• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BobDinosaur said:
Answered upthread I believe, but due to a bug in HOI2 changes in unit stats via events (and possibly tech) does not take place unless an annexation takes place. So you have a useless annexation event to trigger things properly.

But it happens over once a month, and to the Holy See. Also, note the difference from the Holy See to the Vatican City. Also, its not like they even have any units so...

I've ran into various crashes as Germany as I invade Russia. A couple of 'cannot find proper AI file' crashes, a couple of debug.txt collapses and the ever fun total random lockup. But those aside I've had a blast taking down the Bear. The winter events and German Army Overstrained series are very good and reasonable about stimulating the problems Germany historically faced. I've taken Leningrad and Moscow despite these hinderances thanks to the normal run of pocket'em and smash'em blitzing. I don't think the Bear has a chance to make a comeback now, so it's question time.

Does the vast majority of the Soviet's land forces always consist of reserves? I admit to doing an early Barbarossa, for what that's worth. Feels very human wave, I suppose.

One thing I note is that I noticed several events working against Germany, but few helping the Soviets. That area felt a little lacking. I don't really want to see 100 free IC or a few dozen infantry units plopped down, but I felt something was lacking there. I think this has been commented on with the Soviets usually losing.

Has the Soviet Bitter Peace chain been altered at all, or will it be?

As a final thought, do the Germany Army Overextended Modifiers ever cancel? If so, how?

Anyway, awesome mod and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

GeneralHannibal said:
They sound very cool, I hope they make it into the mod. Also, as a bug, I've noticed that I keep on getting the message:

The Vatican City has declared independence from the Holy See
The Holy See has annexed the Vatican City

Do you know why this would happen? (It happens about once a month)

you need to have an annexation of a country before the armies of the world will upgrade there stat when give to them by event,it is an odd bug that this strange fix works for,so next time the message pops up just right click it and only have annexation shown in the game log,it is muchless annoying that way, ;)

hi,
I'm currently working on the following files, not sure LM+ how you want to proceed to look at my work and eventually integrate it in your mod.

config\buttons.txt

db\building_costs.txt
db\difficulty.csv
db\misc.txt
db\spy_cost.txt

db\events\hoi2.txt
db\events\germany.txt
db\events\ussr.txt
db\events\resources_and_stockpiles.txt
db\province.csv

scenarios\E1936.eug
scenarios\E36\usa_36.inc
scenarios\E36\soviet_36.inc
scenarios\E36\uk_36.inc
scenarios\E36\france_36.inc

and db\events\__epsilon numbering.txt
it may be usefull to give id range for events for each of us who want to create event. I've use the following numbering so far :

200001 - 201000 - "germany.txt"
201001 - 202000 - "ussr.txt"
202001 - 203000 - "usa.txt"
203001 - 204000 - "uk.txt"
204001 - 205000 - "italy.txt"
205001 - 206000 - "japan.txt"
206001 - 207000 - "france.txt"
207001 - 208000 - "france-vichy.txt"

cheers

Ranger mike said:
you need to have an annexation of a country before the armies of the world will upgrade there stat when give to them by event,it is an odd bug that this strange fix works for,so next time the message pops up just right click it and only have annexation shown in the game log,it is muchless annoying that way, ;)

But you see, I want to know when it happens to real countries. The Holy See doesn't even have any visible provs, and they annex a differently named country, The Vatican City.

Enzo said:
hi,
I'm currently working on the following files, not sure LM+ how you want to proceed to look at my work and eventually integrate it in your mod.

config\buttons.txt

db\building_costs.txt
db\difficulty.csv
db\misc.txt
db\spy_cost.txt

db\events\hoi2.txt
db\events\germany.txt
db\events\ussr.txt
db\events\resources_and_stockpiles.txt
db\province.csv

scenarios\E1936.eug
scenarios\E36\usa_36.inc
scenarios\E36\soviet_36.inc
scenarios\E36\uk_36.inc
scenarios\E36\france_36.inc

it may be usefull to give id range for events for each of us who want to create event. I've use the following numbering so far :

cheers

What Events have you made? Looks like good work.

GeneralHannibal said:
But you see, I want to know when it happens to real countries. The Holy See doesn't even have any visible provs, and they annex a differently named country, The Vatican City.

Same thing happens but it can be a long time in between countries being annexed,the holy see and the Vatican City are made up from unused junk prov id numbers.this way you will not have to wait for germany or japon to annex a nation. :)

Enzo said:

(snip)

This all looks very promising. I look forward to looking at anything you desire to make and hopefully getting stuff of yours into the next release.

This reply also applies to anyone else who wants to contribute.

As for organization: I am deliberately using a fairly loose - although well-documented - organization plan, so all of your suggested event IDs will work just fine. Just be sure to update "__epsilon numbering.txt". I will worry about a more formal system later.

Along the same lines: If you do anything unusual or non-standard in your events or other work, I always appreciate commentary. Knowing your thoughts as you craft your material helps me in my roles of maintaining overall game balance and weighing historical arguments to maximize fun value.

Copyrights and legal stuff for Epsilon contributors:

1. All work you create is copyrighted under whatever name you please to give me (the default will be your Paradox forums handle). Credit will be given in a master credits file with description of the material in its current form.

2. From the Epsilon usage rules: "all material created for Epsilon [including your contributions] is available for use, however revised, in any Paradox game-related project, without need for further permission or even notice, with the sole requirement of giving full and fair credit."

3. If you use material from any other mod, you must a) determine what rules they have on useage, and b) follow them exactly. Regardless of their rules, a minimum requirement is that you tell me where it comes from so I can update the master credits file.

Ranger mike said:
Same thing happens but it can be a long time in between countries being annexed,the holy see and the Vatican City are made up from unused junk prov id numbers.this way you will not have to wait for germany or japon to annex a nation. :)

Buts its very frustrating to have it happen once or twice a month :(.

I've experienced a weird bug. I get crashes when the US occupies Iceland and Greenland. If I save right after Germany annexes Denmark and load up that save it works fine but if I play through it crashes. It does it no matter which country I play.

Awesome mod, btw. I look forward to the next version.

GeneralHannibal said:
Buts its very frustrating to have it happen once or twice a month :(.

It's the only fake one, so the rest are 100% real.

My dream at the moment is to somehow combine the tech systems of Epsilon and everything else from Legacy of the Weltkreig. Not much point in doing too much until they get BetaII out the door though. :(

danielshannon said:
I've experienced a weird bug. I get crashes when the US occupies Iceland and Greenland. If I save right after Germany annexes Denmark and load up that save it works fine but if I play through it crashes. It does it no matter which country I play.

Awesome mod, btw. I look forward to the next version.

I've ran into the same thing. Every time I load up, without fail, I crash at 17:00 on July 24th. No useful output in save debug and replacing it does nothing - just hard, inexorable crashes no matter who I load up as and what I do.

Any idea on what's wrong/how to fix it, or is this game a goner?

Anastasia said:
I've ran into the same thing. Every time I load up, without fail, I crash at 17:00 on July 24th. No useful output in save debug and replacing it does nothing - just hard, inexorable crashes no matter who I load up as and what I do.

Any idea on what's wrong/how to fix it, or is this game a goner?
Here's what I'm going to do when I get a chance to debug the savefiles I've received:

1) Remove all the events from that particular game by opening up the savefile, finding the "sleepevent = " line, and then removing everything of the form "event = xxx" (the line just after). If (as in this case) I suspect a specific event file, I will try removing just it, but normally I can't be quite sure of my suspects.

2a) If the game still crashes, edit tech (tech commands also sometimes cause crashes in my experience).

2b) If the game now doesn't crash, add event files back into the savefile until I get crashes again. Repeat the same process until I narrow down to individual events and event commands. This method is called "location by division".

This will take a fair amount of time but it is almost certain to work. I very much doubt that the problem is anywhere other than events or tech.

Lafayette53 said:
What Events have you made? Looks like good work.
Well, the events are around the economic aspect of the game, to "force" player to play historically.
for instance, i've modified the MR Pact to add some trade between USRR and Germany in favor of Germany, this to avoid Germany to make an early attack in 40 on USRR, because they will need this trade to stockpile ressource. (this has to be play in hard mode) otherwise stockpile is too easy. Historically, the MR Pact which was a diplomatic pact was also backuped up by some trade agreement.
also, add some event on Narvik to invite Germany to invade Norway in order to keep Narvik and thus maintain the flow of Sweden Iron, this one is voluntarly exagerated in effect to ensure Germany goes for Norway, also added some rare in Norway to reflect the "heavy water" plant.

also some event to avoid USA to go too soon toward an interventionist policy, thanks to Starfire :) on this one.

I guess this may be of interest in MP session, to obtain an historical behavior and avoid house rules.

BobDinosaur said:
It's the only fake one, so the rest are 100% real.

My dream at the moment is to somehow combine the tech systems of Epsilon and everything else from Legacy of the Weltkreig. Not much point in doing too much until they get BetaII out the door though. :(

You don't get it, none of the other countries do this. And also, how many times do I have to say, the Holy See annexes a differently named country, not itself. Also, the Holy See doesn't even have any units, so what is this. Its just very frustrating to have nobody answer my question :eek:o.

GeneralHannibal said:
You don't get it, none of the other countries do this. And also, how many times do I have to say, the Holy See annexes a differently named country, not itself. Also, the Holy See doesn't even have any units, so what is this. Its just very frustrating to have nobody answer my question :eek:o.

The Holy See - Vatican city thing was set up specifically for this reason.
Every time a country gets annexed, unit stats get updated - the 'mot. +2 soft attack kind'. Since this is the only time those stats get updated, waiting around for a country to get annexed in normal gameplay takes too long and gets frustrating, so LM+ added these two gost countries and the release-annex routine to update the unit stats. This has no effect on gameplay itself, it is only there to circumvent the engine bug I have just described.
Oh, and in case you didn't get it yet - the annexing itself is event-driven.

Jebus said:
The Holy See - Vatican city thing was set up specifically for this reason.
Every time a country gets annexed, unit stats get updated - the 'mot. +2 soft attack kind'. Since this is the only time those stats get updated, waiting around for a country to get annexed in normal gameplay takes too long and gets frustrating, so LM+ added these two gost countries and the release-annex routine to update the unit stats. This has no effect on gameplay itself, it is only there to circumvent the engine bug I have just described.
Oh, and in case you didn't get it yet - the annexing itself is event-driven.

Oh, I thought people were saying that counties needed to annex themselves to do something. Thank you for properly explaining this to a clueless forumite :eek:o.