• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good luck with your AAR. I would suggest that by pressing the F11, despite what you said, you could easily take screen shots. I don't know but screen shots just add a sense of tangibility to an AAR. It will, however, be interesting to see if Pu Yi can regain his empire.

TO ANYBODY WHO HAS NOT SEEN THE FILM THE LAST EMPEROR, GO RENT IT NOW. IT IS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE ABOUT THE LIFE OF PU YI!

Dionysius: Qing revenge indeed.

Edzako: I would never even consider doing an AAR wAARs with the Mas...waaaait. There was this movie where a "young padawan apprentice" mastered a dark mysterious power and turned on his master. Yes! MYTH, I am coming for you master. Muhahahahaha. :D

Gosam: Manchukuo only has 3 cores. I will not be adding any. Why, well you will just have to stick with it.

Raze: For you and Tribolute I will make some feeble attempts from home to do some posts. Please understand this cuts into my limited and might I add, valuable gametime :mad:
But, for a neighbor, I will try to make some exceptions. ;) As to your movie suggestion, I heartily agree. Excellant movie. :cool:

Last edited:
One more thing. If Pu Yi restores China once again, will he limit himself to the Forbidden City with all new unics? :D

Raze said:
One more thing. If Pu Yi restores China once again, will he limit himself to the Forbidden City with all new unics? :D

Absolutely, women cloud the mind. Pu Yi must be focused. ;)

Edzako said:
I just wanted to knew do you have tech team, because when I tried to start research as Manchukuo game crashed (2 times :confused: ) is it bug, or they have not tech team at all ?

They have tech teams, 7 or 8 I think, and there not bad. Certainly better that Nat. Chi. Havent had any problems with crashing though. Try doing something else first, maybe a number of things before you go in to techs.
I have had this happen with other countries that I have played where I kept trying to do the same thing first and the game kept crashing on me. So, I tried some other things first and had no problems. And hope maybe this solves yours. :)

Edzako said:
Oh I wanted to play with warlord about what is not written AAR, but only I can find is Menguko, American color Japanese puppet, so i think that i must start a japan game right now(but i will not write AAR for sure :) )
Doesn't Mengkukuo already exist in the 1941 scenario ? Or still exist in the 1944 scenario ?

Edzako said:
Oh I wanted to play with warlord about what is not written AAR, but only I can find is Menguko, American color Japanese puppet, so i think that i must start a japan game right now(but i will not write AAR for sure :) )

As of right now nobody is doing Yunnan. There was one out there about 2 months ago but it faded away. Want a challenge? Want to join the club? :D
Then go for it. And Menguko, whew, thats a tough row to hoe. :wacko:

Tribolute said:
Yeah and the shanxi AAR is abandoned so you could do that.
And Nationalist China can still count as a warlord :p.
Yes, but despite of lacking good tech teams you can easily (even on hard) make them extremely powerful, 165 IC and Korea as puppet giving valuable blueprints, sad that I have already started my AAR, so I don't begin new one :p

pretty nice writing :)
also, Manchukuo begins with 8 teams, but by 1940 it rises to 11. got a 6, 3 5s, 7 4s and 1 3 (a skill 4 ends in '38). they're pretty good teams overall, suitably so, as they're being more or less sponsored by Japan.

Myth said:
pretty nice writing :)
also, Manchukuo begins with 8 teams, but by 1940 it rises to 11. got a 6, 3 5s, 7 4s and 1 3 (a skill 4 ends in '38). they're pretty good teams overall, suitably so, as they're being more or less sponsored by Japan.

Thanks. Nice to a have a future precusor of my tech abilities. As for the Japanese sponsorship things....well, lets just say...wheels are in motion. ;)

Will be posting udate later this evening, work calls. :(

Chapter 1

Divine Inspiration
(Continued)​

"For every false word or unrighteous deed,
for cruelty and oppression, for lust or vanity,
the price has to be paid at last, not always by
the chief offenders, but paid by some one."​
James A. Froude-English Historian​

Pu Yi looked around the table at his remaining ministers. The semi purge was almost complete. Now let the next card be dealt. With that thought there was a knock on the chamber doors. A young man entered and bowed to Pu Yi.

“Your Majesty, I have an urgent message for Minister Masayuki.”

“Well then by all means, deliver it”, said Pu Yi as he waved the man towards the minister.

Yokoyama Masayuki read the dispatch, a confused look crossing his face.

“Is there a problem Minister?” asked Pu Yi.

Yokoyama looked towards Pu Yi, “It seems I am being ordered back to Tokyo temporarily, some sort of emergency. But it doesn’t say what.”

“It is of no matter. If Tokyo deems to send for you, we are sure it is important”, declared Pu Yi. He looked towards the young man still standing at the foot of the table. “Please have a car brought around for Minister Masayuki. Also, have someone phone Harbin Airfield and have the Ministers plane readied.” He returned his gaze to the Minister, “There is no reason for you to delay. We can go over our requirements of you when you return.”

“Thank you, your Majesty”, said Masayuki as he gathered his belongings to depart.

Pu Yi waited a few moments for the Minister to collect his things and leave. As the chamber doors closed, Pu Yi only hoped the man’s ancestors would forgive him, for he would never return. Three down, one to go. Pu Yi picked up the next folder and looked at the last person on his list.

“Minister Chu-han, it has come to our attention through our own resources that there is a possible rebellion being plotted in one of the border provinces.”

“That is impossible your Majesty. If there was I would have known” Chin declared. The sheer arrogance of this man was almost more than Pu Yi could bear. But Pu Yi practiced forbearance, knowing he would only have to suffer the man awhile longer.

“Minister, although it is without question that your resources are greater than ours, would it not be wiser to consider the possibility than to decree it impossible and be embarrassed in the end. Besides, should the rumors prove to be unfounded then nothing is seriously wasted, and you may uncover something else in the meantime” said Pu Yi.

“Does his Majesty wish to imply that my time is not valuable?” said Chin, staring down his nose with a defiant gaze.

“Not at all Minister, but then neither is our patience” said Pu Yi his voice taking on a menacing edge.

Chin Chu-han looked around at the other ministers then snorted, “And I’m sure his Majesty wishes us to start on this project immediately?”

“Your perception is boundless as usual Minister” the emperor said as he held the folder out in the direction of Chin.

Chin rose and walked to the head of the table, snatching the folder out of Pu Yi’s hand. “Let us see about this so called rebellion” he said as he stalked to the chamber doors.

Last edited:
WinterFox said:
Good update, I'm assuming I'm in the Warlord Club :). I just thought I'd ask to be sure.

Abso-fricken-lutely! Was that emphatic enough for you? :D

Chapter 1​

Divine Inspiration
(Continued)​

“Unless you can find
some sort of loyalty,
you cannot find unity and
peace in your active living.”​
"The Philosophy of Loyalty”-Jean Jacques Rousseau​

The echo from the slamming chamber door was still reverberating around the room as Pu Yi sat down slowly in his chair. Plans were now in motion that could not be undone. The signals had all been sent. The path was set. Pu Yi leaned forward in his chair, propping his elbows on the table, and lowered his head into his hands.

“Your Majesty, are you well?” asked Li Shao-keng.

Pu Yi raised his head and managed a weak smile, “I have never felt better or worse in my life.”

The last three ministers left in the room looked at each other with confusion and concern in their eyes. Their Emperor had certainly not been his usual self today. He had shown strength and resolve today, yet they could also sense some fear. They watched as Pu Yi shrugged of his uncertainty and returned their looks with an intense gaze.

“Gentleman, I must confess to you something, for only you three have shown me true loyalty, that I feel it incumbent upon me to give you some choice in these matters. Events have been set in motion today that will send us down an irreversible path to either greatness or utter destruction. It is my ultimate plan to restore the Qing Empire. For this to happen, in the short term, we must purge ourselves of internal enemies, and confuse our masters in Japan with passive resistance and flowery words. In the long term, we must build up our industrial base to not only feed the Japanese war machine, but also so that we may build our own modern army. In this Li you will be invaluable to my plans. You have performed miracles in the past and I shall ask you to perform miracles again. General Chi Hsing, I am going to ask that you have the militia units brought back to the capital to be disbanded. I want this complete by January 1st.”

“Your Majesty, I have to protest. I must advise against this as they are, except for one cavalry division, the only military we have”, said General Hsing.

Pu Yi held up a placating hand, “General, I understand your concerns, but you must understand this, these militia serve us no practical purpose except to feed our vanity that we actually have an army, and to consume resources that would be better utilized elsewhere.”

“But your Majesty, who will then defend our borders?”, asked the general.

“The Japanese have been content to provide that service up until now. Let them continue to provide it. Besides, what is there to be protected from, jack rabbits and the occasional bandit?” inquired Pu Yi.

“What about the Soviet Union, your Majesty?”

“The Soviet Union poses no threat to us. Besides, I have a plan to secure if not political friendship, then at least a mutual understanding. And that is where you come in Chang. I need you to fly to Tokyo under the pretense of pushing our territorial claims against Japan. I don’t expect anything, just make it look good. Your real mission will be to go to the Soviet embassy and indicate to the ambassador that we would like to set up a meeting with a representative of their government to discuss certain exchanges that would be mutually beneficial. The meeting can be in one of the border provinces of their choosing. And please emphasis that it will be worth their while. Also, I don’t think I have to stress to you the importance of doing this without the Japanese catching on.”

“Your Majesty, I am no spy to skulk through alleys in the dead of night”, said Chang.

“No Chang, I am well aware you are not a spy, but you are my Foreign Minister and I am certain this falls under your job description. Besides, you should not have to skulk, merely use caution” said Pu Yi. “That is enough discussion of plans for now. What I need to know is where you stand. Will you support me in this endeavor? If you cannot support this, I will understand. I trusted you enough to tell you my plans so I feel I can trust you enough to simply retire and live out your lives, but I must know now. Are you with me?”

General Hsing stood up and walked to the head of the table. “Your Majesty, there is a part of me that thinks this a lunacy that will be our ruin. But, there is that part of me that also chaffs at this yoke around my neck. Right now, it seems, the slave in me has more desire to be free, than the old women in me wishes to safe. Besides, someone has to keep you out of to much trouble. I am with you”, said a smiling Hsing.

Pu Yi stood and took the generals hand returning his warm smile. “You may very well have to do that general, for I plan on misbehaving.”

Li Shao-keng came up beside the general and the emperor. “Your Majesty, whether I agree or not, I am your servant always. I will support you.”

Pu Yi looked at Li, “I need no servants Li, but willing partners. Come as that or not at all.”

Li smiled and took his emperors hand, “Aye then, as partners.”

All three turned to look at Chang. They could easily see the fear on the man’s face. Chang looked back at them trying to summon a smile, but it came across as a grimace. “Your Majesty, I do not profess to be a strong man, or a courageous one. I merely try to server my Emperor to the best of my humble abilities. If you say you need me, then I am surely honored and I will do all I can to help, although I cannot profess to know what this will do to my health.”

Pu Yi laughed for the first time that day and walked over and put his hand on Chang’s shoulder. “A little excitement will do you good. Speaking of excitement, I think we have had enough for one day. Let us adjourn this meeting. We will be meeting frequently in the coming months and will have much to discuss, but for now, go to your home, be with your families. I fear you will be seeing little of them in the future.”

With that the three ministers exchanged parting pleasantries with Pu Yi. Once they had left, Pu Yi walked back over to the window to stare at the cold blue skies that stretched across the Manchurian plains.

Last edited:
excellent :D
I could feel some of the tension and uncertainty that must have certainly permeated the room. wonderful writing.

Myth said:
excellent :D
I could feel some of the tension and uncertainty that must have certainly permeated the room. wonderful writing.

Thank you. Now it is I that am certainly honored. :eek:o