• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could you givre me an example of an air tech?

Just like you would do it with lets say GOTHA (Air tech).

I exe the program then...

1. What should i do in "Load tech team fie"?
2. Writte 1 in air tech team.
3.Choose GER in CHOOSE TAG.
4.Same id aviable.
5.What outputfile should i select?

The question here is do i have to creat a .txt file with ((A_T; Gotha)) name and save it? and do i have to load this?.
Also if i have to modify the .csv (germany in this case), and add the Gotha codes?

Thanks

Oberkommando said:
Could you givre me an example of an air tech?

Just like you would do it with lets say GOTHA (Air tech).

I exe the program then...

1. What should i do in "Load tech team fie"?
2. Writte 1 in air tech team.
3.Choose GER in CHOOSE TAG.
4.Same id aviable.
5.What outputfile should i select?

The question here is do i have to creat a .txt file with ((A_T; Gotha)) name and save it? and do i have to load this?.
Also if i have to modify the .csv (germany in this case), and add the Gotha codes?

Thanks
An air tech is e.g. aeronautics, but air tech teams will also have e.g. electronics and artillery.

1. Do what you wrote belos (create a .txt-file)
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Call it whatever you want, you have to copy the output and put it in the German tech team file.

Just ask if you have more questions :)

Hallsten said:
An air tech is e.g. aeronautics, but air tech teams will also have e.g. electronics and artillery.

1. Do what you wrote belos (create a .txt-file)
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Call it whatever you want, you have to copy the output and put it in the German tech team file.

Just ask if you have more questions :)

Ok i did it, but i have a problem...
when checking at the german csv file it was replaced by the original and it only has this...

This is what apears.=GER;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x

No more. is this ok?

Another thing, when i do this, is something else changed, or only the .csv file?

Thanks, i will need help, i am not sure the gamecould be played with this .csv file, and not the original.

Has no cense, my .txt file said Gotha and Henschel, not Heinkel!.

Thanks.

Oberkommando said:
Ok i did it, but i have a problem...
when checking at the german csv file it was replaced by the original and it only has this...

This is what apears.=GER;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x

No more. is this ok?
That is the header for the outputfile, it's designed to be able to be used as a .CSV-file straight away. You should only copy the lines following that line, though.

Oberkommando said:
Another thing, when i do this, is something else changed, or only the .csv file?

Thanks, i will need help, i am not sure the gamecould be played with this .csv file, and not the original.

Has no cense, my .txt file said Gotha and Henschel, not Heinkel!.

Thanks.
Have you chosen your german.csv tech-file as output? The generated file will overwrite the information in the outputfile, it will NOT append it.

SwordOfJustice said:
You are wonderful, Hallsten. This is a Godsend. Thanks.

Cheers,
Sword
Nice to see it being put to use...
Just ask if you have any problems/questions/suggestions... :)

Hvatum said:
Download doesn't work :(
I've changed ISPs, a new link will be available shortly. Send me a PM and I'll mail you the file.
PackMan said:
If Hallsten wants to I'll be happy to host his app at modhoi.com ;)
If you want to then sure. :)

qwerkus said:
(I'm posting this here, since seems to be the "reference" place for your generator)
Now i got it working under Ms, I would like to do so under Linux/Wine: for some reason, your app always causes a Wineserver freeze; what librairies-set did you use to write it ?
The program is written in ADA and compiled with GNAT's win32 libraries. As a help I've used a third-party library to make the GUI.

This is a major gravedig but I need to know: How exactly is the skill levels of the leaders/tech teams determined? I wouldn't want a terrible tank team for germany or a fantastic doctrine team for Tibet.

Chief Savage Ma said:
This is a major gravedig but I need to know: How exactly is the skill levels of the leaders/tech teams determined? I wouldn't want a terrible tank team for germany or a fantastic doctrine team for Tibet.
The generation is very complicated (or stupid, whichever term you prefer :p), but it does not take into account the tag of the country involved. It's a generic generator that treats the tags generically.

It looks like a very useful app, but I can't get it to work.

This is what I did:
I unzipped the download to a new folder.
I made a .txt file ("tech teams.txt" in the same folder as the generator) with techteam names following the instructions.
I run the app.
I press "Load tech team name file..."
Nothing happens.

In Task Manager the app shows up.

Q: Could someone give me easy-to-follow instructions please?

Hangnyon said:
It looks like a very useful app, but I can't get it to work.

This is what I did:
I unzipped the download to a new folder.
I made a .txt file ("tech teams.txt" in the same folder as the generator) with techteam names following the instructions.
I run the app.
I press "Load tech team name file..."
Nothing happens.

In Task Manager the app shows up.

Q: Could someone give me easy-to-follow instructions please?
That's strange, it works excellently for me and you seem to be using it correctly.

What OS are you running?