• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ubersandwich

Sergeant
64 Badges
Jun 29, 2001
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
Protestant Bohemia: 1419.

Here's the skinny:
-V1.30 (ran v1.20 to v1.30)
-Started a new game.
-I had changed some events, but 'unchanged' them before applying the patch (I pasted the back-ups back into their appropiate folders).

I was playing as Muskowy and I got the pop-up message explaining that Bohemia had gone Protestant in September of 1419.

Perhaps I should uninstall and apply 1.00 to 1.30?

Aain, thank you for your time.

I love this game, really I do, as a matter of fact I noticed that I have been posting too much in the bug forum and am trying to be more active in the other communities... :D

Upvote 0
The Hussites were the followers of John Hus who was tried before the Council of Constance and burnt at the stake for preaching against the Roman Church. John Hus was a follower of John Wycliffe, an Englishman, who started the Lollard movement, another proto-protestant religion. The Hussites were essentially Protestant, long before such a term existed.

... not to be confused with the Dullard movement, who survived the middle ages and became the British royal family today.

AndrewT said:
... not to be confused with the Dullard movement, who survived the middle ages and became the British royal family today.

Dull?LOL!:rofl:

Why don`t the Bohemian provinces change religion due to this event?

they can't untill the reformation ahs happened - its hard coded

kurtbrian said:

Hmm... why not give Bohemia an event that increases the BTV for its provinces from 1419 to 1520 (if they chose to become Protestant)to compensate for this?

Because they arent making new events. They have to get someone to translate it into all distributed languages and create new reference data. They have said they arent going to do that.

They do change event effects in patches, but not the text or create new events. That is one reason why I am doing my event overhaul, it is one aspect of the game that doesnt get updated/patched to the degree of other aspects of the game.

ryoken69 said:
Because they arent making new events. They have to get someone to translate it into all distributed languages and create new reference data. They have said they arent going to do that.

They do change event effects in patches, but not the text or create new events. That is one reason why I am doing my event overhaul, it is one aspect of the game that doesnt get updated/patched to the degree of other aspects of the game.

Ok, but maybe they could add the BTV increase in the same event that makes their religion Protestant?

ryoken69 said:

They do change event effects in patches, but not the text or create new events.

This is untrue. AndrewT had told us that there wouldn't be any new events because of new text, I have to assume that he told us this because that is what he was told. However a simple comparison of text.csv from 1.08 and 1.07 shows that there have been many changes in the text, along with new events. If (hypothetical) future patches are only released in English, translation isn't an issue.

Increasing tax values for protestant Bohemia would have to be very complicated if it isn't going to end up messing up a whole bunch of factors in the game. I'd leave well enough alone.

Romanist Hussitte

Strange thing happened yesterday to me. Hussitte changed to Reformist (not to Protestant) in 1420 or 1421. Than they we were easily beaten by Romanist and Hungary. :eek:
I play ACG-EEP 1.36. Did it happen to somebody else?

This would be an AGCEEP-thingy. In vanilla-EU2 they become Protestant.

In case anyone is interested: Hussites do still exist, they live on in the Unitas Fratrum, also known as the Moravian Church, of which I am a member.

kurtbrian said:

Should have read this before yesterday. I spent a frustrating evening trying to Hussite Europe. But even when conversions where successfull, the region remained Catholic. Grrrrrr!