• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Fourth Italian Campaign, part 5

I’m still waiting for the French to surrender…

Waiting…

Waiting…

Oh, come on now this is getting ridiculous. Oh well, all that’s left to do is gobble up more provinces. I decided to make an amphibious landing on Sardinia while I’m waiting, and find a French fleet guarding the approaches.

june121856navalbattlexr9.png

What follows is a short battle ending in the destruction of the French fleet.

june121856navalbattleston4.png

On the mainland, the war continues with battles in Italy…

june161856warinitalyvr0.png

And in France…

june161856warinfrancehu6.png

There are still plenty of battles taking place (none of them are very close however). We even have another naval battle, but what we don’t have is any acceptable peace offerings.

june181856anothernavalbns9.png

By mid July the Belgians control over half the French core provinces, and the capital, with still no peace offerings.

july141856francego5.png

And then finally…

july151856peacedealbd1.png

The Fourth Italian Campaign, conclusion

The war that was only supposed to last at most two months instead lasted eight. In the end, France was reduced in size yet again.

july151856theremainsoffhw1.png

Belgium also gained some new provinces along the coast of northwest Africa.

july151856africancoastjs5.png

Within a few days after the French surrender, the Sardinians accept Belgium’s Terms.

july221856sardinianpeacmt0.png

Of course those terms require Sardinia to be reduced to three provinces.

july221856sardinianremabf0.png

Anyone who doesn’t know what’s coming next, just isn’t paying attention.

So you failed in both of your goals, or atleast didn't fully achieve them. Brilliant victory, nevertheless.

The Fifth Italian Campaign, part 1

As I mentioned in the last post, if you don’t know what’s coming, then you probably haven’t been paying attention.

aug161856anewwarwy2.png

I tried to pull as many troops back to Belgian territories before the start of the war, but there were just too many troops. In French owned Grenoble the Belgians had two cavalry armies that would be used to capture the Sardinian provinces.

aug71856warinitalynk8.png

The Sardinians also had a province on the island of Sardinia, but there were already Belgians in the area to deal with that province.

As an interesting side not, the gang-bang of Austria began on August 16th of 1856.

aug161856thegangbangofapf7.png

Surely Austria could not stand up to this, especially after Saxe-Coburg-Gotha refused to support them. So you can imagine my surprise when on August 22nd…

aug221856endofgangbangym2.png

Oh well, that’s the AI sometimes.

As to our own war, the Belgians captured the province on Sardinia as well as Chambéry leaving only the capital of Torino in the hands of the Sardinians. While marching to the capital the Belgians were attacked by the French at Grenoble, and short battle ensued.

sept71856battleofgrenobuh0.png

On September 7th the inevitable finally happened.

sept211856annexzq5.png

And now all that’s left is France (again).

Silly me, I thought you were done already. *puts a note on the side of the screen for not to forget how Quirinus plays* My apologies.

The Fifth Italian Campaign, part 2

As for the French, they behaved a little better in this war. They did pull the old amphibious landing thing again. This is probably the third time they’ve done that to me. At some point you’d think I’d learn.

oct21856frenchatkielhv3.png

As for the France proper, within a couple of months we have half the country occupied. My goal for peace with France is to gain those provinces I need to complete control of a state. There are several of these, and by gaining them I will gain the factories the French built. This of course is easier than building my own.

There are numerous battles, but nothing major. There was another naval engagement off the coast of Sardinia.

sept271856navbalbattleuu8.png

Most of my efforts on land were spent trying to pocket the French forces, such as at Angers

nov201856angerszh7.png

Also at Toulon

dec101856toulonuw7.png

And again at Bordeaux

dec101856bordeauxld9.png

I have been spamming the French with my peace proposals for about a month when on December 17th the French finally agree.

dec171856peacexn6.png

This again leaves a slightly smaller France, but a much weaker nation in terms of economic capacity.

dec171856thenewfrancelf8.png

KanaX said:
Silly me, I thought you were done already. *puts a note on the side of the screen for not to forget how Quirinus plays* My apologies.

That's ok, it's been a slow day at work :D

One last update, and then I'll be done for the day. Besides, the server is going to be down tomorrow so I've got to get as much done today as possible.

PS
and I just made my 1000th post!!! (not all of which are in this thread)

The State of the Empire

I’ll not have too much commentary in this post, just a few screen shots.

This first one shows the factories that were gained in the last war. It’s important to remember in Vicky that the AI hates to give up the last province in a state, and thus loose all the factories in that state. This accounts for some of the strange borders the game produces. Therefore if you want those provinces you will have to go get them yourself.

dec171856newfactoriesfw7.png

The new map of Belgium

dec171856newbelgiumja6.png

The budget

dec171856budgetif3.png

And lastly just a good overview of where we stand. You may notice France is still ranked fourth in total factories despite all the land lost.

dec171856nationalcomparqf7.png

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before or not, but I've reached a point economically that if I reduce education to zero then I am producing a positive income. I have around 30 RP's built up so I can maintain this for around 3 years or so without loosing any ground in my research. After that I'll have to come up with a new plan.

Last edited:
soonerborn0524 said:
So now you have two land briges to Italy. How about a land bridge to your Spanish provinces? And, why not, Corsica.

This is after you beat up the rest of the Italian nations, as I am sure you have already done.

The land bridge to Spain is definately something on the books, but I haven't quite figured out a way to create a land bridge to Corsica yet :D

You have this red blob in the middle of yourself....take it!!! Take the Swiss!!!!!!!!!!! As you said, Neutrality is overrated!!! Teach the Swiss that!

Congrats on reaching 4 figures! You're on a roll (and not just talking of Belgium here ;) )

wej said:
You have this red blob in the middle of yourself....take it!!! Take the Swiss!!!!!!!!!!! As you said, Neutrality is overrated!!! Teach the Swiss that!

I think it must symbolise a bleeding heart of the Empire, where all illegal accounts are kept :D

But wow that was a lot of updates, my mind savours this sweetness! Beautiful, simply beautiful!

Well, Belgium still isn't what I'd call pretty, but it's a start. She's more the fat girl no one wants to dance with at the school ball....
But fat girls become mean fat women, that kick dogs and other countries...

Why did you drop your crime fighting to 0? To save money? To have revolts to be able to fight somebody even when not in a war?

It was all about saving money

Belgium is looking suspisciously like the HRE to my mind. Of course, its borders are a constantly evolving thing..The french really ought to start handing over provinces to prevent invasion. Not that anything short of total submission will ever be acceptable, of course, but you'd hope that they'd learn to be polite. Like Borneo.

You're reaching the 1860s and you still don't have all of Europe!?

You're a failure!!!