• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, I downloaded the mod, but when I run it, all it does is create a new folder called "new folder" in my doomsday directory, containing what is obviously the mod itself. Running the game then is just regular Vanilla HoI2DD.
Then I tried copying the content of the "new folder" into the Doomsday directory, and on startup I got a different graphic. But no scenarios are available! The list of scenarios is empty.
Can someone please point out my error?

delete everything and then reinstall DD, patch it up and then install the mod again:D

And do I leave the "new folder" as it is?

Ganz Anders said:
Hello, I downloaded the mod, but when I run it, all it does is create a new folder called "new folder" in my doomsday directory, containing what is obviously the mod itself. Running the game then is just regular Vanilla HoI2DD.
Then I tried copying the content of the "new folder" into the Doomsday directory, and on startup I got a different graphic. But no scenarios are available! The list of scenarios is empty.
Can someone please point out my error?

During installation you have to select the same folder that the original DD and installer will copy there the files. It is very important that you install Mod34 in a original installation of DD.

When you start Mod34 there will be different graphics and just one scenario called "October's Revolution 1934".

Playing germany: the monroe doctrine fires if I have some ex-british isles near florida. Funny thing is the event fires i check accept doctrine (which should give the isle to the US) but the isle remains my territory and the event keeps firing every other week (maybe there is a province number mixed up). I cant exatly say which isle, i think its new providence (bahamas).

Next thing the "Bitter Peace" fired with GER / ITA /UK / JAP / FIN /ROM in the axis. Japan didn´t get Vladivostok. ROM didn´t get its territories back. FIN worked. (i also never got a occupation event like schulenberg plan - WAD?)

Strange is the time Bitter Peace fired.
Japan had Vladivostok and 3 or 4 additional provinces (btw JAP even got a diss hit for loosing the previous captured Vladivostok sector)
UK took Archangelsk
FIN conquered Murmansk and Leningrad.
GER was on its way to Moscow but neither Moscow nor Stalingrad were captured. I didnt even manage to push farther than the Don and Baku was not even touched. USSR got around 230 infantry divisions at this time and was far from been beaten. So i believe the event needs some tuning. (even though i was happy to have the USSR beaten on H/F within 6 months ;) )
And after the "Bitter Peace" the USSR immediately re-opened the supply trade (via event) with GER maybe the event should check for the Bitter PEACE flag

What really surprised me was the good ITA AI that even managed an amphibious assault in Greece.

A good addition would be the "New World Order" event series like in TRP, or SMEP. It adds some very good alternative events and GER and JAP get some bigger share if conquering the world (restoring some part of FRA, puppet NAT CHI, and many more)

I really like the diss bonus/malus system for counquered sectors very much. I always hoped someone would come up with an idea like this.

one last issue. NAT SPA lost the war, even with GER pushing an enormous ammount of supplies in. (OK could happen). But GER didn´t get a single tech, even after 6 months of war.
After my rush through FRA I declared war on REP SPA and restored NAT SPA. There i also got a diss hit for loosing some spanish sectors :(
After the fall of UK and USSR, NAT SPA left the axis only to reestablish the diplomatic talks to GER via event. Maybe this event chain needs some additional triggers.

Finally WONDERFUL MOD !!

The doctrine Monroe, it is a bug and I will write in our forum to correct it.

Bitter Peace. We have not touched this events and it has passed to you becouse UK was on your side and the event has less conditions to fire if UK is not in war with GER.

We are programming events for "New World Order" and they could be available for next version.

You only receive a single tech if NAT SPA wins. We have reviewed sectors for not to get dissension but it looks that it is not ready. We will review again.

Abaut NAT SPA left axis we don't have idea, we have to search this.

Thanks.

Hi for all of you having install problems. I did also. I tried everything many times. The problem was when installing the mod the default location was da, da, da, \new folder. That does not work. I reread the instructions again and made sure that it went to the same folder as Doomsday. That worked fine. For some reason I thought that new folder in Doomsday was the right one. I hope this helps. Thanks guys for a great mod. I am playing my 3rd test game as Japan. I have ignored China to invade the US in 37 with my entire army. Nat China is staying busy conquering the rest of China. I have taken two thirds of the US provinces, I now have 8 carriers. I did no armor research. The four starting cavalry divs are priceless when the US only has 18 or so divs to cover the whole US. I am pretty sure I will finish them off within 6 months for so. After that who knows. The extra time from a 1934 start allowed me to hit the US with a total of about 30 divisions over several months. The US was very fragmented in their response so I have been able to get past the Mississippi. Sorry to go on for so long but, I really like this MOD. I am still trying to get the hang of the tech tree. I only recently got the 5th tech team. Thanks again.

about that installation problem it tell's you to select the doomsday folder i did so a new folder was placed next to the other one's but still didn't work, i renamed my entire doomsday folder used the repair function and used the old folder to copy- paste the new maps on to it replacing al the old one's the mod now works but for the research secdule's made by the team te dates are not avaible it only says year : 0, how could this happen?

i only updated the hoi2.exe with the crack for time and reseachteams is this the reason or is there an other ?? but it looks great already can't wait to realy start playing

Erno said:
We are programming events for "New World Order" and they could be available for next version.

THX for the info !

You have to install the mod in the same folder than DoomsDay, not to create another becouse you have to rewrite some files in this folder. If you install in other folder and then you rewrite this don't have to work fine. When you install Mod34, then DoomsDay does not work; you can copy DoomsDay into another folder and install Mod34 there if you want to play DoomsDay too.

If just appears year: 0, it is fine, because we have removed the historical year in techs; but you have to have research techs to investigate, if not, your installation is bad.

i don;t know if any one else has this problem i put my options on auto save once in 5 months an game speed on fast every hoi day from 23:00 until 1: 00 my game is teribly slow, i also had this problem with the core mod maybe it's the same reason ??

It happens because between those hours the events (and any other thing) are programmed to be verified for program and it spends more time doing that verification. We can't do anything to solve that, but if you save and reload the game it could go better in some cases.
I don't know in CORE mod but I suppose that is the same thing.

Last edited:
Minor nations

G'day Erno and Quintelosky

I have installed the Mod34 and am enjoying it immensely. I'm currently playing as the UK and I have noticed that the minor nations seem to have too much IC available. Egypt, Bhutan, Nepal, Iraq etc. have masses of troops which seems a bit unrealistic. Is it possible to tweak down the IC for minors - I will hardly need any UK troops in Egypt with all of the Egyptian troops there (12) even before the war starts!
Cheers for the great Mod!

i found somethin of what i am not sure if it belongs in the mod. afther i got the saarbrucken area back but in 36 i also got the reoccupation of the rineland original event when i move my troops in to colonge. is this ment to be so ??

To el alamein:
We created events to industrialize small and average nations to make they be more competitive, as people wanted. In every case, the nation selects if it wants to industrialize or not and nations that take part in any conflict selects to industrialize normally. People are happy with this events and we do not think to change then.

To Dutch Rommel:
Quintelosky says to me that it is right.

If you want to have a first idea for naval doctrines you can see here, in spanish. It is not the final version but it could look like that.

Great mod. Is it possible to play it in multiplayer?

So far, my attempts to do so have failed. The game states there's a version mismatch between players (which is impossible, since I personally copy-pasted my game over to his).