• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hoorah ! An interesting operation well fulfilled and the focus seems to be shifting . The huge gears of State seem to be leaving poor Major Li behind . But in that gambit we now see this little state really get serious about its bid for expansion !

canonized said:
Hoorah ! An interesting operation well fulfilled and the focus seems to be shifting . The huge gears of State seem to be leaving poor Major Li behind . But in that gambit we now see this little state really get serious about its bid for expansion !

Do not fret for Major Li. He has some interesting choices in his future.

Welcome All​

Today is a very special day. Today we induct our first Honorary Member into the Warlord Club. Although he has only been with the forum a short time, this individual has made a tremendous impact on our threads. Whether as an outstanding writar of his own AAR, a fan, his interviews with various authors, or his tireless promotion of forum events, this person has jumped in with both feet and become a well respected member of the community. Without further adou I give you:

canonized

I have the honor of being one of the first individuals to welcome canonized to the forum plus the honor of being the first author to be interviewed in his weekly "I've been canonized" segment. Since then, canonized has gone on to interview several other author's, among them fellow Warlord Club member Myth. His next offering will include another Charter member of the Warlord Club, rcduggan. I admit to looking foward to this. Welcome aboard canonized. You are truly worthy of Honorary status.

To grayghost , and all the Warlords out there , I wanted to thank you very much for this great honour ! When I first began my AAR it is true that grayghost was one of the first to give me active support in my writing . With over 60 subscriptions he himself has done a lot for this community simply by his massive readership .

I believe that grayghost's intentions for this group of individuals is of great importance to the community as a whole . What I see from his vision in the threads that are graced by many of the Warlords is that there is a familiarity and kinship that is shared without reservation . The Warlords do indeed support each other in a way that is both constructive and jovial simultaneously . To that , I am grateful for grayghost's vision .

As for the group itself , I do admit that I do not know a lot of you . To that , it is my own disadvantage . Aside from having met grayghost I've been fortunate enough to converse and talk with others such as Myth and rcduggan both of whom have shown me that despite differences in personality , the same Warlord spirit of endeavor and encouragement exist as a common thread among you all .

Being an honourary member also makes me humbled for among the works listed in grayghost's showcase of all the members , many stand out as excellent and outstanding pieces of writing . It is through your hands that this region of the world has been given much due attention in an otherwise European-Centric environment . Therefore , I am deeply grateful to be associated with such fine works and authors !

Indeed , I will not wear this badge of honour without a close understanding of what it stands for . The Warlords maintain a vibrant interchange of readership and authorship by association that would otherwise be lost in the usual bustle and hustle of the forums . Therefore , as much as I have been given honour by this , I will continue to do my best to bring honour back to this fine organization !

Editted for spelling (no more ad lib speeches !)

Last edited:
Thank you Armi,

That was a very nice acceptance speech. I must admit that being the laid back type that I am, I find it hard to put much real seriousness into anything. So the accolades that you lay at the feet of the club or myself almost embarrass me.

One thing that you pointed out though is quite true. And although I have never actually coaleced the thought, your words brought it home to me.

It is through your hards that this region of the world has been given much due attention in an otherwise European-Centric environment .

I think in the end, that was always my intention. It is very easy to get wrapped up in the European part of World War II, or in the far east, the Japanese/American struggle. The Chinese Theatre of Operations does not usually get it's due, and that is sad, because when all is said and done, World War II really started and ended here. Thank you for bringing that point poignantly to the fore.

This post is for all you commentAAR's and lurkAAR's out there who haven't voted in the Readers Choice Awards for Q1 2007. Go vote! There is no excuse not to. There is even a link in my sig to get you there so you dont even have to go look for the thread. There are a lot of Warlords out there with excellant AAR's that need to be recognized.

Le Ran: A Few Reincarnations More. Two time winner of best Comedy AAR. Lets make it a hat trick.

rcduggan: Kathmandu Can Do. Last quarters winner of overall favorite HOI1/2 AAR and Favorite Narrative AAR.

Myth: Lamps Before the Wind. An Excellant writer that needs to be recognized.

Tribolute: Olympians We Stand Forever. A gripping tale of Greek resolve in the HOI2 Doomsday scenario. If you haven't read this, your missing something, and not just the excellant battle maps.

We have our newest Honorary Warlord canonized: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World in the EUIII category.

Although not a Warlord, here is a plug for thrashing mad: History of the White Eagle. An EUIII AAR that tells the tale of Poland in an excellant history book fashion, and some of the best damn graphics and movies around. This should net TM best graphics award.

And last but not least, you have this here AAR, which just might be the best damned AAR out there and should net this author Best New Writer (canonized may disagree :D ), Favorite AAR HOI1/2, and Favorite Narrative AAR HOI1/2.

But seriously, whether you vote for me, one of the other fine writers listed above, or somebody else, go vote. It is the best way to show these folks you appreciate what there doing.

Last edited:
rcduggan said:
I am slowly but surely filling out my ballot... :)

I know you will vote. This is directed to all the folks who read our AAR's but have yet to even get a ballot set up, much less vote. Go smack-em around in your AAR as well. ;)

Okay, I have some horrible, horrible news. Well, I dont know how horrible it will be for you, but for me it was devastating.

This morning, when I got to work, I fired up my PC and did my normal morning routine. Went through my e-mails, answered the ones that needed to be answered, deleted the ones that were BS. Saved the ones that had important info. Then I check in with my supervisors to find out that all is right with the world and we are going to have a smooth day. So, all that being done, I look at my clock and see that I have an hour until my first meeting, that means time to pop on the forum and start reading and commenting. I go to my home page, click on favorites, slap the paradox forums line...and that is when the horror started. Instead of my favorite paradox forum showing up I get this...."This webpage has been filtered for content. Games are unacceptable content"...my company automated computer firewall builder and banner had just creamed my webpage. :eek:

I spent an hour trying to find a back door onto the forum, but in just kept coming back...banned...banned...banned...I started to feel like those "sock puppet" guys who get banned from the forum. I swear to god I almost threw my computer through a wall. :mad:

My wife has graciously allowed me some time to get on our home computer so that I may address this issue. This is going to severly limit my forum time, my updating, my participation in general on this forum. I am really going to do my best to keep updating my AAR. But, I know my readership of other peoples AARs is going to decline dramatically. For those of you who follow this AAR I am going to try and get in at least 1 update a week...yes, I know it sucks...but it is about the best I can promise now with my now limited forum time. :(

Thanks for understanding. I think I am going to go cry now. *sniff*

You should try to get your webadmin person to allow you access . they usually have an admin panel that allows you to get through . unless they specifically targetted you or the site or they don't want forum browsing at all =( . Otherwise good luck !

Too bad, maybe they checked what are you doing with this computer. But, couldn`t you buy internet connection for your home?

noooooooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOoooooooooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooOoooooooooooOooOOO! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

couldn't you try to get the firewall changed to allow Paradox? or bring a laptop with a different connection?

I have an internet connection at home. I am on it right now. I just dont get to spend much time on it. No, the web admin wont remove the firewall. I dont own a laptop. I will continue to work on the story, I just wont be able to update as often. This wont kill me but it will slow me down.

Darn :(. Hopefully you'll find some way out of it.

GeneralHannibal said:
Darn :(. Hopefully you'll find some way out of it.

Don't sweat it General, I am just a bit upset right now, because I did most of my time on the forum at work. I will just have to set some time aside, like I am now, to read other's AAR's and write my own. :)

Just read through this wonderful AAR, and its extremely well written! One of the better HOI2 AAR's ive read and i will definately be looking in on this for sometime, though i am sorry to hear about the internet troubles... those employers and their forcing productivity... never appreciated that :)
Cheers,
Maximilliano

Maximilliano: Thank you sir. I am glad you have enjoyed it. Yeah, those draconian tactics employers use to force you to work. Oddly, my forum time never interfered with my job. *sigh* Oh well. Hopefully will have an update in tonight.