• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Georgia and Azerbaijan you can liberate, but keep Armenia, since it was once part of the Roman Empire.

In Africa, you should liberate Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, East African Union, and Kenya, if you've gotten that far south.

Guangxi said:
Transcaucasian Federation, maybe?
I can't, Armenia was part of the Roman Empire.
=D

chefportnen said:
Georgia and Azerbaijan you can liberate, but keep Armenia, since it was once part of the Roman Empire.

In Africa, you should liberate Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, East African Union, and Kenya, if you've gotten that far south.
I will liberate only territories that are not in the frontiers. But Somalia, East African Union and Sudan are not, so they will be liberated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post an update today, the last one of the week, I hope you will like it, see you soon.

Do you have cores on all of the historic Roman territory?

Middelkerke said:
Don't give yourself the Dissent hit. It are only african nations. The population won't mind it.
That's impossible, since the next update is already ready!
=D

germanpeon said:
Do you have cores on all of the historic Roman territory?
No, I don't, let me explain you why:

The dream of NRE (New Roman Empire) was, at least in the beginning, just a far possibility in Duce's mint. A "Core" province means that this province has some relation with the country, and, in 20th century, I can't see Lyon, Alexandria, Lisbon or Jerusalem with some kind of relation with Rome. That's why give me core in those provinces is unrealistic and unfair IMHO.

January 19th, 1944

While the cold winter is in it's peak in the European Continent, the troops of the Sofia's Pact continues to suffer below the hot sun of the Africans Deserts.

Their condition is not worthy of the Romans Legions. They are seeming Barbarians! In order to change this, and thanks to the TC and oil problems, Il Duce decides to reform the Empire with the assent of the Emperor Vittorio Emanuele III.

019dejan44africa1ee9.jpg

Con%20Mussolini%20alla%20Enciclopedia%202.jpg

Acts of the creation of the Roman protectorates in the Africa

February 9th, 1944

Some Barbarians Partisans still resisting to be assimilated to the Latin Culture. Both in Anatolia (old Turkey) and in Ilyria (old Yugoslavia).

19defev44partisans1zo1.jpg

Partisans in the Empire

Soviet_guerilla.jpg

Partisans

February 22nd, 1944

The battle in Africa goes on, we are facing difficulties to conquer the French Congo, Il Duce is worried since he DEMANDS from his generals, the total conquest of Africa before the expected Japanese defeat.

The battle for Bangui is expected to open a hole in the French line.

222defev44africa2ls4.jpg

bm2_quastina.jpg

bm2_deraa.jpg

French Colonial Militias

February 23rd, 1944

More Partisans in Europe.

This barbarians think that only because Il Duce is generous and granted freedom to some of our African Allies he will do it elsewhere?? They are wrong, and will know this by our Legions swords (oops), guns!

:mad:

323defev44partisans2jp8.jpg

Last edited:
March 4th, 1944

A look to Asia.

- The Japanese front in Birmania was broken months ago, the Britons have advanced until the Yang-Tse-Kiang river
- An American amphibious disembark have capture Shanghai area.
- Despite all these losses the Japanese defeated the American Force in the Philippines and forced the withdraw of General MacArthur. This means more time to the conquest of Africa.
- The key points of Singapore, Iwo Jima, Taiwan and Guadalcanal stills in Japanese hands, it appears that the Japanese will resist much more time than IRL.

54demar44japan1gn1.jpg

Japsoldiers.jpg

Japanese victory

1101500710_400.jpg

He ran out of the Philippines :D

March 14th, 1944

The Winter is almost finished and the Germans are near than ever from the Soviets Factories..

Is this the end of USSR??

614demar44germania1fi6.jpg

lebensraum_europe.jpg

Total German victory?

Last edited:
Great updates Dark. Your graphics, as usual, are top notch stuff. Way to puppet those nations. Should help your TC problems alot. I must admit, Japanese resistence is surprising. They usually fold like a bad ladder about this time. Now, boot those worthless french out of africa! :cool:

well, unless you somehow blitz through afghanistan and persia very quickly you wont be able to get the central asian ic. the british must have a lot of troops in china, meaning india is lightly defended, and a prime target for the Empire once Africa`s cleared up :nods:

bah, we need a nod smiley...

great pictures, how do you find them? and great update once again. Of the aars i read, your one of the few that updates regularly, which i thank you for.

grayghost said:
Great updates Dark. Your graphics, as usual, are top notch stuff. Way to puppet those nations. Should help your TC problems alot. I must admit, Japanese resistence is surprising. They usually fold like a bad ladder about this time. Now, boot those worthless french out of africa! :cool:
Thanks! The graphics are interesting for me too, good you have liked them all this time. Keep going! =D

Well, I would liberate more of them, But Morocco and Congo aren't available yet, perhaps later..

About Africa, well, I've reached South Africa and I'm almost closing the French pocket, but France have placed many divisions around their capital, so I think that this will take more time.

About Japan, well, now they are almost falling in China (I have another update ready, but I will post only in next week, it's Sunday Afternoon here in Rio and I will go out of home now), but they will resist much more before the Americans being capable to disembark in the Home Islands.

Guangxi said:
well, unless you somehow blitz through afghanistan and persia very quickly you wont be able to get the central asian ic. the british must have a lot of troops in china, meaning india is lightly defended, and a prime target for the Empire once Africa`s cleared up :nods:

bah, we need a nod smiley...
I will not reah Central Asia, it's a little out of my range right now, let the Germans take it, and then we will see, after the fall of Japan, what the Americans will do about the Nazi beast.
I'm almost convinced that the Persia-India route is the thing to do, but I'm not completely sure, so this (British troops in India) will be confirmed (or not) later.

chefportnen said:
India should definitely be your primary target, it would help take pressure off of the Japanese.

:nods: works for me...
I don't want to save Japan, I just want that they resist long enough until the Allied in Africa falls.

wilegfass said:
great pictures, how do you find them? and great update once again. Of the aars i read, your one of the few that updates regularly, which i thank you for.
Well, the only site that I can give you as a "search and find" almost complete is the wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.com A very good and complete site, by the way. (At least in English and the Latins languages )

About the updates, I do my best, Some time ago I didn't update the AAR for two weeks, what can happens, but at least one update per week I will try to post.

Edge of a Knife said:
This is a great AAR, Darkness2006, I must say that at least. And why stop at the borders of the old Roman Empire? This is the new Roman Empire! Expand the Borders more!! More green I say!
They are already expanded, the Romans only conquered the actual Iraq by a couple of decades (or less) and never reached so south in Africa, and they also never reached the Caspian Sea or Azerbaijan. However, some of the historical areas of the Roman Empire stills not in my Empire.
Switzerland, Gaul (only a part), Normandy, Brittany, Lusitania, Dacia (only a part) and German Rhine region are that regions. So i still have much more to do, and if the Americans land in France in June, 1944??
And if the Germans DoW me while they still troubled with the Soviets?

This game still have a lot of possibilities, and is March of 1944, 99 moths have gone but we have 117 months to come!! What means that we have more game ahead than behind! Surprisingly don't you think??

Have the allies tried to launch D-Day yet? ;) The Soviet Union still got a lot of IC, but the Germans have a good chance of capturing it when spring comes it seems :D

this is good update I always enjoying to see that the Italians win