• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Adamc1776 said:
Pizza with snails? Sorry I have an allergy... now if there is a frog leg pizza I could be talke into that, they realy do taste like chicken.

Snails in pizza ? Hmmm...could be worth a shot, actually. Frog legs I'll definitely have to try out at my favourite dining place someday.

Snails aren't that bad, but I wouldn't call it tasty.. While talking of weird dishes I have also eaten Sea urchin. That's probably the most exiting dishes I've had. I have eaten elk heart though, not that many have done that.

I thought the main taste of snails was whatever sauce they were cooked in. That and the taste of rubber obviously.

Van der Gent, I'll see your Elks Heart and raise you one Reindeer casserole and one fresh Zebra.

El Pip said:
Van der Gent, I'll see your Elks Heart and raise you one Reindeer casserole and one fresh Zebra.
Reindeer's exotic :confused:
Eitherway, I raise you some smoked boar.

Atlantic Friend said:
Snails in pizza ? Hmmm...could be worth a shot, actually. Frog legs I'll definitely have to try out at my favourite dining place someday.
What does that mean you haven't tried them yet? For the love of god you're Fench! :D

Eams said:
Reindeer's exotic :confused:
It is everywhere outside the frozen north. :D

Exotic is only code for 'far away', so reindeer is very exotic for people in the southern hemisphere.

El Pip said:
I thought the main taste of snails was whatever sauce they were cooked in. That and the taste of rubber obviously.

O, I've actually tasted "slices of reindeer meat" (As "renskav" is called in english :p ). I have also eaten ham made from wild boar. Although no Zebra. :(

El Pip said:
It is everywhere outside the frozen north. :D

Exotic is only code for 'far away', so reindeer is very exotic for people in the southern hemisphere.
Bah, we import ostridges! But only to give our scientists the chance to interbreed them with reindeers, earning them a Nobel prize and us a new exciting type of meat.
Van der Gent, lets get together and break into a zoo, we can't let the Brit win!

Eams said:
Van der Gent, lets get together and break into a zoo, we can't let the Brit win!

Yes, Ölands Djurpark would be closest for me. Are you with me? ;)

trekaddict said:
What does that mean you haven't tried them yet? For the love of god you're Fench! :D

I know - a disgrace, really. Maybe I'll try this week-end.

In the meanwhile, the next update is being written (15% done so far). I make no promises for this week-end, but it'll definitely be up in a few days.

Van der Gent said:
Yes, Ölands Djurpark would be closest for me. Are you with me? ;)
I'll let you know next time I'm in the neighbourhood :cool:
Atlantic Friend, are you going to do anything with the death of Ataturk? It seems as if a powerstruggle between different factions of turkish society (the military, communists and what have you) would be right up your driveway.

Eams said:
I'll let you know next time I'm in the neighbourhood :cool:
Atlantic Friend, are you going to do anything with the death of Ataturk? It seems as if a powerstruggle between different factions of turkish society (the military, communists and what have you) would be right up your driveway.

I am indeed going to pay Ankara another visit, if only to make those pesky Turkish politicos stop using my driveway.Or at least pay me some rent. :D

Atlantic Friend said:
[Game effects :

None, I just wanted to shed a little more light upon the situation in Czechoslovakia.

Few corrections:

1) Masaryk was dead at the time Munich conference took place
2) Syrový
3) Hácha was a Czech, not Slovak. Tiso was the leader of Slovak separatists.

Great story anyway :)

Atlantic Friend said:
I am indeed going to pay Ankara another visit, if only to make those pesky Turkish politicos stop using my driveway.Or at least pay me some rent. :D
Good, the I won't have vote on it as the setting of choice for your next non-european, non-american update :)

Winner said:
Few corrections:

1) Masaryk was dead at the time Munich conference took place
2) Syrový
3) Hácha was a Czech, not Slovak. Tiso was the leader of Slovak separatists.

Great story anyway :)

1) Oops, I either mixed up Tomas and Jan Masaryk or failed to clarify I was using the son in my Czechoslovakia's Cabinet. I was annoyed by the game's tendency to appoint dead Ministers and generals and thought Masaryk the younger could do the trick.

2) I'll make the necessary corrections - the poor Field-Marshall is already suffering from all kinds of abuse in my fictitious timeline. :(

3) See 2) above - and on top of it I'm going to cover my head in ashes for having fallen for THAT one mistake :eek:o . Next thing you know I'll have Chamberlain become the Prime Minister of Sweden, and Daladier will be King of Switzerland. :wacko:

Thanks for the corrections !

Atlantic Friend said:
1) Oops, I either mixed up Tomas and Jan Masaryk or failed to clarify I was using the son in my Czechoslovakia's Cabinet. I was annoyed by the game's tendency to appoint dead Ministers and generals and thought Masaryk the younger could do the trick.

2) I'll make the necessary corrections - the poor Field-Marshall is already suffering from all kinds of abuse in my fictitious timeline. :(

3) See 2) above - and on top of it I'm going to cover my head in ashes for having fallen for THAT one mistake :eek:o . Next thing you know I'll have Chamberlain become the Prime Minister of Sweden, and Daladier will be King of Switzerland. :wacko:

Thanks for the corrections !

Oh that's OK, with the number of characters you mentioned in your AAR, it's no wonder that few get mixed up. Hácha was the president of the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren, without any real power. Tiso was the president of the Slovak state and he was a puppet to the Germans as well.

Interesting info about that German secret ops in Czechoslovakia, BTW.

Van der Gent said:
Snails aren't that bad, but I wouldn't call it tasty.. While talking of weird dishes I have also eaten Sea urchin. That's probably the most exiting dishes I've had. I have eaten elk heart though, not that many have done that.

Actualy I loved the taste... and hated the hives I broke out into about an hour latter. :wacko:

We'll confine ourselves to the town square and stay away from castles on clifftops then XD