+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Cheeses of France MP Game

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

The Big Cheeses of France MP Game

Ok folks, here's the thread. I just used the first title suggested by Fas for the name - if a vote decides to change it, so be it. Now, does someone a little more organized than myself want to take over and start listing the duchies and their respective players?
    Duke Erik the Ill-Fated in The Norseman Cometh: The Great MP Experience thread, AAR

Great Scots! 900 Years of Scottish HistAARy on hold, The Taming of the North in progress

The Great Cheeses of France MP Game thread, diplomacy board, AAR.

THE BIG CHEESES OF FRANCE MP GAME
    Vive le France! Vive roi CSK

Code:
    Fasquardon                  Aragon
    Manstein	            away
    Ganso	                    Currently ousted from power
    Okawoa	                    Anjou
    Empyrean	            Fixing connection
    Melle                       Bugundy
    CSK/Shuma                   France

First Session: Finish
    Second Session: Finish
    Third Session: Finish
    Fourth Session: Finish
    Fifth Session: Finish
    Sixth Session: Finish
    Seventh Session: Newyears
    Eighth Session: Finish
    Ninth Session: Not played
    Tenth Session: Today: 4PM

The game begins at 16:00 GMT on Saturdays
    You need the Improvment pack, HERE  is the link
    Thanks to Fas
    Rules & Recommendations:

Part (1) - stability of the game and the players.

i) Re-hosts & starting:

a) We will wait for no more than 5 minutes after game start (by the host's watch) for players to arrive, or until we have at least three players. If you aren't here by then, tough cookies. Likewise, we will not wait more than 10 minutes before re-starting the game after a crash. For those who are on time, there will be a cookie of one month's income.

b) Do not select your state before the host.

c) Do not leave the game set-up if someone is downloading.

d) Do not go afk without warning. Try to avoid unnecessary afks. When going afk, an estimated time for your absence would be appreciated. Remember to say when you are back.

e) Do not alt-tab away from CK.

f) If the game is being really unstable, don't take out your frustration on other players, we're gonna be as pissed as you.

g) If a player crashes, the game is rehosted at the start of the next year unless he is in war in which case an immediate rehost.

h) If you know you will be away for a game session, either find yourself a sub, or accept that you will be AI'd.

ii) While the game is running:

a) When the game starts, say "in". Do absolutely nothing with the mouse until the host tells everybody "start". If you click on *anything* before everybody has joined, the game might crash. You *may* chat with others, including private-messages, but as everybody is reporting in, your message might go unnoticed in the plethora of messages.

b) Do not go afk without warning. Try to avoid unnecessary afks. When going afk, an estimated time for your absence would be appreciated. Remember to say when you are back.

c) Do not alt-tab away from CK.

d) DO NOT PAUSE. If you urgently need to get the game paused, ask the host to pause. If the host is temporally AFK or is not able to see your messages, then pause until the situation is cleared with the host. While paused, make sure someone is still manipulating the game.

e) Let a few seconds pass before accepting an annexation offer.

f) Remember to be courteous at all times when speaking out of character. In-character insults are, of course, part of the game.

g) It helps if CK is the only program running, particularly when you are the host. Also, it helps to de-fragment your hard-disk regularly.

Part (2) - game play considerations.

i) Avoiding gamey-ness:

a) We encourage roleplaying. Try to get into the headspace of your ruler, rather than doing things just because they will increase your power.

b) To prevent pagan bashing, you are permitted one DOW against a pagan or Moslem per ruler lifetime. You can not save up these DOWs. If your ruler has the Crusader trait, you are given one extra DOW. In addition, it is always permissible to declare war on the owner of the current Crusade target. If a Moslem DOWs your ally, or vice-versa, you are permitted to respond; but you are not allowed to go above your DOW limit to help out a human player who is not your formal ally. Let the aggressor beware! This is intended to keep the Moslems as a viable threat for some way into the game. In order to help enforce these rules, it would be much appreciated if everyone would put "New King" and "Pagan/Moslem DOW" in the chat when these things occur.

c) Players shall not assassinate courtiers inside their own court without stating a good in-character reason to do so first. It is forbidden to assassinate characters inside your court just for reducing badboy.

All rules may be changed according to the will of the majority of the players.

Europe Anno Domini
    Last edited by Okawoa; 20-01-2007 at 13:21.
    SPARTENOS, Princes of Sicily
    [I]was...
    King Of Sicily Anyone for a multiplayer game?

"At some point after Ill Communication came out, Mike got hit in the head by a large foreign object and lost all of his memory. As it started coming back he believed he was a country singer named Country Mike. The psychologists told us that if we didn't play along with Mike's fantasy, he would be in grave danger. Finally he came back to his senses. These songs are just a few of many we made during that tragic period of time" Adam "MCA" Yauch of Beastie boys

Wow I didn't see this and have been posting in the other one, thanks CSK. I have decided to be Anjou if someone would be kind to whack the duke for me Of course I'll pay .

Hi guys well i was wondering if a spot was open for me to join you?!
    I can be Burgundy!

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    What's this "Anjou, Gascony, Flandres" nonsense? You need to decide who is going to be Camembert, Roquefort, Brie de Melun!
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka

Har har.

On topic, so far we have:

Fasquardon (Duchy of Gascony - needs to be split from Aquitaine)
    Manstein (undecided...)
    Ganso (Flandres)
    Okawoa (Britanny - as vassal of the french King)
    Empyrean (Anjou)
    Melle ( Burgundy)

which leaves

- Duchy of Aquitaine
    - Duchy of Poitou
    - Duchy of Champagne
    - Duchy of Toulouse
    Other:
    - Duchy of Normandy (must be vassal of the king of France)

Also, I think everybody is still using the standard mod combination of the last game, SMACK+BOPACK+IP2b, the Shuma-made ready to use package here: http://fpad.filefront.com/?http://fi...m//;5955447;;/
    Modern Gaming is like buying a book you can only read after they release some missing pages a couple of months later.
    Winner of the "Most Likely to Become a Highwayman" Award of 2012

Great! Well how long do you guys useally play each session?

Depends really; we once played like, I dunno, 4-5 hours me thinks, I was pretty wasted that time, har har.
    Modern Gaming is like buying a book you can only read after they release some missing pages a couple of months later.

Okej Well i don't mind playng for 4-5 hours!

Well I don't think any of us do. Well as long I have a bottle of Bourbon I could go on for a very long time of course if your underage then you can't use my solution.

I think i will handle it any way! *I Hope*

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hell, throw me in for Normandy. Shouldn't take long for my loyalty to drop low enough to make the switch. If it goes wrong though, I hope you just don't throw me to the English dogs
    Duke Erik the Ill-Fated in The Norseman Cometh: The Great MP Experience thread, AAR

Great Scots! 900 Years of Scottish HistAARy on hold, The Taming of the North in progress

The Great Cheeses of France MP Game thread, diplomacy board, AAR.

Well, i'm waiting on Fas now, I had an "appointment" with him this afternoon but I had a family emergency... hope he posts here tomorrow.

I sent you a PM about that Ganso...

I thought we were switching to vanilla events? To see if it improved stability.

fasquardon
    Was:
    Velikii Kniaz of Ruskaya in AfaMG Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    King of Navarra in tBCoF: Thread, Diplomacy, AAR.
    Shahanshah of Sakartvelo in TWBW: Thread, AAR.
    Propheteocrat of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in TWBW - In the Balance: Thread, AAR.
    Tyrannos of the Second Republic of Rome, High Speaker of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in ARoW: AAR
    deToulouse Emperor of West Rome in CotF AAR
    Is:
    MweneKongo in DoG

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    this sounds like it would be great, if the time and my connection work out.

i tried joining a game with oka and fas but it kept disconnecting - i've since found out turning off music and some other things helps avoid d/c, if it was on my end.

i don't want to disrupt your actual game if it's just China's great firewall, but what time would you be playing (beijing time, if you want to do the conversion )? and would anyone have a moment to try a quick match just to see if i can stay stable?

j.
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . John of Salisbury
    ˚ ſ ‽ ≈ ≠

My Inkwell

@Llywelyn: Beijing is at GMT +8 which means that the game would run right about.... midnight. ( 24.00 (12.AM) ).

@Fasquardon: yeah, but for some reason I couldn't send back an answer, I kept getting a server error. Sorry mate, had a family emergency, couldn't be there.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband

In the other thread CSK offered to sub for me this session if I want to play from the next one. Well, I would like to play so CSK if you're still around, take control of Tulouse for me

EDIT: Also, what are the game settings? I'd really suggest very hard, so that we don't get a lot of claims easily. As for the heathen attacking rules, I suggest we steal the ones from the URR game.
    CK AARs:

The Rise of Dalmatians (current), a 1187 Duchy of Dalmatia AAR (BACK SOON!)
    - Co-winner of Favorite New Writer in the AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q3
    - WritAAR of the Week - Oct. 22, 2006

Well we should make it clear if were going to have vanilla or mods. so when we play all of us know instead of a couple of us with mods and the rest vanilla or vice versa.
    Shuma whats URR? Never heard of it. If you or anyone else could just clarify that would be great.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Well as it seems people want to go for stability, then probably best to play 1.05 + Improvement Pack 2 and thats it. By URR I mean Ultima Ratio Regnum which is a multiplayer game currently going on. They have a rule that you can declare war on a heathen once per ruler's lifetime, or twice if he has the crusader trait. Something like that.
    CK AARs:

The Rise of Dalmatians (current), a 1187 Duchy of Dalmatia AAR (BACK SOON!)
    - Co-winner of Favorite New Writer in the AARland Choice AwAARds 2006 Q3
    - WritAAR of the Week - Oct. 22, 2006

Alright cool thanks. That sounds like a good idea for me at least. I wouldn't mind just using the IP2 as long as it improves stability. Also stealing URR rule doesn't sound so bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast