• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
with no time limit do i need to patch hoi2.exe? and how can i do that crazy land scape things away in the provinces?

Last edited:
Yes, you need to patch, that's the idea of an ntl ;o)
The crazy things are from your download, you asked the installer to download these nice extras. But if you don't want them, I think the only possibility is redownloading or removing the files manually... I don't know if the last option is possible, as i have no idea about in which file the .exe is asked to include... perhaps someone with more programming-skills than me can say something intelligent?

hi. i need some advice. I´m playing national china and after the japanese invasion i had conquered manchuko and korea and i had chosen the humiliate japan event. i had 4 years of peace (1939-43) and then joined the allies in their war against japan. the ai was too stupit to conquer japan so i did it myself. now my problem. japan had only two provinces left (on the main island) and surrendered.
an event poped up named japan surrenders and i lost many provinces to the soviet union . provinces which i control since 1938 were handed over to the reds.
what can i do to avoid that ?

sorry i need a more detailed answer. :)

Sorry mate, couldn't find the event :(.
RENEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP COPY
But if you go to db/events/*one_of_the_folders* then you will see lots of text files, named like "japan".
In one of them, there should be the event, you want to disable.
Then, you need to "comment it out" using "#"
start from
Code:
event = {
changing it into
Code:
#event = {
repeat until you've reached the last
Code:
}
, change it into
Code:
#}
It's just above next event's beginning
which should look similar to this:
Code:
#########################################################################
#  Imperial Rule Assistance Society
#########################################################################
Commented out event's won't appear ingame
ps. Sorry for such a long and offtopic post.

Last edited:
Is the Vichy events gone in mod 34? Playing as italy took over south france, Germany took North France and the event wont trigger.

well it depends, did italy get paris cause that would break the chain

No, the only important cities in France i have is Vichy, and all of the south coast and the north africa coast.

Also is version one the last version? Or is it still being worked on?

I found your problem!!!! France probably went with viva la France as there choice instead of surrender.

Thanks for the help, and damn frenchies their navy is killing me!

There is only 1 way around their navy and that's gibralatar and seuz, if I were you I would consider a invasion of Spain

Or... I can sink them all, mwhahaha. *Needs an evil smilie*

Im to lazy to see if this is already posted but is 1.0 the final version or is this mod still active?

Well I don't see much more than alternate history so I'm guessing a few minor updates here and there maybe a new alternate history event and fixing of bugs but I think this mod is almost at max potential

Well I don't see much more than alternate history so I'm guessing a few minor updates here and there maybe a new alternate history event and fixing of bugs but I think this mod is almost at max potential

I'd like to see something to limit overall army size, I had the UK tromping about with over 200 divisions by 1944 somehow.

Edit:
Is there a fix for colors if playing the armageddon/abyss scenarioes? Everything appears the same shade of black in the political view.

Last edited: