+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New unit sprites - minor axis stuff (Hun, Bul, Rom)

New unit sprites - minor axis stuff (Hun, Bul, Rom)

These are mainly to give those nations own sprites which normally use German sprites, something I didn't like.

Please note: To make these work you need to edit the file "country.csv", see for details below under "Installation".

I decided against providing my own country.csv, since people may have modded their own file already (so did I) and using my file would overwrite these changes. The edit is very simple though

So what's in? Look at the Previews:

Hun: Me-109 fighter, Ju-86 bomber, Ju-87 CAS, Turan tank
    Rom: IAR 80 fighter, PZL-37 Los bomber, Skoda R2 tank
    Bul: Avia B.135 fighter, Do 17 E bomber, T-35 tank

The tank for Rom and Bul is actually the same, since both used the Czech model also used by Germany as T-35. The Turan for Hun uses the same chassis, but has some major differences.

The PZL 37 bomber for ROM is Polish built, many planes were flown to Romania after Poland was attacked be Ger, then confiscated and so used by Romania.

Download (updated 04 Dec 2009 new location):
    http://www.filefront.com/15057469/Axis_Minors01.zip

Installation:

1. The files: if you unzip the downloaded file, it should create a folder called "gfx" under Axis_Minors01. Drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the correct destination.

2. Editing the country.csv: Now you have to tell the game to use the new sprites instead the German gfx. The country.csv is under ..\HOI Doomsday\db

Find these lines:

BUL;LightBrown;BUL;GER;X
    HUN;DarkYellow;HUN;GER;X
    ROM;DarkOrange;ROM;GER;X

Change them to:

BUL;LightBrown;BUL;BUL;X
    HUN;DarkYellow;HUN;HUN;X
    ROM;DarkOrange;ROM;ROM;X

Don't change anything else, save, and play with your new gfx
    Last edited by BeBro; 04-12-2009 at 18:05.
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

Darkest HourIron Cross

Just three words: F**king nice job!
    Visit the Cold War mod subforum: (if you like to remember old projects)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=292

Want CPack style icons for DH Full? Then visit the thread below:

Cpack Style icons 2779 icons so far at 15/03/2013 Beta 2.1 Released!

Do you know about any tech team or any airplane, tank, artillery gun, ship or whatever piece of weaponry that you think should be included into the game? then please visit and suggest something in the Models & TT improvement thread. (click over the minimod's name to visit it).

Cold War Tech Tree Expansion extending DH tech tree from the early 60s to mid 90s. Beta 1.1 Released!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

nice one

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Superb!!!!!!!!!!!

On loan to the C.S Navy HMS Enterprize's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Bebro...excellent stuff as usual!

Id love to see you try your hand at some alternate history stuff...the sheer amount of mods out there could use some decoration.

Personally- Id love to see your take on some Confederate States armour and planes...hint hint (not too subtle I hope )
    The first release version of the Settling Accounts mod for HOI2 DD for Iron Cross is now available. See my thread in the Iron Cross modding forum for pics and download link.

The Flying Dutchman Van der Gent's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    500k club

Wonderful! I LOVE IT!
    I used to be the commander of the Swedish Forum in the Fatherland.

Wow! And to think that Bulgaria is my favourite country as well! Double-wow!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron III

Great Work keep it up,I can't wait to see what you come up with next..

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Impressive!
    You should not stop until every single unit of Hearts of Iron has it's own sprite!

Awesome! That'll add to my collection of all your other sprites.

Just wondering, is it just me or does it seem like the load time is getting slower as I add more gfx files?

Thankyou BeBro, that's one hell of an addition!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Awesome! These rock!

Quote Originally Posted by KorPlayer
    Awesome! That'll add to my collection of all your other sprites.

Just wondering, is it just me or does it seem like the load time is getting slower as I add more gfx files?
    Yes seems to me too....that's the price for having a lot more files to deal with. But even on my weak machine playing itself is still ok.
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

Homo ludens Demi Moderator nachinus's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandHoi 2 Beta500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks Bebro!! Those are awesome, as usual!!

And yes, I notice longer reloading times, I guess its normal. But as you say, I dont find any ingame adverse effect in performance.
    "El mundo está cambiando, la música está cambiando, las drogas están cambiando. Incluso los hombres y las mujeres están cambiando. Dentro de mil años ya no habrá tíos ni tías, sólo gilipollas.
    Renton, Trainspotting

Mod EU:Rome - Ancient Warfare 1.05 para VV 2.32
    EU:Rome AAR: Crónicas Cornelias
    EU:Rome Vae Victis AAR: 'Anekdota': la Historia Secreta del Imperio Seléucida
    AARs Battle of Britain 2: Diarios del tiempo de las Águilas / Die Tage der Adler

Quote Originally Posted by BeBro
    Yes seems to me too....that's the price for having a lot more files to deal with. But even on my weak machine playing itself is still ok.
    the trade off between your work,and a slower load time So well worht it,I would rather upgrade my PC,than to do with out.....

May be something form Spain next???

having troubles in modifying country.csv file

Hi BeBro, I really appreciate your works, I have all of them installed on my game..Keep up the excellent work!
    Anyway, I experience a problem when I try to modify country.csv file as per your instruction, in order to let BUL, HUN & ROM use their own sprites. When I open the file, modify as per your instructions, then save the file, Office tells me that the modifications make the file not compatible with the CSV format, so I cannot save the changes. The only thing I can do is to save the file in another format. If I force the file to be CSV format, the game crashes. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe it is simply something wrong with MOffice?

Please help,
    Thanks in advance

Nemesys

Son of Gob.
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesys
    Hi BeBro, I really appreciate your works, I have all of them installed on my game..Keep up the excellent work!
    Anyway, I experience a problem when I try to modify country.csv file as per your instruction, in order to let BUL, HUN & ROM use their own sprites. When I open the file, modify as per your instructions, then save the file, Office tells me that the modifications make the file not compatible with the CSV format, so I cannot save the changes. The only thing I can do is to save the file in another format. If I force the file to be CSV format, the game crashes. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe it is simply something wrong with MOffice?

Please help,
    Thanks in advance

Nemesys

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    Never, ever (ever) use Excel to edit any Paradox files. Use Notepad, Wordpad or Word instead.
    really? even the files that are by default opened by Excel?
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast