• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, so what did I miss in 150 or so threads? Selling mods? Selling language lessons, what's going on here? We wouldn't want Scooby Doo tocome here (oh god, the horridness of that joke), would we?

Also, I love how there is a Mac version, but the mod must have the No Time Limit patch on it... and there are only .exe for the No Time Limit patch =/ Of course, using Wine is wonderful solution as long as Wine wants to work with it...

Random Crash

Don't know if this has been seen before I am in the middle of my epic US versus the world game and I am having a random crashing issue. I checked the event history file but there does not seem to be any pattern there. The crash always happens at midnight of random days, reloading always gets me past the date when the last crash happens. The only thing i see is the last line in the savedebug file:

Event number 336165 maybe lost !

could this be the cause?

Don't know if this has been seen before I am in the middle of my epic US versus the world game and I am having a random crashing issue. I checked the event history file but there does not seem to be any pattern there. The crash always happens at midnight of random days, reloading always gets me past the date when the last crash happens. The only thing i see is the last line in the savedebug file:

Event number 336165 maybe lost !

could this be the cause?

Hi

Please send me the save to quinteloskyhost @ gmail.com to analize the problem

Thanks

Keep up the good work

Hi

Please send me the save to quinteloskyhost @ gmail.com to analize the problem

Thanks

Q hi and thanks for all you have done with this MOD. It is one of my favorites. I hope you keep on working on it. Any plans for a new version? I know HOI3 is out. I bought it and a new computer to play it on. It does not work and will not until an expansion comes out. I have played the latest patch and it is still no good. So I will keep playing Arma until they Fix HOI3. I do not think AOD is working so well right now either. So please keep working on this for ARMA.
Thanks again d :)

Keep up the good work

Now don´t have time to continue with the english support :(

I hope that some day can return :)

q hey are you going to do a new version of this Mod 34? It is one of my favorites. It is ok if it is in Spanish. I just want a new version. My Spanish is very rusty but, I can get by if I need to. HOI3 is no good right now so we still need HOI2 Mods.

So what do you say? Any hope for us fans of your Mod?
Thanks again for all of your hard work.
d :D

What the f---!

q hey are you going to do a new version of this Mod 34? It is one of my favorites. It is ok if it is in Spanish. I just want a new version. My Spanish is very rusty but, I can get by if I need to. HOI3 is no good right now so we still need HOI2 Mods.

So what do you say? Any hope for us fans of your Mod?
Thanks again for all of your hard work.
d :D

q Hi I just read about the new map for this Mod. So I went to get it and I see that they want $4. You have got to be kidding. I read the posts above about paying money for something but, I did not know what they were talking about. Now I know why somebody said that Paradox could sue about it. Needless to say I would like the map but, if someone thinks they are getting $4 from me to download it they can ---- ---. You all can fill in the blanks. I hope you are not personally involved in this.
Thanks again
d :(

I have the new map..
The numbers of new provinces are nice, but the thing is they all are in central europe..
From what I can see, Italy got most new provinces, why they got that, I don't know! There's not a single new province in asia, a place that indeed needs new provinces badly imho..

I have the new map..
The numbers of new provinces are nice, but the thing is they all are in central europe..
From what I can see, Italy got most new provinces, why they got that, I don't know! There's not a single new province in asia, a place that indeed needs new provinces badly imho..

The map is a work in progress - version 1.01 added 250 provinces to China.

France advice needed.

Hi all,

started a game as France and have grave resources problems:

-date 19 July 1935, loosing all resources excpt money and mp.

From the day one I disbanded all lvl 1 naval units, put all army units under
Logistical Wizards(directly or through HQ) and moved all units to Metropolitan France excpt those in Indochine and Djibouti.

I have Liberal Economy and Peacetime industry, 0 dissent.

I loose 13,4 supplies/day. I could allocate upto abt. 9 IC to supply production but I think that as a GP(well, sort of...) I should be able to do at least some other things than support my outdated forces.
BTW, allied supply use is 13,5 and I have not found any allied units on French soil, how come?

As I have deficits in all other raw resources also, increasing supply imports is not an option either.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help...

Regards, Oldtimer

You are doing fine

Hi all,

started a game as France and have grave resources problems:

-date 19 July 1935, loosing all resources excpt money and mp.

From the day one I disbanded all lvl 1 naval units, put all army units under
Logistical Wizards(directly or through HQ) and moved all units to Metropolitan France excpt those in Indochine and Djibouti.

I have Liberal Economy and Peacetime industry, 0 dissent.

I loose 13,4 supplies/day. I could allocate upto abt. 9 IC to supply production but I think that as a GP(well, sort of...) I should be able to do at least some other things than support my outdated forces.
BTW, allied supply use is 13,5 and I have not found any allied units on French soil, how come?

As I have deficits in all other raw resources also, increasing supply imports is not an option either.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help...

Regards, Oldtimer

Hey buddy it is often that way with this Mod in the beginning. Your IC available is real low right now. You have to juggle things for a while until your available IC goes up due to something the Axis does. When it does your production of supplies will go up and you will be able to trade for what you need. The Brits will be a good trade partner as will the US. It is like this for many countries in the beginning if they are allied. So hang on and it will get better. The US is often worse in some mods with little or no production at start. Let me know how it goes and good luck.
d :)

Hi delanonne,

and thx. Late into 1937 I begin to see a little light in the tunnel but I am still not able to build any new units and have no supplies stockpile at all. I only have my starting army and air and a reduced navy.

Did a little upgrading and reinforcing though. Some industry also but no fifth research slot yet. Good too see that in this mod french research team quality is more realistic then in vanilla AFAIR.

But sure, I begin to understand things better now and next France playthrough will not be as frustrating.
This time however, I will have to leave my alliance just before Danzig or War! and backstab the Axis on my own at an appropriate moment.

Very good mod this, BTW.

Regards, Oldtimer

q Hi I just read about the new map for this Mod. So I went to get it and I see that they want $4. You have got to be kidding. I read the posts above about paying money for something but, I did not know what they were talking about. Now I know why somebody said that Paradox could sue about it. Needless to say I would like the map but, if someone thinks they are getting $4 from me to download it they can ---- ---. You all can fill in the blanks. I hope you are not personally involved in this.
Thanks again
d :(
This mod is one of major and most successful mods for HoI2. Mod has significant influence on vast number of HoI2 players, so many of them continued to play game only because of this mod and they still have interest for Paradox WW2 future strategy games cause of this mod, because this mod also gives ideas and encouragement for other mods for HoI2, and for HoI3 future mods as well.

So, it's not simple black or white situation. All people who worked/contributed for this mod actually gave favor to Paradox, by promoting HoI2 game by all means. It would be "self-discounting" to sue someone who promotes your own game. So, if Paradox didn't comment about this, why some of you bother?

Quintelosky and all contributors, thank you very much for your great mod. ;)

This mod is one of major and most successful mods for HoI2. Mod has significant influence on vast number of HoI2 players, so many of them continued to play game only because of this mod and they still have interest for Paradox WW2 future strategy games cause of this mod, because this mod also gives ideas and encouragement for other mods for HoI2, and for HoI3 future mods as well.

So, it's not simple black or white situation. All people who worked/contributed for this mod actually gave favor to Paradox, by promoting HoI2 game by all means. It would be "self-discounting" to sue someone who promotes your own game. So, if Paradox didn't comment about this, why some of you bother?

Quintelosky and all contributors, thank you very much for your great mod. ;)
Hey P I will tell you why I bother. I have been playing HoI 1,2 and 3 plus many other Paradox games since they first came out. I was a lurker on this board long before I joined in 04. I like these games and I like these Mods. Mod34 is one of my favorites. This is the first time that anyone has tried to charge me money for their Mod. I always thought that they were done out of love for the game. I know they are an incredible amount of work. It is not the measly $4. It is the idea of trying to make money off of other gamers that I do not like. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it. You are entitled to yours. Have you bought the map for $4? It is not finished yet. You asked and here is my answer.
d

Hey P I will tell you why I bother. I have been playing HoI 1,2 and 3 plus many other Paradox games since they first came out. I was a lurker on this board long before I joined in 04. I like these games and I like these Mods. Mod34 is one of my favorites. This is the first time that anyone has tried to charge me money for their Mod. I always thought that they were done out of love for the game. I know they are an incredible amount of work. It is not the measly $4. It is the idea of trying to make money off of other gamers that I do not like. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it. You are entitled to yours. Have you bought the map for $4? It is not finished yet. You asked and here is my answer.
d
You do not have to pay for mod, or for the game for that matter. No one will punish you or hurt you if you do not play mod/game anymore. Games are also not sold in perfect state (HoI3 for example), so unfinished map does not mean mod or game is not worth of money. My question was, if I wasn't clear - why some of you are bothered with reactions of Paradox? Leave it to Paradox to take care for themselves.

As for money issues, unfortunately despite of all modern technologies, we are all still slaves of paper or digits in computers and plastic cards which represents money, and many of us in this world's financial crisis have difficulties how to create money for food alone, not to mention for drink with girl, which means some of us do things which we did not even dream to do, just to create somehow ANY money. So, little more understanding and acceptance for each other can help us all, simply because we will all feel better if we are understood and accepted. :)

Peace ;)

You do not have to pay for mod, or for the game for that matter. No one will punish you or hurt you if you do not play mod/game anymore. Games are also not sold in perfect state (HoI3 for example), so unfinished map does not mean mod or game is not worth of money. My question was, if I wasn't clear - why some of you are bothered with reactions of Paradox? Leave it to Paradox to take care for themselves.

As for money issues, unfortunately despite of all modern technologies, we are all still slaves of paper or digits in computers and plastic cards which represents money, and many of us in this world's financial crisis have difficulties how to create money for food alone, not to mention for drink with girl, which means some of us do things which we did not even dream to do, just to create somehow ANY money. So, little more understanding and acceptance for each other can help us all, simply because we will all feel better if we are understood and accepted. :)

Peace ;)
Hey brother I hear you. I have not had a good job since 2006. I have had a lot of crap jobs. I had to leave the country to find a place and job where I could live well. I am old. I try to have a lot of understanding for everyone. Take care,
d - Peace to you also.

Hi guys! After som timeI have returned to HoI2, and of course, mod34! I played a game as Germany, then another as Japan. All went fine. But.... now I attempted to play as the US and a problem occured. It seems I produce almost NO RESOURCES at all. My energy is -280 per day and I only produce 16! What is the problem? My metal and rare materials are also going negative, like -100 and -50 per day.

Anyone else suffered from the same issue?? :confused: