• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There won't be a dev diary this week as Johan is kinda busy at the moment. Sorry.

oh that was quick :D ok I'll hope there will be one next week then ;)

Looks nice!

P.S. I need a new game. Please release soon. Thank you. :D

I'd prefer an AAR.
It's only couple of months before the release.

Duuk said:
Exploration and colonization is a huge disappointment for me.

In addition, my main fear on the "colonies switch hands without peace" is that the AI won't grasp when it's winning or losing a war. In CK it's nearly impossible to make peace with the AI religious enemies because the provinces change hands and thus don't impact warscore. It results in the annhilation of the muslims and byzantines early and often.

Well said. However this DD only seems to address colonization, so Johan's statement doesn't necessarily mean that exploration has been changed.

Paul The Great said:
its historicly accurate, i mean the dutch lost Ceylon and New york without a real peace offer. The english just took those colonies.

Fair enough, but that's not the concern that most have expressed. The problem is with EUIII as a game, & the question is whether the AI will be able to handle this. It is always a possible problem, that a feature, which is added, in itself, as a step toward a more realistic simulation, will, in play, lead to a less historical game because of exploits & AI limits.

my question is really whether these is much point to burning a colony? if you can seize the ownership of a colony through warfare without actually having to negotiate the peace treaty?

i burnt trade posts in EU2 only to be able to colonize the territories myself later, but now i dont have to if i keep the territories

Ladislav said:
my question is really whether these is much point to burning a colony? if you can seize the ownership of a colony through warfare without actually having to negotiate the peace treaty?
If you don't expect to be able to hold the colony you can burn it, thus depriving your enemy of it.