• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(58898)

Colonel
Jul 11, 2006
as my recent siam aar crashed i have decided to start another one and hopefully will improve on my first attempt, by:
allying with japan as fast as possible and staying allied through ww2
take indonesia as fast as possible
taking india
helping japan give china the highest caliber of blizkrieg ( with me getting guanzhou this time )
playing on DAIM n/n
shall begin tomorow.

Good to see you give it a second go.

as readers of my last AAR will know, i am not used to keeping my deadlines...so here is my big plan. ( not on computer )
P1010031.jpg

this time i play on DIAM because of the japanese help and more tech teams.

A Grand Battle Plan, the only thing important is that you suceed at your goals time is not so important ... well sometimes it is ;)

politics followed by war!

as soon as i start i realise i am going to miss HSR, mainly because of the lack of +6 money you get and the +10% ind supplies.
Clipboard01-3.jpg

the one thing i am not going to miss are the tech teams, i can actually scroll down the list is so big.
after weeks of waiting siams mint finally produces the cash for an alliance and a diplomat is sent.
unfortuneately he is rejected and when he returns he gets fired and sent to work at the mint.
Clipboard04-3.jpg

my researchers on the other hand are doing brilliantly and are 11.4% completed by day 13!
Clipboard03-3.jpg

meanwhile money is becoming a problem, as i am already past my set deadline ( see above) the british of all people are the ones i find the best deal with.
Clipboard06-2.jpg

with this money another diplomat is sent just to find his chances are lower, due to the first diplomats 'behaviour' in japan. not suprisingly this diplomat was also declined and given the first diplomats job as a factory worker as the first lost his head.
Clipboard07-1.jpg

yet the japanese show no hard feelings and send a fruit basket in order to improve realtions.
Clipboard08-2.jpg

a diplomat immedietly rushes off too japan and finally and alliance is formed
Clipboard09-2.jpg
( this diplomat just in case you are wondering got a HMV voucher ).

A most excellent scribbling!

no sooner has the good news come when i hear rumours of the japanese claiming us as a political conquest.
Clipboard10-2.jpg

enraged i send the diplomat back and order him to get our independance! we need no japanese overlords , ( though the slider moves were very nice )
Clipboard12-1.jpg

again the diplomat returns successfully and we have our independance!
Clipboard13-1.jpg

we cannot help but think that the japanese are a little peeved, as , eventhough our relations are 200 we still havent got any free bluprints, months into the alliance.
Clipboard17-1.jpg

the diplomat is equipt again for another travel and as soon as he returns to his new music filled home, the blueprints arrive. silly japs!.
Clipboard18-1.jpg

i need not say how annoyed the diplomat was when he was sent again, this time to recruit and i also need not say how pleased i was at his successful return ( he now is one £10 stamp away from a free £50 gift voucher).
Clipboard16-1.jpg

with all siams resources very low i have no chance of trading for a transport, so the invasion is postponed for 6 months as i see i shall make little headway.
Clipboard19-1.jpg

Clipboard20-1.jpg

it seems the honeymoon period for our aliance is over.
yet never fear!
the diplomat eventually returns with a fleet of bold transports and the invasion starts immedietly.
it is only now when i realise that Java is more defended than usual
Clipboard21-2.jpg

yet never-the-less we invade anyway, just to find the big treasure that is a supply depot happens to be on the island most hard to reach. our briliant general try a fient retreat is prepared in order to tempt the enemy off his stronghold and then land him from behind.
Clipboard22.jpg

even more bad news as i find even more defenders,
Clipboard23-1.jpg

but the worst worst lowest point came when the IC rich island was nearly siezed by the japs, and my daring assualt on the provence of soerbaja ended in nothing for me and my men!!!.
Clipboard24-1.jpg

i can tell you now that i was not happy!
luckily my generals were able to sieze malang and eargly hope for a full japanese retreat.
Clipboard26-1.jpg

With friends like those...

victory and risky landings

due to an unguarded provence the dutch regained some land, which set me perfectly up for a landing on the tip of the island.
Clipboard02-2.jpg

and more good news as the sill dutch have fallen for my plan and retreat off the inpenatrable fortress that is banka island. needless to say they are quickly cut off and surrender.
Clipboard04-4.jpg

this is the last main resistance in indonesia and my convoys quickly bring back the spoils.
Clipboard06-3.jpg

as my max org is low i then decide to abandon all my doctrines in favour of the jap ones yet i find i have not enogu money to support a tech team AND get enough money to trade for the blueprints, so work is temperalrily postponed.
this is just in time for a convenient war with china. immedietly troops were posted on taiwan to look for any unguarded beaches, yet as i have noly one transport this took some time.
finally i get enough cash and i send my beloved envoy, whoc retunrs with startling news; that i can nearly buy a carrier!.
Clipboard10-3.jpg

unfortuneatley at this time a carrier is worthless to me so i decide to trade for 2 CAV divisions and some blueprints.
Clipboard11-1.jpg

its scrolling down from this that i notice a very wierd scenario in china, for some reason the communist chinese have land in south china, which has unguarded beaches.
Clipboard12-2.jpg

immedielty i land and gain two beachheads in baonan and shantou, yet intelligence reports large stacks heading towards me.
Clipboard20-2.jpg

immedielty i rush for my divisons that remain in indonesia.
thankfully a japanese landing in hainan diverts some of the flow,
Clipboard17-2.jpg

but i still haveto beat off an attack to baonan and lose control of shoutun to mass chinese divisions.
by now i have my entire army in baonan ( 5 divisions ) yet am still outnumbered by the chinese.
its now that the japs land again, this time to the north giving me some breathing space, which alough needed makes the chance of me gaining guanzhou and any other ground much slimmer.
Clipboard22-1.jpg

i am not complaining though as this allows me to attack the now unguarded provence of shanxi which is immedietly landed on, putting my convoys and armies in an even more overstrecthed postion,even so i feel it is a risk worth taking.

yet before i can re-enfroce my postion upnorth i only just beat off a furious attack downsouth, and dare not move any troops. now i have no choice but to call up my serverley underpower cavalry divisions, which arrive just in time to beat off a less vigorus attack.
again i have no choice but to trade more divisions with japan,
Clipboard28-1.jpg

and as my convoy situatation is now secure i can begin to build many infantry divisions of my own.
Clipboard29.jpg

luckily for me a spot a failing attack on hangzhou, and with the help of my cavalry am able to win the provence. even more lucky for me is the fact that my cavalry reach the place before the japanese can take it and so its mine!
unluckily for me there are
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=6132330#
large stacks neighbouring it, so survival is unlikely if jap reenforcements do not arrive quick.
Clipboard31.jpg

Good opportunism in China.