• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah so basicly mod34 looks like it broke my HOI2, period. I cant even back this out to the point where I can do a clean install and play the basic game. I would really appreciate some help from the mod developer or one of the other modders, becuase this is beyond frustrating.

I really liked mod34 for the day I got to play it, but I guess I wont be installing it ever again provided I can get basic HOI2 to ever run again.

Azkor said:
Yeah so basicly mod34 looks like it broke my HOI2, period. I cant even back this out to the point where I can do a clean install and play the basic game. I would really appreciate some help from the mod developer or one of the other modders, becuase this is beyond frustrating.

I really liked mod34 for the day I got to play it, but I guess I wont be installing it ever again provided I can get basic HOI2 to ever run again.
The only thing I can think of is that something might have gotten corrupted in the HOI2 registry entry. Have you tried using the HOI2 uninstaller?

LM+ said:
The only thing I can think of is that something might have gotten corrupted in the HOI2 registry entry. Have you tried using the HOI2 uninstaller?

I used the HOI2 uninstaller. Still no joy.

blue emu made me curious and i just installed the mod. but i cant research more than one step for infantry as i need improved SMG but cant research it. it looks like i somehow need "materials" but where can i research it? it looks like it is tied to the war/peace-way but i cant research it :/
will it open by event or is there something i need to do?

edit:
finally found it hidden in the industrial techs

Last edited:
Manziel said:
blue emu made me curious and i just installed the mod. but i cant research more than one step for infantry as i need improved SMG but cant research it. it looks like i somehow need "materials" but where can i research it? it looks like it is tied to the war/peace-way but i cant research it :/
will it open by event or is there something i need to do?

edit:
finally found it hidden in the industrial techs

An app that comes with the mod "Tech Guide" will tell you what you need as prerequisites. It does get a bit complicated.

Azkor said:

HOI2 requires nothing special to run. So, what you can do is really simple.

(1) Make a fresh install of the game with all patches.
(2) save a copy of that "vanilla" version somewhere on your hard drive.
(3) Install Mod34 in the other version
(4) Whenever you want to install a new mod, install it in its own HOI2 folder (just make duplicates).

This way you can play whatever version you want.

Thanks Blue Emu

Due to the endorsement from Blue Emu I restarted the game. On the second try Chechoslovakia (spelling?) did not hand over its Sudentendeutsche provinces. But the third try work as historically happend up to Danzig-or-War.
However, I feel that my forces are woefully inadequat to wage war against Poland, let alone France. I managed to build 12 Arm divisions and 4 HQ's but I have only 36 Inf's facing the Poles and the Westwall is undermanned with 18 divisions. My air force, if it can be called a "force", has 8 Int's and 8 Tac's and the fleet has many of the z-plan ships but no major BB's or CV's. I do have one fleet with 2 CVL's, 6 CA's and 10 CL-FC's.
I am expecting 6 more infantry divisions by the outbreak of the war.
Does this seem typical?
Plus, does anyone build all z-plan ships? It seems to me that there is not enough IC in Germany for this.

bbasgen said:
HOI2 requires nothing special to run. So, what you can do is really simple.

(1) Make a fresh install of the game with all patches.
(2) save a copy of that "vanilla" version somewhere on your hard drive.
(3) Install Mod34 in the other version
(4) Whenever you want to install a new mod, install it in its own HOI2 folder (just make duplicates).

This way you can play whatever version you want.

See thats the problem. After installing mod34 I cant run ANY HOI2.exe. I have removed mod34 via uninstall. Unistalled HOI2. Done a complete clean install and patches and still get a HOI2.exe appcrash.

kptb said:
Due to the endorsement from Blue Emu I restarted the game. On the second try Chechoslovakia (spelling?) did not hand over its Sudentendeutsche provinces. But the third try work as historically happend up to Danzig-or-War.
However, I feel that my forces are woefully inadequat to wage war against Poland, let alone France. I managed to build 12 Arm divisions and 4 HQ's but I have only 36 Inf's facing the Poles and the Westwall is undermanned with 18 divisions. My air force, if it can be called a "force", has 8 Int's and 8 Tac's and the fleet has many of the z-plan ships but no major BB's or CV's. I do have one fleet with 2 CVL's, 6 CA's and 10 CL-FC's.
Does this seem typical?
Plus, does anyone build all z-plan ships? It seems to me that there is not enough IC in Germany for this.

Last time I played as GER I had a set-up of about 100 Inf, mostly model III, some model IV, 8 Arm (with 7 more under construction) and 2 HQ units at the time of Danzig. Airforce consisted of 10 Int and 12 Tac so far. I built all the Z-plan ships, leaving me with ~80 ships. Disregarded the oil events. Built serial runs of 3 IC for all available IC, so didn't start to build units properly until '38. I focused on researching naval logistics tech to reduce build time for ships. Also went to great lengths to get Navy and Army planning. Sliders at full standing army/full central planning. Changed ministers around to suit construction of Inf, to give maximum IC and to get maximum MP. I lagged a bit behind in the aircraft department due to heavy focus on industry techs. However, this was more than sufficient to occupy POL, HOL, BEL, FRA, YUG, GRE, DEN, SWE and NOR before spring 1940. It was harder to attack SOV in May 1940, since they had a lot CAS and INT which slowed my advance to a crawl. In 1941, after focussing heavily on upgrading and researching aircraft, while expanding the army (now at ~200 Inf, 15 Arm, 4 HQ, 12 Mil), and continuing with the Z-plan (for a total of some 140 ships so far), the problems were overcome, and SOV folded fairly quickly.

I'd think your set-up would probably be better off with fewer Arm and HQ, and more Inf instead. You don't really need a super large airforce for POL or the lowlands/FRA.

Difficulty starting MOD 34

i installed mod34, at the end of the instalation it gives the option for the no time limit patch, the no time limit thing wont install. the game wouldnt run. so iremoved it and reinstalled it without no time limit part. when trying to run game it says it cant find hoi2.exe so i try uninstall all HOI from computer reinstall all way to ARM 1.2 it works fine. I then install mod but still no time limit bit wont install, so try the seperate link for it. It says "Version not compatible" When i try to run MOD34 it still says it cant find hoi2.exe
:confused:

This is my first ever mod. Have always been unsure about mods, but the praise given to it by BLUE EMU in his AAR finally made me try one.

Help please?

bbasgen said:
An app that comes with the mod "Tech Guide" will tell you what you need as prerequisites. It does get a bit complicated.
really nice.
another question:
is it normal that my Z-plan ships are such old models? i just cant keep up with research despite having kriegsmarinewerf researching naval techs all the time.
infantry and airforce look rather good (if i only could find the IC to build them with all that Z-plan ships :/ ).
also, my manpower seems a bit low. it is november '37 now and i only have 9xx manpower.
and is there somewhere a plan with all the birthdays and other nice -x dissent events?

kptb said:
Does this seem typical?
Yeah, I'm doing a lot better than you are... here's my Army and Navy in June '39:

Army_June39.jpg

FleetJune39.jpg

This is on "Normal" difficulty. As you can see, I only have three Armored Divisions, and 24 Militia... in addition to my Infantry. I certainly didn't try to build all of the Z-Plan ships... I just bumped the Subs up to the top of the list and let the rest sit un-funded at the bottom of my build-queue. I built ICs only until I had something else worth building.

I keep getting a CTD in the Final War scenario, playing as Germany. EU and Scandinavia have formed and USSR is at war with the aliens. Any idea what may be causing it? The CTD seems random, as it never quite takes place at the same time. Sometimes it goes away for a month and then comes back, due to me reloading.

Can I make 2 installations of Mod34? I have it installed for doomsday, but after that I have bought Armageddon, so When I try to install it in the new folder with armageddon I get a warning that Mod34 for doomsday already detected, I can choose continue anyway, but I don't want to ruin the DD mod34 installation since I have a great game going there. But I also want to try mod34 with the few Armageddon enhancements like fleet brigades ++.

Any help is very appreciated.

I could always just make a backup of the good DD savegame and reinstall the lot for doomsday if all else fails and I want to continue that game, but I want to have both installations for now.

Will some reg enteries mess everything up and maybe make none of the 2 Mod34 installations work?

Spookyashell said:
Can I make 2 installations of Mod34? I have it installed for doomsday, but after that I have bought Armageddon, so When I try to install it in the new folder with armageddon I get a warning that Mod34 for doomsday already detected, I can choose continue anyway, but I don't want to ruin the DD mod34 installation since I have a great game going there. But I also want to try mod34 with the few Armageddon enhancements like fleet brigades ++.

Any help is very appreciated.

I could always just make a backup of the good DD savegame and reinstall the lot for doomsday if all else fails and I want to continue that game, but I want to have both installations for now.

Will some reg enteries mess everything up and maybe make none of the 2 Mod34 installations work?
Here's what I do:

Install the game, patch it, install the Mod... then:

Copy and paste a duplicate of the modded game into a different directory, and name it whatever... "Mod34 for Doomsday", for instance... then:

Un-install the Mod and the game, in order to clear out the Registry. The un-install doesn't touch the duplicate copy that I made... only the original.

Now I could install Armageddon, patch it, make a duplicate copy (to save as an un-modded Armageddon), then install the Mod to the original.

That would give me an un-modded copy of Armageddon, a Mod-34 copy of Armageddon, and a Mod-34 copy of Doomsday.

At the moment, I have four parallel installs on my system using this technique... and no problems at all. My registry is fine... but it only knows about the most recent install.

hey guys, i would like to sort of voluntier to help with the development of this mod. nothing big since i have no experience with programming. i just like messing around with tech teams and i noticed, that the tech teams here are sort of "out of touch" with the new tech tree, so i could kind of update at least the ones of majors. but i need one thing first. messing with tech teams is useless without editor and its ability to determine which team is best for certain tech, but i can't make it run. can you help me with this problem? i saw similar question a bit earlier, but without answer. so is there even a possibility to make the editor run? thanx

blue emu said:
Here's what I do:

Install the game, patch it, install the Mod... then:

Copy and paste a duplicate of the modded game into a different directory, and name it whatever... "Mod34 for Doomsday", for instance... then:

Un-install the Mod and the game, in order to clear out the Registry. The un-install doesn't touch the duplicate copy that I made... only the original.

Now I could install Armageddon, patch it, make a duplicate copy (to save as an un-modded Armageddon), then install the Mod to the original.

That would give me an un-modded copy of Armageddon, a Mod-34 copy of Armageddon, and a Mod-34 copy of Doomsday.

At the moment, I have four parallel installs on my system using this technique... and no problems at all. My registry is fine... but it only knows about the most recent install.

All I did was copy the armaeddon 1.2 directory and then installed mod34 again, I haven't checked if the old DD Mod34 install still works, but the new armageddon Mod34 install works just fine, I just chose continue anyway when warned about MOD34 for DD detected on system.

Reading about the problems some people have with the mod, I wonder if it will also work with the original HOI 2 only.
Because at the moment I have two versions of the game installed:

1) HOI 2 with 1.3a

2) DD + ARM with 1.2 + CDCP

Is it possible to use Mod 34 with 1) and have the same game as using it with 2)?
And will I still be able to run vanilla ARM after installing the mod on 2)?

Another question: Will I have any problems running the mod with the German version of the game?

And finally: Is it better to use the No Time Limit option?

Thanks in advance!

tryin this mod out for the first time.
im playin nationalist spain and wanted to expand my navy by building subs.
well thats all goin ok.. except for one minor point. i cant seem to expand down
the "commersial interception" tree (in order to get more org on my subs)

its marked red in the tech tree.. even after abondoning the old doctrine..
what gives? is nationalist spain barred for creating a submarince force by default?

nappy