• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What should be the next Duce's step??
Conquer and liberate africa. it might be in your favour not to have the smaller ones as puppets, since they will be dependent on italy for raw materials, when they are free they can trade for them with south america.
Send some scout ships to Asia, see whether an italian invasion would face much opposition, if not, then save the japanese`s arses.

I would strike France in Africa.

chefportnen said:
Psh, of course the P26 will beat the Shermans. Shermans were inferior to most Axis tanks, the only advantage
the Americans had was having numerical tank superiority.

That's true. When the Allies landed in Normandy, they counted on getting enough Shermans ashore to break out of the beachhead before the better-armed German tanks could overwhelm them.

Actually the Sherman was better than the panzer III and the earlier IV's but on par with the later IV's (when upgraded with the longer 75mm) but inferior in armour and firepower compaired to the big cats.... :rofl:

Im loving this AAR keep up the great work, when can we expect the Italian flag flown all across the pacific? ;)

Your Italian P26's will slaughter the allied fools! :D

Sorry guys, no time to update or even play the game this weekend, perhaps in the next on.

See you!

Darkness2006 said:
Sorry guys, no time to update or even play the game this weekend, perhaps in the next on.

See you!
okay, can't wait!

Guangxi said:
Conquer and liberate africa. it might be in your favour not to have the smaller ones as puppets, since they will be dependent on italy for raw materials, when they are free they can trade for them with south america.
Send some scout ships to Asia, see whether an italian invasion would face much opposition, if not, then save the japanese`s arses.
This will be my main target from now on: to conquer Africa!

Leumatiello said:
I would strike France in Africa.
So as I!

Middelkerke said:
Yes destroy all the allied divisions in africa. The more you destroy the less they have to land in europe...
Correct, but I'm still more worried with the American Motorized Division than with the French Colonial Militias.
=D

soonerborn0524 said:
Can we see a map of all the Italian land?
Yes, I will post one bellow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

An update will be following!!!

June 20th, 1944

The Duce is worried: the months without any significant new campaign starts to let the Roman Army in a way that is a little similar to the French one in the Phony War (39-40). As Il Duce doesn't want to be surprised as the French in that occasion he raises battle plans to his Army's High Command. With these conclusions:

The Swiss Front

The plan in the Swiss front is simple: a combined assault by land and air in Chur. We will have an advantage of more than 4:1, the High Command expects that this advantage, combined with Interdiction will be capable of defeat the dugged Swiss in its natural and built fortress. After that, the plan is simple: an attack of 26 divisions directly into the Swiss heart: Bern.

The Iberian Peninsula

The Iberian Peninsula defense plan is simple: superior numbers is = to victory.
41 divisions should do the trick. These divisions are also used to prevent or defeat any partisan activity.

The North Africa

The plan here is again very simple: 9 division protect the only possible beach head in North Africa and 3 division protect any possible invasion from the French-occupied Morocco. Note: some of our General are tempted to mount an invasion of the Canary Islands, but our main targets at this time are Switzerland and Africa, so Il Duce (with the Navy support) decides to delay this operation.

The Indian African Sector

For a matter of organization the African front is divided in 3: the Indian, the Central and the Atlantic fronts.

The Indian front is in a moment of stabilization. We are currently occupying two empty British territories (poor British) in order to launch further offensives, beyond that, we have two East African divisions reaching Inhambane to begin the invasion of South Africa.

The Central African Sector

In Central Africa we will immediately attack Mongu, where 2 obsolete South African division are not expected to be capable to resist our 5-divisions assault (including one HQ). The conquer of Mongu will precede a encirclement move in Angola.

The Atlantic African Sector

In the Atlantic front we face our powerful enemy at this time: the entire French Army. The Main force of the French is in Brazzeville (15 divisions). An direct attack there is considered to have a high chance of fail. So we will try to encircle them, in order to increase their penalties. The first phase of this plan is the conquer of Libreville, that is defended by nothing-less than Mr. De Gaulle 8 divisions Army. We will use 20 powerfull divisions (including armored and HQ's divisions) to teach Mr. De Gaulle a lesson. After that we will have to defeat only seven French division in the Atlantic coast before the (Il Duce expects) the final battle against the French, what we want to be the Circle of Brazzeville.

The Persian Front

36 divisions to invade Persia, our brute force will prevail. None tactical move, none magical advance. Just head forward kicking Persian soldiers. Note: Another group of Generals, supported by the Air Force, wants to begin an invasion of Arabia. We have 12 divisions in Kuwait city, as well as several airplanes squadrons. About the Arabs?? Only two 1918 Cavalry divisions..

The Caucasus

Our frontier with Germany has 14 divisions, the Germans have 6, but we do not have battle plans to a war scenario with the Germans as we do not expect a war to happen.

A general view of Mare Nostrum

A general view of our African Colonial Empire and Protectorates.

Last edited:
It has been a long time since my last front-detailed update (if my memory does not fail, since Programma Tesoro in 1939) so I think that you would like to be informed about the frontier situations.

As can be seen in the update, I will start several advances in Africa and one of possible 3 wars: Switzerland, Persia or Arabia.

Which one will be chosen and what will happen with the war in Africa??

In the next update..

Man, your TC needs to be fixed. Other than that, it looks good.

Also, Bulgaria is a disgusting blight on your map.

The might Italians will surely prevail over the entrenched swiss, Arabia will be a shoot training for your rifles, and Persia is your oportunity to conquer what the romans couldn't!

germanpeon said:
Man, your TC needs to be fixed. Other than that, it looks good.

Also, Bulgaria is a disgusting blight on your map.
I'm in the moment improving several provinces Infrastructure to help my TC (about 20). Above this, I'm thinking about do a new reform of the Empire, releasing two or three African puppets.

About Bulgaria, Il Duce thinks that only with the end of the African Campaign he will be strong enough to demands Constantinople from them.

Leumatiello said:
The might Italians will surely prevail over the entrenched swiss, Arabia will be a shoot training for your rifles, and Persia is your oportunity to conquer what the romans couldn't!
That's what Il Duce hopes for. Let's see what will happen.

Darkness2006 said:
I'm in the moment improving several provinces Infrastructure to help my TC (about 20). Above this, I'm thinking about do a new reform of the Empire, releasing two or three African puppets.
Both are probably bad ideas. Improving infrastructure does absolutely nothing to improve TC, which is solely dependent on your IC. Releasing puppets will give you dissent and make short term partisan levels even worse.

Spacehusky said:
Both are probably bad ideas. Improving infrastructure does absolutely nothing to improve TC, which is solely dependent on your IC. Releasing puppets will give you dissent and make short term partisan levels even worse.
No but it betters a units ESE if that province is on a front. ESE is on total TC + province infra divided by 2. Every 10% infrastructure essentially aids a unit by 5% attack/defence.

Spacehusky said:
The dissent hit is surely a minor loss comparable with the resources that are lost with my occupation. And I'm not a full Authoritarian state, so I don't have the same dissent hit as the Nazi German..

About the TC, well, my fault, it really does not help the TC but units ESE.