert leave them with no forces in the other sectors. As a result, Greece is occupied by Romania and Yugoslavia by Hungary.

Saulot333 said:
Ok, I think this is a serious problem: spring '40. Italy join the Axis. With "nofog" I see that it has 15-20 divisions along the Egyptian border, no English divs to be seen for thousands of miles, the entire Middle east is empty. Italians boldly advance along the line, they wnter Alexandria and...they stop. For months, they do nothing but pile up divisions in Alexandria, giving England time to mount up a credible force in the area. For six months they had a crushing superiority and still they refused to move. Beside that, piling up divs in the desert leave them with no forces in the other sectors. As a result, Greece is occupied by Romania and Yugoslavia by Hungary.

Actually...as stupid as it is, that's what the Italians did in real life. :rofl:

Well....not really. The Italians started the war in Africa in retreat, followed up closely by strong British forces, till the arrival of the Afrika Korps. Only then they start advancing, only to be blocked again by stiff British resistance at El Alamein. Then the British proceeded to pile up divisions in Alexandria for months, ever delaying the inevitable counterattack, even if the Axis forces had really no chance at the time.
The mod situation is completely different: no british forces (in the ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST, I repeat) and no reasons for the halt at Alexandria.

Another observation: given the possibility of a war between Brazil and Argentina, the event "Brazil joins the Allies" should be modified, checking if Brazil is still free and not an Argentinian puppet (a likely result from the war).

Still playing as Germany, and I'm wondering what model of engineer i'm going to build, so i look on the inf tech tree, but notice only engineer '18 model. go into the infantry_tech.txt file, and didn't find any command that allow the other engineer model you have in the brigade.txt file. is it intentional ?

Also, a big applause (can we say that in English ?) for the way you've setup the stockpile limitation through event, even if i consider it should be tougher than it is, still too many stockpile for me, in my opinion a country should not be able to store more than 6 months of ressource usage. i know you've decided to go for one year. but again, the way you've setup this is bright.

Ok, I have witnessed the power of the Nazi army...operation Barbarossa was a complete success, in November '41 Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad are occupied, the Baku oil fields will be occupied in a week. Soviet Union fought well, they organized multiple defence lines in the right places, they deployed a lot of troops in Moscow form the East, they even had a limited success in a counter offensive in the south but....they lost, with huge losses. It was inevitable: 80% of their ground forces were reserves. They got a good mobile arm, with 18 light armored divisions but still....reservists cannot holdagainst panzers. Even concentrating troops, even digging behind rivers is no use. Beside, even if they could force a battle of attriotion they would lose, Soviet GDE being what it is in 1941. I think the problem is this: you cannot give them both malus: you could make them use almost only reservists, simulating the poor organization of the Red Army at the time (a brilliant idea) OR you could give them the GDE penalty. Having both is overkill.

Saulot333 said:
I think the problem is this: you cannot give them both malus: (...) Having both is overkill.

And this, I think, sums up the biggest problem of this mod: dual penalties. I've seen the same kind of problem with Intel and I expect there are other, similar issues (such as nerfing attack aircrafts and upping Air Defense at the same time).

It's just a question of tweaking numbers to more reasonable values, really.

Enzo said:
Still playing as Germany, and I'm wondering what model of engineer i'm going to build, so i look on the inf tech tree, but notice only engineer '18 model. go into the infantry_tech.txt file, and didn't find any command that allow the other engineer model you have in the brigade.txt file. is it intentional ?

The next model of engineer is activated with the '39 Infantry tech and the final one with the '43 Infantry tech. It is working fine with my download, maybe something went wrong with yours?

I concur with what UncleAlias said that some of the aspects of the mod might need to be tweaked. I've already reduced the cost of Counter-Espionage to 100. With LM's changes I still fail to take out spies the majority of the time (and when I am successful, its usually 1-2 spies), but at least it doesn't break the bank when I try. Even with this reduced cost, I still have over 40 spies within Germany in early '39 (in vanilla, I have eliminated all spies by mid '36) and Britian has successfully disrupted my production several times.

I also used "nofog" and noticed what Saulot333 mentioned; the English has no units defending the Egyptian/Libyan border. I don't know if that is WAD; if not the English AI might need to be adjusted.

I saw the no units defending the English Border. I have a comment though, you shouldn't be able to wipe out all the spies by Mid-36, both Sides in WW2 had their spies. Eventully you could easily eliminate all the new spies as soon as the enter your country with 10 spies, and the counter Espionage button. The SU was nerfed in "The Cobra's are Smoking" and I truly am glad to see it nerfed. Of course, thats because I like a challenge.

Yep they did do basically that in real life, except worse. The British had 36,000 Troops to the Italians 100,000. The Italians march maybe 50 Miles into egypt, and then decide to build a line of camps. British General O'Connor launches a "raid" with the Seventh Armored. He exploits a slight gap in the Camps and gets his tanks behind retreating/confused Italians. 80,000 Prisoners. Later O'Connor sends a force to Benghazi to cut the Italian retreat, 20,000 Prisoners. People who see this game may think, the Italians must have been pretty darn good in WW2, but the truth was, unless under a solid commander, they just stinked.

Just wanting to point out that, yes, Graziani stopped the advance for logistical problems but for two months, not two years and half, like I saw in the mod. And the arrival of the Afrika Korps made the front really fluid for a while.

An update on the Barbarossa situation...in July 1942 Baku is still free, it looks like the Germans are more worried with taking the Urals and subduing a wayward Finland...it's good to see the Soviets still around, even if they still don't stand a chance.
USA lost a good deal of transports against the Japs, probably because they sent them undefended, like in vanilla AI. I don't think there is a solution for this, too bad. I see a good deal of island hopping though.