• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
rob nikada! said:
damm those vile englishmen :mad:
No problem, Suez is at hand!!!
At leat I hope so..
:D

HKslan said:
Wow I'm sorry, I feel like a hack. I'd no idea you'd used this in your AAR too -- I mean, that image of the Italians marching under that picture of Mussolini on the hills after beating the Ethiopians. :S
No problem, no need to feel bad about it, and when I discovered that another AAR have the same name tham mine "Mare Nostrum"?? Thing that happens sometimes, don't worry.

knugen_n1 said:
Toulouse seems to be an easy match! You're pretty superior in the numbers there. :p
In the summer yes, but with the winter the thing are not so good..
:(

Congo said:
Do you have any sub to harass allied convoys?
Yes I have, but in HSR subs are only usefull against them, and as the Mediterrean still in hands of RN I prefer don't put they in risk.

grayghost said:
Great updates. Love the pics. And remember, slow progress is still progress. Great job. Rhodes is of no real consequence right now, especially if you close those pincers at suez. France may be slow, but it looks as if your doing great.
Thank you, than you, thanks! :rofl:
As you can see the advance will continue, more slowly during the winter, but will continue anyway!

Nehekara said:
How did the allies pass through the Gibraltar Strait? you control Gibraltar, right?
Otherwise; nice advance, especially in the syria/lebanon/palestine area. How is Ethiopia doing?
The still control Suez, and about Ethiopia I'm sorry but I have no pics now, I promise that in next update I will show that front.

TeutonburgerW said:
Another AAR on the subscribed list...

Damn, it's really timeconsuming to read all this AAR's out there. :D
Thanks, but believe me mate, this is nothing compared with one 40-pages Victoria AAR that I read in two days! :cool:

Earth's Savior said:
You can do it! ;)
Let's hope so! Thanks!

chefportnen said:
Normally, I wouldn't be surprised about Italians retreating (in this case, from Morocco). But not this time, not when they're guarenteed to come back! Hurray! Avanti! Glory to Italy! (I should probably pay royalties to Myth for stealing those lines...)
That's true, but now we have an Empire to back us and we WILL return!
GLORY TO THE SONS OF MARS!!

Darks63 said:
Once u seal the med it will be like shooting ducks in a barrel.
Yes, that's rue, but this AAR doen't end with it, I have to conquer all of Gaul, Normandy, England, Switzerland, Iraq...

Dan Cook said:
Are those Time magazines real issues?
Yes!

http://www.time.com/time/

Just search for the year and you will see it.

Deo89 said:
Wow, you empire is beginning to shape like old true empire of Rome, nice job there...
That's true, but Mare Nostrum still far away...

Yoy21 said:
If memory serves, some of the Persian provinces are part of the Roman Empire. Guess who protects Persia?
Persia?
I don't think so, but I'm not even in Iran, Persia seems to be a later-game worry, specially knowing about "Operation Torch"

Spacehusky said:
Persia was never part of the roman empire. This is what you should be aiming for. We'll forgive you if the empire ends up a bit larger than before. :D

Yeah, to the far right of Turkey is the very top of Iran/persia. That, or the bottom of the SU. Either way, the SU is going to be a problem.

As far as I know, those easternmost provinces were never directly administered by the empire, but rather the Roman client kingdom of Armenia. At the height of the empire the Southeast part of the map, labeled Arabia, was the client kingdom of Nabatea. Although you're right of course, I see commie stomping in the future :cool:

Earth's Savior said:
Time to liberate Israel. :D
What are you talking about? A fine fellow such as Darkness2006 would NEVER stoop that low. Reason 1: It should remain compeletely under the control of the Roman Empire. Reason two: Liberating Israel is just plain wrong, always.

Nehekara said:
What are you talking about? A fine fellow such as Darkness2006 would NEVER stoop that low. Reason 1: It should remain compeletely under the control of the Roman Empire. Reason two: Liberating Israel is just plain wrong, always.

How so? Are you a racist? Or do you just think that their is no Historical Basis for that. Or are you against Israels foreign Policy like me?

He's not going to do it, so don't argue about it. I look forward to your fight with Germany :D.

I believe ES was making a joke. The Romans put down 3 separate Jewish revolts. Combined with Italy's growing anti-semitic stance before and during the war, I don't think they'll be too generous with the promised land ;)

Wow. I just mentioned it because it was unlikely. Plus, they have some of the game's best techteams.

Back on topic.....

Can't wait for the next update! :cool:

xsx12 said:
How so? Are you a racist? Or do you just think that their is no Historical Basis for that. Or are you against Israels foreign Policy like me?
chefporten said:
What's wrong with liberating Israel? Are you with the PLO or something?
I am no racist, I just happen to think that there never was any reason for creating israel in RL. Politically I am very anti-Israel, but I don`t activally support the arab states either. Anyway, there is no reason for Italy(sorry, the Roman Empire) to liberate Israel in this game, an empire who liberates parts of its empire is no true empire!(That`s why noe-one talks about the british empire no more :D )
This AAR is great as ever! keep it going!

December 21st, 1939

The Duce, fearing the defeat of our forces in Palestine, and trying to make a final push to Suez launches the OPERAZIONE GENTE ROMANA.

OPERAZIONE GENTE ROMANA
(Reinforcements by sea to Palestine)

It's a dangerous operation and the Regia Marina is, at least, mobilized and weighs anchor from it's base in Black Sea to give protection to our transports. Regia Aeronautica is also protecting our ships with every fighter and bombers that we can use.

021dedez39ajudaemsuezgq8.jpg

dr-bw-bren-gun-in-tunisia.jpg

English troops resisting near El Alamein

December 27th, 1939

Fearing the numerical advantage of Royal Navy, Regia Marina decides to strike RN in the coas of Alexandria, thanks to our own local advantage in numbers, in order to make the English fall in our trap we start the bombardment of Alexandria's port.

127dedez39ataqueportodeuf7.jpg

December 29th, 1939

Two days after the beginning of the naval attacks to Alexandria, Royal Navy decides to fight! The Coast of Alexandria Battle begin!

Coast of Alexandria Battle

229dedez39batalhadealexki4.jpg

The battle continues throught the year change and ends with:

*Both Italian Aircrafts Carriers were sank. :mad:
*Many Italian DD's and CL's sank too.
*All English and French transports now lies in the bottom of the Mediterrean. :D
*One English CVIV was sank.
*Regia Marina retreats for Tel Aviv.

ww2299.JPG

Coast of Alexandria Battle

sm79_aerosiluranti.jpg

Italian SM79 naval bombers in action during the battle

Last edited:
January 11st, 1939

The Italian retreat from Morocco goes on, but only 3 divisions escape, the others 3 are defeated before our Navy could rescue them.
The Duce words, "We shall return", make the legs of the Frenchmen to tremble.

311dejaneirode40retiradju7.jpg

Wewillreturn.JPG

"We shall return"
January 17th, 1939

The situation in the Horn of Africa is of total victory of Ethiopia.

417dejan40etiopiahd0.jpg

etiopia1ic0.jpg

Soldiers of Ethiopia advancing in East Africa

The battle for France is almost finished with the fall of Toulose to the Italians and Paris to the Germans.

517dejan40franacz6.jpg

2220_1703_Haupt.jpg

Paris is German

Ariete-gazala-07.jpg

Italian tanks breaking throught Franch lines in South France