• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Righto, I have some bad news to report.

The minor update to Epsilon just posted (see post #1) will in all probability be the last release of Epsilon as an independent venture. There are several reasons for this:

1. Firstly, and most importantly, my future hobby time looks to be as restricted as it has been the past few months. Even in an ideal case, development of Epsilon would necessarily be slow.

2. My attempts to fully remove all crash-bugs from the game have failed. I've been spending more time than I care to calculate trying to get a certain Japanese 1942 savefile sent two months ago to work reliably, only to finally discover that at least some of the crashes and freezes are not due to new Epsilon stuff, but instead are generated by existing Paradox scripts that - for reasons I do not begin to understand - break down under Epsilon conditions. For example - and this is only one of several examples - a reliable source of crashes proved to be event #11071 (in ai_ministers.txt). It's a Paradox event that works just fine in the base game. Nothing about the minister or anything related to the minister got changed in Epsilon. The event is written to fire in 1939, but is causing crashes in 1942. Adding a line to test for the existance of the minister had no effect whatsoever.

3. Every modder faces similar troubles. The question then becomes "Is it worth the hassle to carry on?" At this point, I weigh level of community interest in helping to make sure this mod achieves its potential. I am grateful to everyone who offered words of encouragement and suggested improvements, and even more grateful to those who contributed events and corrections to unit names. But I do not see any prospect of help with things I cannot do alone, things that must be done for Epsilon to be truly worthwhile. They include graphics, research, and endless hours of determined bug-hunting.

Given the situation as it stand, going with Plan B as originally declared - helping out with other ventures after presenting Epsilon as proof-of-concept - looks to be the better bet.

D'oh!

Well, that's really too bad. I was very impressed with the work you had done, but completely understand your reasons. Good luck with Plan B!

LM+,

Thank you for this effort. Many of the ideas you brought to Epsilon are good ones that hopefully will be added to other mods. And let me take another opportunity to commend and thank you for your excellent AAR, "cobras". "Cobras" was a wonderful story, but more important to me it was a fantastic gameplay guide with great lessons on how to play this game at a high level. Good luck to all your future efforts. (And consider a new AAR!)

It is easily to be solved - I had too the problem of 19th april. There is an event which is somewhat wrong. Check latin america.txt in /events/. Search there for such line:
Code:
date = { day = 18 month = april
It is The Second Gran-Chaco War event. Mark it off with # or something. Personally i put # on the whole trigger section.

It should help.

Last edited:
Shar said:
It is easily to be solved - I had too the problem of 19th april. There is an event which is somewhat wrong. Check latin america.txt in /events/. Search there for such line:
Code:
date = { day = 18 month = april
It is The Second Gran-Chaco War event. Mark it off with # or something. Personally i put # on the whole trigger section.

It should help.

What event ID number is it?

First of all congratulation on a great mod, after playing vanilla it's a great change.

Second i've had a bit of a problem with it. After a certain amount of time time in game just ceases to pass, the first time it happened i was playing an aggressive France which marched into Germany after they reoccupied the Rhineland and intervened directly in the Spanish Civil War. When the game reached 00:00 on the 19th of April 1937 time just stopped, i tried saving just before it happened and reloading and that didn't help. I also tried reloading as a different country in a vain hope that maybe that would help, it didn't.

So i started a new campaign on the assumption that the game just didn't like something as ungodly as Frenchmen winning wars :rofl: . I played my new game pretty much historically as the UK not doing much apart from building IC, building planes and moving some of my far flung units back to blighty. After a while time also ceased to pass, i can't be sure but around the same time and date in 1937.

This is my second install of the mod, he first one worked fine and i got all the way to 1945 before i had to format my computer for certain things. I backed up my save game and tried that recently as well, it works for a little while and then time ceases to pass again, not sure which date but on midnight of that day.

Maybe i'm being optimistic but could i get some help please?

Macs899 said:
First of all congratulation on a great mod, after playing vanilla it's a great change.

Second i've had a bit of a problem with it. After a certain amount of time time in game just ceases to pass, the first time it happened i was playing an aggressive France which marched into Germany after they reoccupied the Rhineland and intervened directly in the Spanish Civil War. When the game reached 00:00 on the 19th of April 1937 time just stopped, i tried saving just before it happened and reloading and that didn't help. I also tried reloading as a different country in a vain hope that maybe that would help, it didn't.

So i started a new campaign on the assumption that the game just didn't like something as ungodly as Frenchmen winning wars :rofl: . I played my new game pretty much historically as the UK not doing much apart from building IC, building planes and moving some of my far flung units back to blighty. After a while time also ceased to pass, i can't be sure but around the same time and date in 1937.

This is my second install of the mod, he first one worked fine and i got all the way to 1945 before i had to format my computer for certain things. I backed up my save game and tried that recently as well, it works for a little while and then time ceases to pass again, not sure which date but on midnight of that day.

Maybe i'm being optimistic but could i get some help please?

this is the problem that we were just posting about before you posted,i beleive...