• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gen. Skobelev said:
Nice. I hope the Ai will be intelligent enough to protect its colonies, otherwise it will be too easy to eliminate competitors from New World..
Or to conquire all colonies in one war that will end with white peace for example...

And what about a revolt risk in that uncolonised place? Is this a probability of having a new country?

Johan said:
the new registration system is now ready

Pleas tell me more big Johan, pretty pleas :p

nagoya_canuck said:
Super cool, any time you have the time for a diary entry you know there are people who appreciate it greatly. Its just looking awsome, that shot of Russia is so close to Japan, personally I would love to see how Japan is organised this time around...

When I saw the screen shot I got my hopes so far up for a screenshot of Japan. Oh well... Maybe next time.

Either way awesome map update.

I think it's all coming along nicely, Johan :)

Some of the little touches are nice as well, such as the artwork on the first screenshot, like the anchor and the fish and stuff.

I also love how you've managed to drop from +1 to -3 stability in a mere 16 days :p

Next week? We've had a lot of interest in Japan and India, so one of those, but as Burgundy, so I can see their lovely CoA :D

All looks very nice!

Thank you Johan very interesting once again!!By the way very cool of you to ask people what they want to see in the diary.So with that in mind I was wondering if next week you could explain us how the historicals events gonna
work there been a lot of talk going on lately so I think I would not be the only one to appreciate. :D :D

Again great job I can wait to get my hand on it!!

Carewolf2 said:
People who can't defend it.
Hmm..But it'd still be useful for a few months??Isn't it???Also the badboy.. :confused:

edit:300th post!!!!Yeah!!!! :cool: :D :rofl: :eek: :) :p :eek: :wacko:

I know I'm a smileyaholic :rofl:

Last edited:
KuzuX said:
Hmm..But it'd still be useful for a few months??Isn't it???Also the badboy.. :confused:
And then your enemy would get it back, better to burn it then.
Besides, you might like to start with a fresh colony, all your own culture and religion

Registered said:
And then your enemy would get it back, better to burn it then.
Besides, you might like to start with a fresh colony, all your own culture and religion
Yeah..Your own culture and religion...That sounds sensible.. :D

You can also seize a colony immediately during a war, which makes it yours permanent directly without waiting for a peace negotiation.
That seems way too easy to exploit, and risks turning North America into Ireland circa 1430 in most EUII games. :(

the new options of plundering/seizing colonies could be very fun if the AI is able to use it not only defensively but in its own benefit.
Also, although I have been quite critic with the lack of use of fleets without a trade route system I must agree that the protection of colonies will imply that you have something more than soldiers and bricks to defend your far possesions.

The new seizure system should allow for much more realistic colonial wars, with huge swathes of America changing hands while maybe two piddly islands in Europe get handed over.

Speaking of islands, is there any chance of the next update dealing with naval range, combat, and bases? It would be really cool if the basing system from V:R was used.

KuzuX said:
Hey,who wants to burn a colony instead of seizing them without a peace deal???
BTW,map now looks good
There are reasons. Good ones too. ;)