• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hail Erno....after much consideration, I have decided to offer some help to you regarding translations of your event texts to a more "proper" English. While most of the translations can be understood, you guys can use a bit of help here and there. I don't know how quickly I can get these changes done for you but I can certainly put in at least a bit of time every day -- sometimes a few hours on a weekend.

Let me know if you'd like to take me up on this offer.

jfp3

We are thankful your help and you are wellcome to our team.

If you want, we can do this job together, you can send me what you think that is wrong with your proposal and we can correct it. You can contact to me at erno.mod34@gmail.com

That is a hard job but we can do it slowly because we don't have any date to finish it.
Thanks.

Gents I was wondering if there is a reason why the game begins in Oct '34, yet jumps to Jan '35 during the 1st hour of playtime? Is there something that I need to edit manually?

Erno said:
The third part is optional, it is for not to die leaders.

Before press apply button you have to select folder: hoi2\db\leaders and then apply.
I don't mean the leader section. The time limit patch itself is divided into 4 subsections, the third one will not work and keeps giving error code 70. When I try to start the whole thing crashes.

To jfp3:
You have to install no time limit, that thing happens when you don't install it.

To son of liberty:
I don't understand you. But you can do this: don't apply the no time limit and finish installation, then go to main folder of the game and there is: "Parches Hoi2-dd.exe" (icon is an admiration), that is the no time limit patcher, execute it and you see a program with three main buttons. The first is for no time limit, the second for not to see IC of other countries and third for not to die leaders.
Firstly you have to select hoi2.exe at top of program (in "Abrir...") and then you can apply no time limit and not to see IC (if you want), for not to die leaders click that button and select main folder\db\leaders and then apply.
I don't remember if this program is translated but I think that you can do it.

But I don't know what is your problem exactly. If your pachter doesn't work I can send you another (by email) but we don't have any problem with it.

Last edited:
Erno said:
To jfp3:
To son of liberty:
I don't understand you. But you can do this: don't apply the no time limit and finish installation, then go to main folder of the game and there is: "Parches Hoi2-dd.exe" (icon is an admiration), that is the no time limit patcher, execute it and you see a program with three main buttons. The first is for no time limit, the second for not to see IC of other countries and third for not to die leaders.
Firstly you have to select hoi2.exe at top of program (in "Abrir...") and then you can apply no time limit and not to see IC (if you want), for not to die leaders click that button and select main folder\db\leaders and then apply.
I don't remember if this program is translated but I think that you can do it.

But I don't know what is your problem exactly. If your pachter doesn't work I can send you another (by email) but we don't have any problem with it.
When I get home, I will try to send a picture or something.

I couldn't do a picture, but this exactly what it says.I am trying to apply the patch to "parcheshoi2-dd.exe". the response is "parcheshoi2 runtime error '70': permission denied" So what am I doing wrong?

It could be that patcher was wrong, download here another patcher and try it. Be sure that file "hoi2.exe" was not in only read mode (right button and properties).

After that, if you continue having problems you can try another no time limit from modhoi .

We was searching abaut error 70 and Microsoft says this and that are problems that we could not solve if those no time limits don't work.

Last edited:
Erno said:
It could be that patcher was wrong, download here another patcher and try it. Be sure that file "hoi2.exe" was not in only read mode (right button and properties).

After that, if you continue having problems you can try another no time limit from modhoi .

We was searching abaut error 70 and Microsoft says this and that are problems that we could not solve if those no time limits don't work.
Ok thanks, I will try when I get home.

Will it be any event for stuff like the Cuban revolution, proxy wars in the former colonies etc? Any cold war stuff at all? I would like to see a "partitioning of the world" event if the unholy alliance between Germany and USSR formes.

Hi Erno, hi Quintelosky,

We wish you all the best for your work on Version 0.1.
I'm sure it'll be a great progress and i'm really looking forward to its release.
Please have a look at the points i postet throughout this forum, maybe some of them could be useful to your work to help fix some bugs and improve your mod even more.

See you!
Tramis

PS: best wishes from my Multiplayer partner too. He's especially looking forward to the new aircraft and naval tech tree.

Can anyone tell me why there would be any choice to make except "It is not Necessary" in the "Z Plan" event? I tried the other 2 choices and received nothing in return. Is there some period of waiting for another advantageous event?

I know a lot of people already told you that they love your mod, but I wanted to say it as well. I am playing Germany and we are now in March 1936 and not even a single bug so far. Lots of events. I like the fact that Germany begin with so little troups. This let you recreate the Germany military build up and the tensions associated with it.

If I can make some suggestions, it would be great to revisit the intelligence (spy) part of the game. There is not enough interaction around this. The AI does not really attempt to do much so far. My other suggestion would be to found something more interesting thing to do with money. I wish we could buy blue print from non-allied nations... There is probably not much you can do about this from a modding point of view, but if there is something you can do, please look at it.

Thanks for this great mod.

I thought I would post another comment:

I did not go that far in the game yet, but Germany seems to have plenty of manpower. Does it start having issue later in the game. If not, I would say that this is unrealistic. Historical manpower issues should be reflected in the mod.

Let me know if that was already been taking into account.

Spy part was rewrited but it doesn't work so well and we will try again for next version. With money there is not so much to do.

Manpower in Germany (and in other nations) was taken into account, be careful because you will notice, coveral against Soviets. In our test if Germany loses war, it is for not to have enough manpower.

Another point:

Is there a way to clearly find what are the pre-requisite for some techs? It's not always easy to find what are the pre-requisite for some specific techs. Can I look directly in a file to find that?

Please let me know.