• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 8, 2006
This is my sacond ARR. I am playing as Japan (in the game EU2 it is called the Nippon empire). My objective will be to create a strong economical nation with many teritorries (something like an Azian Venecia). Im playing medium/furius. On my first post i will describe the situation of Japan and its neighbourhood.

As you can see Japan is a weak nation. It has not much land, is economicly unadvanced and it has not many discoverd teritories.

Here you can see the buige. I have put as twice much money as any where on economy. If i want to become strong I mostly need money. The rich rule lol. I will need it to create colonies, ships and armies.

My neighbours are Korea, Machugako and China. China is the strongest nation with 130.000 men and its the biggest too. Machugako has 60.000 men but it is not very advanced. Korea has 40.000 men but I doubt that they will use them effectivly. On the start I have 70.000 men, 15transports and 15galleys. Soon after the start of the game a war has started between Machugako and China. In my next post i will report about the war.

Last edited:
Duke of Wellington said:
A very interesting nation to choose and one with a great deal of possibilities. Good luck and I look forward to reading this.

What he says, :D

Chapter 1: The Manchurian war

Chapter 1: The Manchurian war

Soon after the start of the game (about 2 years) China decleared war to Machugako (in the game itself the nation has an other name but allmost the same).

As you can see the Chinese are crossing the Manchurian borders. The biggest battle of the war was for Jinin the capital of the Machurians. I would like to see the chinese lose but the reality looks different. The red line that you see is the size of the country behind Terra incognita.

Soon Korea joined the war. With that Manchuria had no chance of only defending itself. It was only a matter until the war would end.

Here is the war 1 mounth to the end. Soon after that the following events happen:

Korea made peace with machugako for one gold (i could pay em that to stay in war lol).

With that the first Machugakian war and shurley not the last one ended. China is a backstapper if it goes for land. As it seems i will have to wait sometime until i will be ready to start a war on the mainland.

Last edited:
I've been playing Japan on EP (Europa Portugalis). It can be a very fun country. Just watch out for the Onin War!

Chapter 2: The unslaught of Taiwan

The following events happened between the middle of the Manchurian war and about 3 mounths after that (5 years total lenght). The text has been written by the royal writer of the dynamo (something like a Japanese king).

Report from 1425-1430. To make aur nation strong we had to expand. The point of aur Dynamos interest is the island town of Taiwan. But the people of Taiwan were not likeley to join us. So we have send an army of 4000 men to force them to join us. The letter of the leader of the army made us allmost sorry:

We arrieved early in the morning they have not awaited us. We strook em fast. It was not a battle it was a slaughter. We fought them until early in the morning. There were only few that resisted. I hope you will recive my letter. We will start colonising the island of Taiwan just send us supplys and men. Your loyal solider General Tai Kongavatchi.

After aur Dynamo recived the letter he has send all what the general asked for. Than there was the qestion from the start what to do next. Colonize the mainland or attack Korea. The anwereser was clear. Since Korea was in an allinace with China the most plausible thing to do was to colonize the lands still know to us.

Last edited:
Chapter 3: The years of peace

Report from 1430-1435. After we were colonizing Taiwan China was allready prepearing their sacond war versus Machugako. Aur gratest fear was that they will attack us as soon they finish em.

But china went over few changes too. In my old years i still dont know if they were good or bad for them but it didnt helped us much.

One of our main goals was to be the one of the most dominant market leaders in the world. The only thing that was standing in aur way was china. So we have accepted a trade aggredment with them. I dont know what will happen in the future but i know we will have to go to war with China atleast once in the next 50 years :eek:o.

Now to some happier news. Taiwan is now fully a province of Japan. They are giving us more than we ever hoped to. And the tactical importance has been well taught. Momently we are colonizing the lands of the thiefs on the Manchurian borders.

Last edited:
Looks good so far!

And don't be so quick to hop to AGCEEP. As you can see, your game's going just fine without it.

Plus, I'd sooner go to EP. The AI's far, far superior and most of the events are similar. ;)

Chapter 4: The sacond Manchurian war​

Report from 1440-1445. January 1440 early morning at the docks of Kansai (Nippon capital). Some drunken guardmen were marching up and down the docks. Sudendly a ship with yellow sails appeard. Soon it was clear that that was a Chinese royal warship. As the ship arrived at the docks a woman and an old men stepped aut of it. The woman was a chinese princes and the man was the high emissary of the chinese king. Aur Dnyamo has accepted the vistors. The emissary made him a very good preposition. We would give the chinese military access, and the oldest sun of aur emperor would mary the Chinese princes. If we would accept that we would become, a part of the Chinese alliance. Aur Dnyamo accepted the conditions. Hey he got to get rid of his heir. As Confucius says only a ful shots with a canon on flys. O no if somebody reads that. I will be acussed of herecy beacuse we are not confucionists :eek:). Well we didnt know what the Chinese wanted to achive with the alliance but we were in it for now.

A year later. We finaly knew now vhy the Chinese wanted to ally us. They needet us in the war versus Manchuria. Since we were allied we had no other choise as to help them in another war that they would win.

It seemed that the war was well planed by the Chinese since they had a good plan to take Manchuria. We come over the mountains, Koreans take the lowland and they take the capital. And after 2 years of war the Manchurians have fallen. We didnt get any land from the war but we had to do aur duty. As Confucius says-shut your mounth Shen!

Last edited:
Prepare for any more wars that the Chinese start. Be ready with troops to swoop in and grab up juicy provinces for yourself. ;)