• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hurricanehunter said:
As far as writing goes, Im a scrennie man, so either works for me. This is awesome, you might actually lose!

:D

Great writing, I like a mixture of both, however just one map every so often, cause not everyone will be familiar with the layout, especially as it can change often and fast from dialog to dialog.

I like your writing. It has mystery in it, yet is concise and gives plenty of clues with feeling of being there. But the maps are important for orientation.

Chesterton: The situation will get better somewhere, but get worse in other places ;).

hurricanehunter: I might, or I might not.

Yukala: My plan is one map per update, unless I specifically want the reader to be confused.

Tribolute: I know, but I can't seem to stick to any style.

lifeless: And lose valuable IC, nah :p.

I think the style of writing in that last chapter was excellent. Evidently, whomever you copied it from is a genius.

:D

Ahem. Hope the strategic situation improves soon for you.

Tribolute said:
cause even the silliest and insane ramblings of crap :D.

And you would know. :D

Things are looking bleak there General. As for the writing style, its a little cleaner format, but both work well. Dont get down about responses, people are reading.

Technique said:
Evidently, whomever you copied it from is a genius.

Genius eh? ;)

camo: I haven't played the whole way through, but I think you are wrong in your prediction ;).

Duke of Wellington: Thanks about the writing, and I agree things look bad, and they may get worse soon.

Technique: Do you know who I copied the style from, I'd really like him to see it :p. Thanks about the strategic situation, but I think losing AARs are more fun to read, but we'll see ;).

grayghost: Thanks, and that man really is a genius.

To All: Thanks about the responses, they really help me. Next update should be tomorrow, I know what I want to write and I have the scene planned out, but I need to write it. I'll give a hint, it will involve a custom event with multiple choices. As for what country's event it is, I won't say.

Ah, a mystery. Wait...I hate myteries. :p

Hang on in there buddy, go down with grace and style.
:cool:

Chapter 6

Texans, Quebecois, Hannibal hated them all. The plan of “Macarthur’s Marauders” could, and maybe would, spread that hate between the Texans and Quebecois. Hannibal’s mind was clouded with thoughts like these as he gazed down at the waters of Lake Michigan as his craft sped across it.

Macarthur’s meeting with a few American irregulars had resulted in a plan to drive apart the Texans and Quebecois, hopefully forcing them into war. This might be the last hope for the Americans, as the map they had received from Macarthur’s “contacts” hadn’t looked good. Some progresses on the Virginia front, but things elsewhere were not looking good.

“If I was in command…” Hannibal then dismissed the thought, there wasn’t much that could be done; the age of excellent tacticians was replaced with the time of trench warfare. Wars and battles could no longer be won against overwhelming odds, something which had been difficult in the old day’s, but was now nearly impossible. His thoughts were interrupted by a marine gesturing to look in front of the boat, where the city of Chicago lay under Quebecois occupation.

“Ready to move into the city?” Macarthur asked him

“Yes, let’s get this over with.”

The twenty or so men lay in anticipation of the operation. The two boats, stealthily and slowly moved into the docking area. The populace of the city had no love for their occupiers, and the few people that saw the “marauders” simply ignored them, some in hope that life would improve, some in pessimism that the group would fail in whatever their mission was. Hannibal looked at their grim faces, covered with the dust that comes with bombing and urban fighting. He preferred the old ways of fighting more actually. When it was personal, when you could see your opponent, when everybody had a chance. Now, with artillery, bombers, submarines and the like, you could die without even knowing you were fighting.

The journey around Michigan had been dangerous, especially after Detroit fell, but now they were here to carry out their mission, to bring relief to America. The group slowly moved through the streets of Chicago, warily, watched for any military presence. The Quebecois had withdrawn troops from the city in for the Detroit campaign. It would now prove to be their undoing, Hannibal hoped. Walking quietly, they reached the Texan consulate in Chicago.

“Now the fun begins.” Macarthur whispered, as cluster of men rounded a corner and saw Texan uniforms.

“Everyone ready?”

The men nodded.

The group walked into the consulate with Quebecois uniforms, taken from Boston. Muttering a few words in the only French he knew, the “Quebecois” marines used a few well-placed bullets to silence the Texans. The marines quickly went to the back of building and found lockers with enough uniforms for the unit.

The men changed into the uniforms in silent, this was an integral part of the plan. The idea that the cloths the group wore was the most important part of the plan was laughable, but true. If the Quebecois could believe that they were Texans, anything was possible.

Once changed, the soldiers collected the bodies and dumped them into a few carts in the street. The group brought the carts to Lake Michigan and threw the carts and men in them, into the water. Hopefully the bodies would remain secret long enough, if not, there was nothing to be done.

Hannibal glanced at the map of Chicago, smuggled out by resistance fighters to American authorities. The map had come with another map, a disturbing map of the front lines. Only Macarthur and Hannibal had seen it, and for good reason. The map was only a few days old, and it showed the American front line was slowly being pushed back.

It looked like Indiana would fall, and than Ohio would be indefensible. The loss of so many industrial regions was going to kill the Union in the long run, without bullets; the most devoted men cannot win a war. Hannibal’s thoughts drifted also to his family, to the promises made by the white-suited man. It all seemed like a dream, a terrible terrible dream. Was the Scandinavian dream real? Could the white-suited man really bring his family back to him? Questions like these troubled him as he walked in silence to the Quebecois civilian control center where collaborators could betray fellow Americans for money and safety. Of course, it also brought danger, but the fellows who gave information to the Quebecois were the shady sort that were already used to violence.

Stuck in his thoughts, Hannibal almost walked into Macarthur, waving his hand at everybody to stop. Had one of the marines not pulled him back, he may have walked right into Macarthur, so deep was he in his thoughts. Gesturing for everybody to bring their weapons out, Macarthur also took his own rife into his hand. The operation relied on being big and noisy, attracting as much attention as possible. Several marines had sub-machine guns, “bullet sprayers” that would knock down a dozen men but were so loud the whole city would hear them.

“Go, Go, Go!!”

The men ran across the street, spraying bullets into the HQ. Several off-duty men were killed in the initial attack, as were several civilians. Quebecois soldiers came rushing to the scene, many were killed, but more started firing back. After about 10 minutes of blood and bullets, the torrent of Quebecois rushing to the scene stopped. The marines entered the building, giving just enough time for the man at a radio to request help, before killing him. Several marines were dead; the ones unable to leave were killed, as they knew would happen. The country couldn’t afford for them to give into torture, so death was their only option.

As Hannibal left the scene, he desperately hoped that the Quebecois would find out the true identities of the dead men.

july16gg8.png

The Map July 16, 1930​

P.S. I think this update wasn't as good as the last one, but that is because I really wanted to get an update out and I didn't have time due to holidays. Tell me if the last one is better, or if it is just me.

Last edited:
I like it a lot, have more confidence your writing is good and more importantly the ideas flow out just fine.

What is the date? And what is the American IC?

Your situation doesn't look very good.

Yukala: Thanks, the date is about July 20 I think, as the map in the screenie is a little old, as Hannibal got it a few days before he reached Chicago.

hurricanehunter: Trouble indeed, though salvation may come very soon, or things may get worse.

lifeless: I'm planning an event with chances of a few things, so it wouldn't be cheap. I the consequences could make, or break my war.

Earth's Savior: But will I make a comeback, even I don't know.

Jalex: Or those countries may have to make war with each other ;).

Duke of Wellington: Confusion is an understatement, but if this succeeds Hannibal may be able to regain his positian, or at least Macarthur.

Too All: The next update will include a custom event, are there any guesses to what the choices are?

Here is a count of Mobile divisions per country (I.E. everything but GARs)

• Quebec: 68
  • Texas: 68
  • CSA: 34
  • Rep. of America (Me): 71

Texas is also at war with Mexico and the CSA is at war with the united provinces (the light blue at the bottom of the map). Quebec is unfortunately only at war with me, a fact that may change...