• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
scubasteve1233 said:
As an experienced player, would it be a challenge to play as usa or sov on very hard? What is the most fun difficulty level to play as a major power?

I would say Soviets are harder,Try Play Soviet Union on Very Hard/Aggressive.You should befighting for hours ;).

Hi :)

The new version (0.20) of mod34 is ready !!!

You can download in the first post of this thread. Is 100% compatible with HoI2 DoomsDay and HoI2 DD-Armageddon. In the installation program, you can select your game version.

Well, are many changes in the 0.20, most important :

- New 1938 scenario (designed for multiplayer)
- Important changes in the units values (naval units have important changes)
- Techtree,IA,countries,ministers,... reviewed
- New events
- New techteams for the important countries
- New utility to know the requirements of the techs
- Players suggestions
- ... and many others changes

I hope that the new version like you ;)

PD : If you detect any error or problem please contact with Erno or me

PD2 : Sorry for my english :eek:o :p

thank you for the new version, quintelosky & erno!

I'm looking forward to test it.
I havn't written much in this forum the last weeks, but i still play your mod, i still like it, i'm still writing events and changes myself and i'll write if i find bugs and have suggestions if you guys still want them.

See you
Tramis

Wow. I played a GER game with v.20 up until early 39. For me it is easy to gauge the differences in a mod by playing GER since I can recognize all the changes from vanilla. I had fun and I am about to continue the game. I like the start date which allows more time to mold the players country to your particular liking, and especially in the tech tree. Though I had a bit of a tough time finding the prerequisite techs for some of the new unit models at first. The events are interesting and remind me of CORE and HSR, but it's almost as if you merged HOI and HOI2 DD. The new graphics are good as well.
Thanks for your hard work and I will be back in touch for any new developments as I see them when the war begins.

I must admit at my first look at this mod I was sceptical mainly about the techs being with out historical dates, but man, it is awesome if you give yourself some time to get used to the new features.
I have to congratulate you, the only thing that need to be corrected is the english translation. For example I have 'Shield and artillery' in the tech page, while it obviously should be 'Armor and artillery'. But apart from this its really a good work you've done guys, thank you!

When researching basic sub-machine gun of infantry my infantry should get +1 soft attack, but it gets this bonus not directly, but only when the infantry upgrades to the next level. I haven't seen this problem in previous versions. The bonus through techs get implemented within a "short" time. Is there a way to manually trigger the bonus through an event?

The problem is that newly built units only get the bonuses when the infantry tech for the next level has been invented and the infantry also upgrades to the next level.

The new version 0.20 looks great though...

To jadam:
We are working in it.

To wp5200:
You are wrong, that bonus just apply with an upgrade, in all versions of Mod34. We don't like it but it is the unique solution we get to solve the problem.

To The_Carbonater, Noffi a la Poff :
There are so many programmed events (about 6000), if you want to see them there are in file called "modtext" but we are not going to make a list.

Is there a changelog?

like, are the puppets germany are supposed to get while attacking SU in the axis instead of neutral now?