+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 162 FirstFirst ... 14 39 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 89 114 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3231

Thread: Mod 34 : Revolutions!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Pride of Nations

oil problems

I think i found the cause of the oil surplus in this mod (0.4). The industrial energy to oil conversion rate starts out at 0.1 and slowly increases to 4 with research. This is backwards. According to hoi2wiki a 0.1 conversion ratio gives 10 oil for 1 energy while a 4 conversion ratio gives 4 energy for 1 oil. So as your army becomes more modern (through industry) and consumes more oil, less oil is being produced, is this WAD? I just reversed the ratios on the industry tech file for this, though I haven't tested it yet.

comments anyone?

ps kudos on an excellent mod

ggm
    from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my Last breath at thee
    Herman Melville Moby Dick Alas, poor Yorick!--I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rises at it. William Shakespeare Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Pride of Nations

error

in my game as germany in late 1942 i get an error loading the game which says there is a duplicate event type 4712 id 505417 and type 4712 id 505066.

does anybody know how to fix this?

ggm
    from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my Last breath at thee
    Herman Melville Moby Dick Alas, poor Yorick!--I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rises at it. William Shakespeare Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by ggm
    I think i found the cause of the oil surplus in this mod (0.4). The industrial energy to oil conversion rate starts out at 0.1 and slowly increases to 4 with research. This is backwards. According to hoi2wiki a 0.1 conversion ratio gives 10 oil for 1 energy while a 4 conversion ratio gives 4 energy for 1 oil. So as your army becomes more modern (through industry) and consumes more oil, less oil is being produced, is this WAD? I just reversed the ratios on the industry tech file for this, though I haven't tested it yet.
    The original settings are correct (at least for DD - don't know about Armageddon). Energy-to-oil conversion always produces the same amount of oil. The only difference is the amount of energy consumed. A ratio of 0.1 means that 10 energy will be consumed per oil unit; a ratio of 0.4 means 2.5 energy will be consumed.

The problem lies elsewhere (and Q is aware of it and is reworking some numbers).

---

I don't know why the duplicate event error appeared. I probably wouldn't be able to solve the problem if it happened to me, but (if it was fatal) I'd look for those numbers in the savefile, and then do a search in the savefile for the names of the event files in which the duplicate event IDs appear ("aleator_jap.txt" is a possibility). More than that I cant say.
    Most recent AAR: "The Cobras are Smoking!" : A Tale of Brazil (Writer of the week, AAR showcase, Favorite AAR)

Reader comments:
    "Hell, I rarely read AARs at all, but yours caught my eye and since yesterday I've read it from the beginning. Awesome job! Top-class writing, good sense of humour and "humane" approach which shows, that pros also make mistakes, makes it a great read!" --Theocide

First Lieutenant
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

Air Leader's command limits

First off, this is a great mod. Once I get used to the tech tree, I'm sure it'll be the version I play the most.
    One thing I don't like, tho, is the change in number of units that air leaders can command. This has 2/6/12/16 rather than, what is the vanilla...4/12/16/24? But, the 4 per stack seems to be hardcoded, so now the leaders don't match the number of units, like hotdogs and buns.
    I've decided I want my version back the old way, so
    What/where is the name of the file and parameter(s) that control air leader command limits?

Thanks!

First Lieutenant
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch1st
    What/where is the name of the file and parameter(s) that control air leader command limits?
    Found it, db\misc.txt.
    And the vanilla limits are 4/8/16/24.

Despite getting an error when applying the no time limit patch, I'm still able to play. Will I encounter any problems when playing the mod without properly applying the patch?

Also, why isn't Stalin at least of state in the USSR in the game?

Playing as JAP, I have created Imperial China (large puppet including former Manchukuo which therefore no more exists).
    The event "Recognition of Manchukuo" has fired. It should check if MAN still exists.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by John_Chrichton
    Also, why isn't Stalin at least of state in the USSR in the game?
    it has something to do with offices. Stalin might have been the one controling all, but the offices themselves where held by other people. Stalin will appear in 1941 during german invasion
    this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vyacheslav_Molotov and this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier...e_Soviet_Union should explain it

the soviet system was different than usual. the most power was held by the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, but HoS equivalent was called Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and HoG equivalent was called Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars.
    Last edited by telesien; 31-05-2008 at 11:11.
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Eternal leader of all Ducks The Great Duck's Avatar

I think having Stalin as HoG is more correct,as although Molotov de jure has held the position,Stalin was the one who had most of the power.
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Agnostic/Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Moralism/Jingoism
    Mods and projects that need your attention:Modern Day Scenario-Cold War-Kaiserreich-1914-Mod33-E3 Project-Whites and Reds-Arms and Amistice
    Support the Unified HoI3 historical mod initiative!-Wote for my AAR in the HOI3 AAR contest!
    Me on Youtube
    The new leader of mankind!

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Duck
    I think having Stalin as HoG is more correct,as although Molotov de jure has held the position,Stalin was the one who had most of the power.
    i see it, that the de jure view should be implemented here. when you start to think of it, you are de facto Stalin when you play USSR. the allmighty figure without position in cabinet
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

Quote Originally Posted by telesien
    i see it, that the de jure view should be implemented here. when you start to think of it, you are de facto Stalin when you play USSR. the allmighty figure without position in cabinet

That is true, but Stalin also frequently held several ministerial positions, he could be placed in those. Although it would look even stranger if Stalin was Interior Minister and someone else was head of Government and yet another individual was Head of State.

Also, did anyone else have the run time 70 error when applying the no time limit patch? I'm still able to play. Will this create problems in the future?

Recruit

just wanted to know :
    whats the difference about mod 34 scenario and mod 34 "light" scenario?

Eternal leader of all Ducks The Great Duck's Avatar

Light has less events.
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Agnostic/Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Moralism/Jingoism
    Mods and projects that need your attention:Modern Day Scenario-Cold War-Kaiserreich-1914-Mod33-E3 Project-Whites and Reds-Arms and Amistice
    Support the Unified HoI3 historical mod initiative!-Wote for my AAR in the HOI3 AAR contest!
    Me on Youtube
    The new leader of mankind!

Second Lieutenant
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2Rome Gold
    Semper FiMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by alan_le_cowboy
    Playing as JAP, I have created Imperial China (large puppet including former Manchukuo which therefore no more exists).
    The event "Recognition of Manchukuo" has fired. It should check if MAN still exists.
    How do you do that ? is it an event after you defeated china ? or do you need to kill of Manchukuo first before invading china ?

Suddenly there just pops up all these resources in Mogadishu, for some reason. I noticed the same happening when playing Japan (but no in Mogadishu ofc). Why is this?

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sjukov

Suddenly there just pops up all these resources in Mogadishu, for some reason. I noticed the same happening when playing Japan (but no in Mogadishu ofc). Why is this?
    puppet giving you his excess resources? it is usually this. or capturing supply depot?

It's definitivly not that I have captured a supply depot. Atleast it shouldn't. It's 2-3 months since I annexed and liberated ethiopia. But Im not sure if its the puppet giving me resources either, couse ethiopia shouldnt have managed to accumulate so much resources in these 2-3months either..

mod 34 light

Quote Originally Posted by Xantes
    just wanted to know :
    whats the difference about mod 34 scenario and mod 34 "light" scenario?
    I noticed that my comp slowed down quickly on Mod 34 but operates well on Mod 34 light. Of course I doubt know much about how each mod is designed but that difference I have noted.
    GG

thanks

I wanted to quickly drop a note and say thank you to the developers, I have tried nearly every mod and this one is clearly the best. Great balence, tech trees, events, everything. Great job

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Not sure if it has been said but:

Later versions of submarines have up to 20km firing distance and are thus able to reliably outrange most destroyers. This is neither realistic nor fun and needs a change.

I suggest setting fire distance of all submarine models to 5km to fix the problem.

Or is this intended as some abstract way to representat destroyer detections vs sub stealth?
    If so I can add that the AI isn't doing very well and need this help :P If not they need to be told to research & build better destroyers in face of sub-war
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 162 FirstFirst ... 14 39 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 89 114 139 ... LastLast