• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
dag231 said:
Just a quick question...

Decided to play around with Romania with Mod34, specifically a Rumania that was a dictatorship in 1934 thanks to an assassination (this was going to be a test run for an AAR). Was going to make a Romania that was pure armor.

Late 1934, invaded and annexed Bulgaria (fairly easily, and without any League of Nations interference).

The Yugoslavia, Turkey, Greece partnership event fires, so I DOW Hungary. This meant that Austria declared on me, Greece, Turkey and Yugoslavia declared on Austria, Germany on Greece and the the UK on Germany.

Anyway to put this genie back in the bottle, or is it pretty much toast? :p

There is an event that will end the war with every keeping what the captured or losing what they lost. Use it to get as much territory as you can. :D

Garmorn said:
There is an event that will end the war with every keeping what the captured or losing what they lost. Use it to get as much territory as you can. :D

Ah.. nice.

Was concerned about WWII starting in 1935, that it would wreck the continent and all that.

Would it be possible for the game to be fixed so that at least some events (preferably all of them) aren't "hard-wired" into the code and we can edit them? I'm thinking of the Trotsky Show Trials for instance. It says that when Stalin was the premier--but in my game he wasn't and yet it fired anyway.

Last edited:
HALP! My Fighters Won't Upgrade!

It's very late in the war. The US (me) and Russia are in the final death struggle for control of the world.
Problem is, I'm still flying P-51's. I've got both secret fighter tech's researched, but none of my units have upgraded. Do they have to be pulled back to a core province to do so? All my TAC bombers upgraded fine, even tho they were ever overseas.
What do I need to do to upgrade my fighters?

Monarch1st said:

It's very late in the war. The US (me) and Russia are in the final death struggle for control of the world.
Problem is, I'm still flying P-51's. I've got both secret fighter tech's researched, but none of my units have upgraded. Do they have to be pulled back to a core province to do so? All my TAC bombers upgraded fine, even tho they were ever overseas.
What do I need to do to upgrade my fighters?

You are trying to upgrade from propeller fighters to the reactive engine fighters. by design you are not supposed to be able to upgrade them. the materials/engines/aerodynamics are way different

Z-plan and GER AI

I have still played a game and GER AI has two problems with Z-plan:
- with any z-plan, ground army is too weak
- with submarines fleet, GER AI does not send them at sea.

Z-plan should absolutly be reworked for AI (decrease units in production queue, AI reworked to use subs...)

I would like to request permission to release the the MOD 34 tech tree in a mini mod to improve the game experience of the mods "Kaiserreich" and "A Peace to end all Peaces- no WWI mod for HoI2 DD"

Before playing your mod I tried other big mods and stopped on Kaisereich for a while.

As I am waiting for a new patch for mod 34 I tried "A Peace to end all Peaces"

I like your mod and I like those mods, but I can not stand their tech trees.

I found that I can port the tech tree out and am enjoying it very much

I think others might too.

Would it be alright?

Thank you

The London Naval agreement is a thorn in my side when I play the USA. I'm not sure exactly what to click each time in order to avoid the chance that I won't be aloud a navy.

You guys know the event I'm talking about? It's basically an event that triggers in relation to all this, and it drastically increases the buildtime of all naval units.

This event would be ok, if at some point it reversed itself. But as far as I can tell, it never does.

As america, not being able to build a navy is very rough. And who's going to waste the IC on a carrier that takes 1800 days to build, or battleships that take 2000 days to build.

tarakan said:
I would like to request permission to release the the MOD 34 tech tree in a mini mod to improve the game experience of the mods "Kaiserreich" and "A Peace to end all Peaces- no WWI mod for HoI2 DD"

Before playing your mod I tried other big mods and stopped on Kaisereich for a while.

As I am waiting for a new patch for mod 34 I tried "A Peace to end all Peaces"

I like your mod and I like those mods, but I can not stand their tech trees.

I found that I can port the tech tree out and am enjoying it very much

I think others might too.

Would it be alright?

Thank you
Well,Kaiserreich will have its own tech tree in the future,you know...

The Great Duck said:
Well,Kaiserreich will have its own tech tree in the future,you know...

:rolleyes:

Future does not exist. There is only now. Forever.

dickov said:
hi! this is probably the best mod for HOI ! Everything is great,but one thing is killing me-in 1943,game stop for a 10-15 sec every time in 3:00 !
I downloaded newest version (0.52),but still.....

any help ?

pleeeeez :( ...I want to continue my game sooo badly,but I dont know what to do...

p.s. sorry wor badgering...

inf upgrade

This might be a question of vanilla, not sure.
All my 17 inf is Irregualr inf which seems to be infantry value 1.
I learn tech basic infantry (tech 1090 i think).
Basic Infantry is infantry value 2 i think.
My upgrade slider then says i need 148.05.
But on my Statistics- land divisions page, none of my infantry says it needs an upgrade. (I think i read somewhere that there is a bug on the Armagedon lands division page that infanty does not show that it needs an upgrade.)

So i put 50 production into upgrades for about 2 months and 7 of my irregular infantry upgrade to Basic infanry.
The upgrade slider says i need about 99 more IC to fully upgrade my infantry to basic infantry.
But 9 months later at 50 IC, none of the rest of the infanry has upgraded, and the slider still says i need 99 IC per day.

Reading the tech 1090
command = { type = new_model which = infantry value = 2 }
command = { type = scrap_model which = infantry value = 0 }

Seems to say that Infantry (infantry value 0) will be upgraded.
But that Irregular infantry (infantry value 1) will not be.

So why did 7 of my irregular infanty upgrade, but 10 did not? I think as i read the tech, none should have upgraded.

How can i tell if an infantry units is working on being upgraded if the land divisions page is unreliable?

How can i tell when to quit putting production into upgrades, if the land division page is wrong and the upgrades-slider needs value is wrong?

dickov said:
pleeeeez :( ...I want to continue my game sooo badly,but I dont know what to do...

p.s. sorry wor badgering...
This is not a Mod34 problem but a game problem. This also happens with vanilla. I'm afraid that you have not much to do ... :(

tarakan said:
You are trying to upgrade from propeller fighters to the reactive engine fighters. by design you are not supposed to be able to upgrade them. the materials/engines/aerodynamics are way different
Well crum. Ok, this is one of two things I don't like with this mod. But only two, out of the hundreds of changes. Well, three, I miss the advnced models, F-100, B-52 etc.
Doesn't make sense either. In reality you just bought new machines and gave your people some training. (not trivial, but still straighforward.) Why only fighters, and not bombers or tac? (or others I don't use)

Ok, how do I change it back, what file is the progression in? (yes, kb broken. edit: kb fixed.)

edit: The interceptors upgraded just fine, so this is not a design issue. It's a bug.

Last edited:
Actually, it's not. There are two different interceptor paths in the secret weapons screen; rocket and reaction. You can't upgrade to reaction interceptors, but you can upgrade to rocket.

I had the same 'problem'; you can't upgrade from a lower model to a higher one if you're missing a step in between. In 0.40 (I assume 0.52 is still the same in this) reaction interceptors are models 17 and 18, while semi-modern interceptors are (iirc) model 8. Rocket interceptors are models 9 and 10.

Semi-modern fighters are model 7, reaction fighters are model 9 and 10.

I was pissed off at this at first as well, since I was severely short on IC's, and those fighters are just extremely expensive to build, so I modded my save game and 'upgraded' all my fighters to model 8 manually. Note: This will give them a VERY ugly look (basically a big X), but then they will upgrade to advanced reaction fighter eventually.