• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
oil problems

I think i found the cause of the oil surplus in this mod (0.4). The industrial energy to oil conversion rate starts out at 0.1 and slowly increases to 4 with research. This is backwards. According to hoi2wiki a 0.1 conversion ratio gives 10 oil for 1 energy while a 4 conversion ratio gives 4 energy for 1 oil. So as your army becomes more modern (through industry) and consumes more oil, less oil is being produced, is this WAD? I just reversed the ratios on the industry tech file for this, though I haven't tested it yet.

comments anyone?

ps kudos on an excellent mod

ggm

error

in my game as germany in late 1942 i get an error loading the game which says there is a duplicate event type 4712 id 505417 and type 4712 id 505066.

does anybody know how to fix this?

ggm

ggm said:
I think i found the cause of the oil surplus in this mod (0.4). The industrial energy to oil conversion rate starts out at 0.1 and slowly increases to 4 with research. This is backwards. According to hoi2wiki a 0.1 conversion ratio gives 10 oil for 1 energy while a 4 conversion ratio gives 4 energy for 1 oil. So as your army becomes more modern (through industry) and consumes more oil, less oil is being produced, is this WAD? I just reversed the ratios on the industry tech file for this, though I haven't tested it yet.
The original settings are correct (at least for DD - don't know about Armageddon). Energy-to-oil conversion always produces the same amount of oil. The only difference is the amount of energy consumed. A ratio of 0.1 means that 10 energy will be consumed per oil unit; a ratio of 0.4 means 2.5 energy will be consumed.

The problem lies elsewhere (and Q is aware of it and is reworking some numbers).

---

I don't know why the duplicate event error appeared. I probably wouldn't be able to solve the problem if it happened to me, but (if it was fatal) I'd look for those numbers in the savefile, and then do a search in the savefile for the names of the event files in which the duplicate event IDs appear ("aleator_jap.txt" is a possibility). More than that I cant say.

Air Leader's command limits

First off, this is a great mod. Once I get used to the tech tree, I'm sure it'll be the version I play the most.
One thing I don't like, tho, is the change in number of units that air leaders can command. This has 2/6/12/16 rather than, what is the vanilla...4/12/16/24? But, the 4 per stack seems to be hardcoded, so now the leaders don't match the number of units, like hotdogs and buns.
I've decided I want my version back the old way, so
What/where is the name of the file and parameter(s) that control air leader command limits?

Thanks!

Despite getting an error when applying the no time limit patch, I'm still able to play. Will I encounter any problems when playing the mod without properly applying the patch?

Also, why isn't Stalin at least of state in the USSR in the game?

John_Chrichton said:
Also, why isn't Stalin at least of state in the USSR in the game?
it has something to do with offices. Stalin might have been the one controling all, but the offices themselves where held by other people. Stalin will appear in 1941 during german invasion
this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vyacheslav_Molotov and this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_of_the_Soviet_Union should explain it

the soviet system was different than usual. the most power was held by the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, but HoS equivalent was called Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and HoG equivalent was called Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars.

Last edited:
The Great Duck said:
I think having Stalin as HoG is more correct,as although Molotov de jure has held the position,Stalin was the one who had most of the power.
i see it, that the de jure view should be implemented here. when you start to think of it, you are de facto Stalin when you play USSR. the allmighty figure without position in cabinet :rofl:

telesien said:
i see it, that the de jure view should be implemented here. when you start to think of it, you are de facto Stalin when you play USSR. the allmighty figure without position in cabinet :rofl:

That is true, but Stalin also frequently held several ministerial positions, he could be placed in those. Although it would look even stranger if Stalin was Interior Minister and someone else was head of Government and yet another individual was Head of State.

Also, did anyone else have the run time 70 error when applying the no time limit patch? I'm still able to play. Will this create problems in the future?

alan_le_cowboy said:
Playing as JAP, I have created Imperial China (large puppet including former Manchukuo which therefore no more exists).
The event "Recognition of Manchukuo" has fired. It should check if MAN still exists.

How do you do that ? is it an event after you defeated china ? or do you need to kill of Manchukuo first before invading china ?

Sjukov said:

Suddenly there just pops up all these resources in Mogadishu, for some reason. I noticed the same happening when playing Japan (but no in Mogadishu ofc). Why is this?
puppet giving you his excess resources? it is usually this. or capturing supply depot?

It's definitivly not that I have captured a supply depot. Atleast it shouldn't. It's 2-3 months since I annexed and liberated ethiopia. But Im not sure if its the puppet giving me resources either, couse ethiopia shouldnt have managed to accumulate so much resources in these 2-3months either..

mod 34 light

Xantes said:
just wanted to know :
whats the difference about mod 34 scenario and mod 34 "light" scenario?

I noticed that my comp slowed down quickly on Mod 34 but operates well on Mod 34 light. Of course I doubt know much about how each mod is designed but that difference I have noted.
GG

Not sure if it has been said but:

Later versions of submarines have up to 20km firing distance and are thus able to reliably outrange most destroyers. This is neither realistic nor fun and needs a change.

I suggest setting fire distance of all submarine models to 5km to fix the problem.

Or is this intended as some abstract way to representat destroyer detections vs sub stealth?
If so I can add that the AI isn't doing very well and need this help :p If not they need to be told to research & build better destroyers in face of sub-war :)