• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm afraid I won't be able to produce enough supplies, and even if I would, then I won't be able to trade them - there seems to be a lack of resources in the world (even USA and USSR don't produce enough...)

Trouble with running Mod 34

Hey guys,
Love Mod-34. I've been playing it for ages. I bought a new comp with Windows Vista. I'm finding that installing mod-34 isn't going well. It crashes every time I try a scenario.
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks
GG

Or at least do it so that it's not hyperlinked. :)

Hyperlinked or not doesn't matter. Anything resembling an email address will be harvested. Even several combinations of email at place dot com would get correctly harvested these days. The programs aren't that hard to obtain or operate.

The good news is you're only in for more spam as a result.

BUL DOW Issues

Hey guys,
Love Mod-34. I've been playing it for ages. I bought a new comp with Windows Vista. I'm finding that installing mod-34 isn't going well. It crashes every time I try a scenario.
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks
GG

I have just discovered MOD34. I have Vista too, but I never had any problem loading the mod - so I cannot help with your issue personally, but I can tell that the Mod does work with Vista.

On another note, in my latest MOD34 game, I was playing GER, with HUN, ITA & ROM as allies. I was gradually crunching my way through FRA - AUG 1940 when out of the blue, BUL with whom I was increasing alignment, , DOWed HUN & ROM. What was really scary was that ROM & HUN dropped out of the Axis and signed up for a NAP with the Allies until 1942.!?!?!

Visit this link, #1623, here for more detail:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313755&page=82

Meanwhile, I had been visiting the mod site at PI and came across the CDCP Mod. These guys have been sifting through the code for misspellings, bad links, and other dodgy stuff. Lo and behold - they had come across the same problem. They nailed down the problem, and then rewrote the code -- they have fixed the BUL DOW issue.

Since then, I have applied their CDCP patch -- and reinstalled the MOD34 code -- Bingo -- it has fixed the problem!!

Has anyone else out there had this problem turn up??

Hope that "Q" gets this message -- love this mod, I especially like the discovery of new resources, and the builds of new power stations etc. I must admit my research effort is down to 23%, so I have yet to find out how to fix this issue.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi everybody :)

I don't have Vista, but exists some problems to apply correctly the notimelimit patch. I can't help us in this problema, but some of the problems have a solution with a installation in other directory. Sorry, but I hate Vista :D

I will correct some bugs for the next version (liberate natios, ministers before 1934, hun-rom-bul events,...) I'm working in that, now I'm gathering the bugs and problems.

Thanks for all, I read this thread and fix the bugs

Macintosh

I am having some problems. I use Macintosh. I downloaded the latest Macintosh version of the mod but, after the scenario loads when I attempt to start the game, the date refuses to advance - it freezes and crashes.

Any ideas?

fff

I am having some problems. I use Macintosh. I downloaded the latest Macintosh version of the mod but, after the scenario loads when I attempt to start the game, the date refuses to advance - it freezes and crashes.
If you try to start before 1936 you will likely have problems due to the lack of a 'no time limit' mod for the MacOS version. I don't know of anyone doing the equivalent of .exe hacks on the MacOS.

Any ideas?

fff

I have one question for you : The installer for Mac works fine ?

Well, the problem is the notimelimit for Mac (don't exists a notimelimit patch for hoi2 mac, this is the major problem). In some days I will upload the new 0.70 mod34 Mac version

Macintosh

The "no time limit" situation is a problem I have repeatedly with a number of the mods. Do you know of a manual fix for the problem? Something I can tweak as a work around? It would sure help.

The installer works just fine. No problem there.

Thanks.

fff

The "no time limit" situation is a problem I have repeatedly with a number of the mods. Do you know of a manual fix for the problem? Something I can tweak as a work around? It would sure help.
The only workaround would be to run Windows. There's no way to start in 1934 without modifying the executable and no one has posted any info on how to do that on MacOS yet (for any Paradox game going back 6+ years, not just HoI2).

That isn't totally true jdrou. All the time extension mods revolve around hex-editing the Paradox executable, and I would be extremely surprised if there was no way to do that in MacOS. The hard work would be in trawling through the old threads to find what you're looking for and what to change it to. IIRC the original time extension mod for EU2, the one which was bundled with the Mongolian scenario, was originally just instructions on which values to change and only put into an exe after people complained that hex-editing was too hard. I'm also reasonably sure that the time extension mod for HoI1 was released the same way.

fortunesfavorit, does WINE work on MacOS? If it does, perhaps try running the NTL exe through that.

I was playing with Yugoslavia, I was pissing in pants waiting for Tripartite Pact to pop up so I can get my ass handed on a platter, April went by, so did May, June, July... nothing?

Is it a bug or did I miss something?

Marvelous mod by the way!;)

I was playing with Yugoslavia, I was pissing in pants waiting for Tripartite Pact to pop up so I can get my ass handed on a platter, April went by, so did May, June, July... nothing?

Is it a bug or did I miss something?

Marvelous mod by the way!;)

Hi

You need wait to the greek-italian war (october 1940), because this war was the excuse to take yugoslavia.