• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ubersandwich

Sergeant
64 Badges
Jun 29, 2001
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
Protestant Bohemia: 1419.

Here's the skinny:
-V1.30 (ran v1.20 to v1.30)
-Started a new game.
-I had changed some events, but 'unchanged' them before applying the patch (I pasted the back-ups back into their appropiate folders).

I was playing as Muskowy and I got the pop-up message explaining that Bohemia had gone Protestant in September of 1419.

Perhaps I should uninstall and apply 1.00 to 1.30?

Aain, thank you for your time.

I love this game, really I do, as a matter of fact I noticed that I have been posting too much in the bug forum and am trying to be more active in the other communities... :D

Upvote 0
It's valid:

Originally posted by Demetrios
May I point out this from the list of changes:

- Hussite events for Bohemia adjusted so that Bohemia can convert to protestantism a century early...

So please don't flood the forum wondering if a Protestant Bohemia in 1419 is a bug...

I noticed this as well. IIRC the Lutheran Revolt was did not happen until 1517, and no countries actually changed thier religion until the 1540's. Even the Principalites of the Holy Roman Empire who converted to Lutheranism were not officially recognized as Protestant until the Peace of Augsburg in 1555. So how can the Bohemians change thier religion?

Originally posted by Vinraith
Someone should really sticky one of these, I've already seen this asked like 5 times and it's bound to happen again....

Vin

it should be in the bug list...

The Bib'ster was supposed to highlight this change in the release notes.

The premise of using Protestant Bohemia in 1419 is that the religion change creates the dynamics of the Hussite revolt extremely well.

Thanks for stickying it here guys. is there anyway of stickying it in the general forum? It does get rather tedious answering the same question there (six times thus far)

I asked UD to take care of it (or if BiB is lurking...)

By the way, Demetrios has asked Paradox if they can create a new Hussite religion to remove the potential confusion. If this were to be done (not likely), then that would allow some other bugs to be fixed (revolters starting with wrong religion, for example). Right now, using Protestant religion for the Hussites is actually exploiting a bug in the game. :D

Wouldn't it be more accurate to make the provinces protistant instead of the naition? At that time period, no ruler in Europe who was Catholic would dare openly defy the Papacy to the extent of declaring a new religion for their state. Martin Luther was the first to openly defy the church with the help of some german nobles.

There were reforms and attempted changes before this, but they all worked within the confines of RC.

Originally posted by Jinnai
Wouldn't it be more accurate to make the provinces protistant instead of the naition? At that time period, no ruler in Europe who was Catholic would dare openly defy the Papacy to the extent of declaring a new religion for their state. Martin Luther was the first to openly defy the church with the help of some german nobles.

There were reforms and attempted changes before this, but they all worked within the confines of RC.

There's discussion of this issue over in the stickied thread on this subject over at the general forum.

I was wondering that myself. When this event does occur, ONLY Bohemia goes Prot. The remaining regions they control remain Catholic. Which is very interesting as once they get into a war, you eventually see rebels showing up more and more. Eventually Bohemia gets chopped down to size.

Originally posted by Baston
Ha!

I have literally just bought my copy and was going to post this right here right now. Man i love these forums :D thanks guys.

I have probably said that to myself a few times in the last month or so, and a few times, "Doh! Dagnabbit, that was posted already and I just didn't search for it properly!".

From an inveterate skulker in these regions, take it from me that you have to look at ALL the pages resulting from a search, and it is worth it to try a few different phrasings of the subject.

That said, I feel I can now say "Ditto, Dude!" The forums and the interaction allowed by Paradox are what made EU I notable, EU II a success, and lays the foundation for the rapid expansion of Paradox products' likely notoriety in the psyche of the gaming population.

huh?I understand there was not religion called "protestantism" in 1419. How can a nation convert to religion which does not exist?

Originally posted by KwangTiger
Because the game designers didn't want to make a special religion just for the Hussites. :)

Who the hell are those Husseins..erm, Hussites:D