• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
just do a system search, that would be the easiest way....

however if you installed it for DD than it is in the doomsday folder, if for ARM then in the armageddon folder.

Speaking of naval builds; playing as Italy there are a couple of events that give options to prepare for war. The second one costs a huge amount of resources-I chose to go with it. A year later I see no cost advantage to having accepted the buildup.

Are the costs involved with that build up just a history lesson, or is there some real advantage/cost reduction as a return for the payment?

BTW, the Intell portion of the game is indeed much more interesting/active. The hostiles just keep coming, and have actually done me some harm. It's not a "one way street" anymore. This is a very, very, good mod.

Last edited:
I love the mod but I have encountered a small problem when playing as Japan.

It seems hard if not impossible Complete the research to the Yamato class ships in time.
Historically it was ordered in March 1937 and finished in December 1941 but I cannot seem to complete the research before 1941 without going FAR negative into research eff.

The main problem I think is that the class before requires radar and Japan did NOT have access to radar when building the Yamato class. Perhaps you could be allowed to "skip" one Battleship design to get to super heavy such as in vanilla? And thus go around the radar requirement.

Last edited:
Phearless said:
I have a question. about a year into the game (1935) a message comes up saying Standard annexed Standard. then Standard revolted and formed a new Nation, then it repeats. i don't know if this is related but then at 0200 my game freezes for about 3-5 seconds every-day. then i tried anouther and on my second game it was 1900 every day.
is it related to the Standard thing, or maybe after work i'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Did anybody ever find an answer to this? It is really irritating. Otherwise I love the mod so far, though your tech tree has me pulling out my hair.

son of liberty said:
Did anybody ever find an answer to this? It is really irritating. Otherwise I love the mod so far, though your tech tree has me pulling out my hair.

It is a workaround. The game does not refresh all of the modifiers for the different units that come from various tech except when a nation is annexed. Several mods get around this by having a dummy country annex a second dummy country, then later release it so the cycle can be done again. It is necessary to make the tech tree work right.

Cpt Crash said:
Speaking of naval builds; playing as Italy there are a couple of events that give options to prepare for war. The second one costs a huge amount of resources-I chose to go with it. A year later I see no cost advantage to having accepted the buildup.

i am pretty sure the advantage is in making the choice. you did look at the alternative right? i think it gives you some bad slider moves plus a dissent hit.

Cpt Crash said:
Are the costs involved with that build up just a history lesson, or is there some real advantage/cost reduction as a return for the payment?

you also get to build some of the unique ships (cruisers i think in the case of italy) which are more powerful than your standard ones (they have historical names)

Cpt Crash said:
BTW, the Intell portion of the game is indeed much more interesting/active. The hostiles just keep coming, and have actually done me some harm. It's not a "one way street" anymore. This is a very, very, good mod.

yes, i quite enjoy it. i played it on normal the first tiem and it was a tad easy though.

Re: Standard Annexes...

Originally Posted by son of liberty:
Garmorn said:
It is a workaround. The game does not refresh all of the modifiers for the different units that come from various tech except when a nation is annexed. Several mods get around this by having a dummy country annex a second dummy country, then later release it so the cycle can be done again. It is necessary to make the tech tree work right.

It's too bad that this 'Standard annexes Standard' issue isn't made more clear right at the top of the thread, or that Mod34 doesn't have its own section, like some other mods, where it could be stickied.

If you scan through the 50+ pages of this thread, it seems like just about every other page someone is asking about the Standard Annexation Issue; almost as disturbing for it to pop up routinely in the thread, as it is for it to pop up daily in game. ;)

So, if this wasn't a question that kept coming up the total pages of thread might rather be about 30, not 50+. :( How about Mod34 getting its own Mod section?

As I think this mod is the only way to play HOI II - have you guys considered adding in the 1st London Naval Treaty, 2nd London Naval Treaty and the Anglo-German Naval Agreement? Into the Mod?

I think these would add a lot to gameplay and the historic feel.

Rook

Last edited:
Red Jacket said:
It's too bad that this 'Standard annexes Standard' issue isn't made more clear right at the top of the thread,
Or in a readme.

or that Mod34 doesn't have its own section, like some other mods, where it could be stickied.

If you scan through the 50+ pages of this thread, it seems like just about every other page someone is asking about the Standard Annexation Issue; almost as disturbing for it to pop up routinely in the thread, as it is for it to pop up daily in game. ;)

So, if this wasn't a question that kept coming up the total pages of thread might rather be about 30, not 50+. :( How about Mod34 getting its own Mod section?
I support adding a sub-forum for Mod34, as it satisfies all the requirements to be among the top few HOI2 projects. However, the admins for the HoI2 - Scenarios and modifications forums are apparently not interested in making any new sub-forums, regardless of need, and regardless of whether existing sub-forums can be removed at the same time. I've contacted them twice on the matter of removing some of the deadwood with total lack of success.

But you never know. Contact ForzaA with requests for a new sub-forum. The chances are almost zero, but that's not the same as being zero. If enough people ask very nicely, strange things have been known to happen...

rook749 said:
As I think this mod is the only way to play HOI II - have you guys considered adding in the 1st London Naval Treaty, 2nd London Naval Treaty and the Anglo-German Naval Agreement? Into the Mod?
Most (possibly all) of these are already in.

infantry brigade? pretty cool! Any other unique brigades that can be built later on?

EDIT: Any point to the Vatican City? How/Can the League of Nations be annexed by taking over Geneva? :D

There is another interesting aspect to this mod; the language in the events pop ups. It helps to have that foreign sound while dabbling in international politics or multinational forces-adds to the realism. I am not being a smart ass, I actually like the "funny English". There are, however, a few events which are difficult to understand. Playing as Italy (from '34) I have noticed a couple of events which seem to have the choice and the definition reversed.
I know little of any other language except English, so I am certainly not being "haughty" about this-I truly appreciate the work you guy's have put into this great mod. The English translation does need a little more work though.

@Maldorians - the League of Nations annexing Geneva is designed to update unit statistics which have brigades attatched to them. It has no bearing on the game whatsoever, but rather is only used to recalculate units. This only happens after a country is annexed, so by doing it every day/week the units are kept up to date. Hope this answers your question for you :)
Also, you can hide the message(s) by right clicking and selecting the turn off message function if it is annoying you. :)

hi guys, i just installed mod34, read almost all thread -59 pages- and supporting the sub-forum idea because people keep asking same questions like i`ll do just after.

same problem asked before i installed mod34 over my armageddon but it jumped from October 1, 1934 to 1 January 1935. then, as advised i uninstalled everything, installed a fresh doomsday, then armageddon, then armageddon patch v1.2, then mod34 v4.0 and same thing happened. i saved the game on January 1, 1935 and then changed the name of eug and cfg files from save games folder to October 2, 1934 and changed the time with notepad to

globaldata = {
startdate = {
year = 1934
month = october
day = 1
hour = 0
}
but when i load this save game, the time is firstly 2 October 1934 but after starting the time, it freezes for a while (making the processes) and jumping to 1 January 1935 again.

what can i do for playing the last quarter of 1934? the game is like modded not to let us play in 1934 opposing its name and reason of existence :rofl:

if i wouldn`t play those three months, it is pointless to say "i`m playing mod34". i want those three months back, help me...

chowbeng said:
You need to use the no time limit patch provided with the mod.
The program is named Parches Hoi2-dd and should be in the same place as Hoi2.exe. When you run it switch to english, if that is easier for you; the top selection, "No TimeLimit" is the only one that you need to run, although you can run the other 3 options if you want those things modded in the game file too.

This patch will mod the hoi2.exe file. I make a back up of this file before running the patch - that way if there is a problem, or you do something wrong, just copy back the original hoi2.exe, and run the patch program again. No need to reinstall everything, just put copy of unmodded hoi2.exe back replacing the hacked version.

ROMANU said:
I don't have the time to read the whole forum... you said in the mod description that there will be a 15-year game-span, armaggedon lasts until 64, that's another 15 years... what happens with them?

Maybe they only did events for 15 years. Like in Arma, it can play till '64, but the events seem to end *except for the random ones* in the mid/late '40s.

Maldorians said:
Maybe they only did events for 15 years. Like in Arma, it can play till '64, but the events seem to end *except for the random ones* in the mid/late '40s.

The only thing with doing events for the 50's and early 60's is that by the time the game reaches that time, history is going to be so different from where we were at that time that most historical events would not happen.

That said, there could be a series of African and Asian decolonization events, as well as the founding of the EEC (if the allies win), or stuff showing the Japanese and Germans setting up their empires and being in a cold war with the US (if the axis win).