+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 78 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 128 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3231

Thread: Mod 34 : Revolutions!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions

I'm afraid I won't be able to produce enough supplies, and even if I would, then I won't be able to trade them - there seems to be a lack of resources in the world (even USA and USSR don't produce enough...)
    Reached a verge of total defeat in Fine Feats with Finland Succession Game (And returned. Nothing really special)
    Proposed a heretic Italian State in Serpents in Lombardian Paradise Succession Game (Forget the pope - Cathedral of Pure Faith rocks!)
    The Lion's Tale - Bulgaria in World War I
    Полоцкая летопись - Tale of the descendants of Rogvolod, prince of Polotsk (finished in mid XIII century due to LoR coming out)
    Children of the Foreign Blood - Lux Invcta Arabo-Slavic campaign (ended in XIII century due to savegame crash after Steam update)
    Recieved The First Cookie for Services to Syndicalism! on March 11th, 2010, yay!

Trouble with running Mod 34

Hey guys,
    Love Mod-34. I've been playing it for ages. I bought a new comp with Windows Vista. I'm finding that installing mod-34 isn't going well. It crashes every time I try a scenario.
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
    Thanks
    GG

my crashing problems

I can be emailed at ggclassic@gmail.com if you have any ideas
    thanks
    GG

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ggclassic View Post
    I can be emailed at ggclassic@gmail.com if you have any ideas
    thanks
    GG
    Dont give your email in public, very risky... Try disabling the UAC controle.. It might help.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Or at least do it so that it's not hyperlinked.
    In Canonized's Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?, awarded 20 points for pointing out the centrifuge used at one point; identified a cell phone; detected the inspiration for a bounty hunter; inspired a Cube scene and given 30 points for a Star Wars reference.
    Solved (with help from Davout) Canonized's Puzzle Plates Challenge
    Fan of the week August 24, 2008.
    Given 20,000 cookies by Maj. von Mauser.
    Has two ships named after him in DvD-IT's Das war ein Befehl! and a carrier in TRP's The Channel Pact
    Awarded the Pizza of Iron, First Class, in Kurt Steiner's Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the world?
    Won a Cookie of GLORY in Alexus' Impo- Difficult Victory: A Japan Mod34 VE/A AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross

Hyperlinked or not doesn't matter. Anything resembling an email address will be harvested. Even several combinations of email at place dot com would get correctly harvested these days. The programs aren't that hard to obtain or operate.

The good news is you're only in for more spam as a result.

BUL DOW Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ggclassic View Post
    Hey guys,
    Love Mod-34. I've been playing it for ages. I bought a new comp with Windows Vista. I'm finding that installing mod-34 isn't going well. It crashes every time I try a scenario.
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
    Thanks
    GG
    I have just discovered MOD34. I have Vista too, but I never had any problem loading the mod - so I cannot help with your issue personally, but I can tell that the Mod does work with Vista.

On another note, in my latest MOD34 game, I was playing GER, with HUN, ITA & ROM as allies. I was gradually crunching my way through FRA - AUG 1940 when out of the blue, BUL with whom I was increasing alignment, , DOWed HUN & ROM. What was really scary was that ROM & HUN dropped out of the Axis and signed up for a NAP with the Allies until 1942.!?!?!

Visit this link, #1623, here for more detail:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...313755&page=82

Meanwhile, I had been visiting the mod site at PI and came across the CDCP Mod. These guys have been sifting through the code for misspellings, bad links, and other dodgy stuff. Lo and behold - they had come across the same problem. They nailed down the problem, and then rewrote the code -- they have fixed the BUL DOW issue.

Since then, I have applied their CDCP patch -- and reinstalled the MOD34 code -- Bingo -- it has fixed the problem!!

Has anyone else out there had this problem turn up??

Hope that "Q" gets this message -- love this mod, I especially like the discovery of new resources, and the builds of new power stations etc. I must admit my research effort is down to 23%, so I have yet to find out how to fix this issue.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers
    Last edited by The Albatross; 17-12-2008 at 14:46.

- Winston Churchill

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonIron Cross

Blog Entries
    Hi everybody

I don't have Vista, but exists some problems to apply correctly the notimelimit patch. I can't help us in this problema, but some of the problems have a solution with a installation in other directory. Sorry, but I hate Vista

I will correct some bugs for the next version (liberate natios, ministers before 1934, hun-rom-bul events,...) I'm working in that, now I'm gathering the bugs and problems.

Thanks for all, I read this thread and fix the bugs

A New HOI2 Expansion

El perfeccionamiento traza caminos rectos; pero los torcidos y sin perfeccionar son los caminos del genio.

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

does this mod work with the BIP mod?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=385898

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpi View Post
    does this mod work with the BIP mod?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=385898
    Need some changes to work in mod34, but I can't guarantee that works fine

You need edit db\events_34.txt and add a new line
    event = "db\events\brazil.txt"

Good lock, I will review this mod to add some changes

A New HOI2 Expansion

El perfeccionamiento traza caminos rectos; pero los torcidos y sin perfeccionar son los caminos del genio.

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius

Sergeant
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Macintosh

I am having some problems. I use Macintosh. I downloaded the latest Macintosh version of the mod but, after the scenario loads when I attempt to start the game, the date refuses to advance - it freezes and crashes.

Any ideas?

fff

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by fortunesfavorit View Post
    I am having some problems. I use Macintosh. I downloaded the latest Macintosh version of the mod but, after the scenario loads when I attempt to start the game, the date refuses to advance - it freezes and crashes.
    If you try to start before 1936 you will likely have problems due to the lack of a 'no time limit' mod for the MacOS version. I don't know of anyone doing the equivalent of .exe hacks on the MacOS.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Blog Entries

Any ideas?

fff
    I have one question for you : The installer for Mac works fine ?

Well, the problem is the notimelimit for Mac (don't exists a notimelimit patch for hoi2 mac, this is the major problem). In some days I will upload the new 0.70 mod34 Mac version

A New HOI2 Expansion

Emperador de España Sgt. Optimus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3500k club

Can someone explain me why those Standard anexation events keep popping up?

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, this is not a bug, just a workaround to allow units statistics upgrade.

Sergeant
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Macintosh

The "no time limit" situation is a problem I have repeatedly with a number of the mods. Do you know of a manual fix for the problem? Something I can tweak as a work around? It would sure help.

The installer works just fine. No problem there.

Thanks.

fff

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

The "no time limit" situation is a problem I have repeatedly with a number of the mods. Do you know of a manual fix for the problem? Something I can tweak as a work around? It would sure help.
    The only workaround would be to run Windows. There's no way to start in 1934 without modifying the executable and no one has posted any info on how to do that on MacOS yet (for any Paradox game going back 6+ years, not just HoI2).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

That isn't totally true jdrou. All the time extension mods revolve around hex-editing the Paradox executable, and I would be extremely surprised if there was no way to do that in MacOS. The hard work would be in trawling through the old threads to find what you're looking for and what to change it to. IIRC the original time extension mod for EU2, the one which was bundled with the Mongolian scenario, was originally just instructions on which values to change and only put into an exe after people complained that hex-editing was too hard. I'm also reasonably sure that the time extension mod for HoI1 was released the same way.

fortunesfavorit, does WINE work on MacOS? If it does, perhaps try running the NTL exe through that.

Emperador de España Sgt. Optimus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3500k club

I was playing with Yugoslavia, I was pissing in pants waiting for Tripartite Pact to pop up so I can get my ass handed on a platter, April went by, so did May, June, July... nothing?

Is it a bug or did I miss something?

Marvelous mod by the way!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Optimus View Post
    I was playing with Yugoslavia, I was pissing in pants waiting for Tripartite Pact to pop up so I can get my ass handed on a platter, April went by, so did May, June, July... nothing?

Is it a bug or did I miss something?

Marvelous mod by the way!
    Hi

You need wait to the greek-italian war (october 1940), because this war was the excuse to take yugoslavia.

A New HOI2 Expansion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 78 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 128 153 ... LastLast