+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Deja vu... Siam revisited

Diplomacy

Deja vu... Siam revisited

as my recent siam aar crashed i have decided to start another one and hopefully will improve on my first attempt, by:
    allying with japan as fast as possible and staying allied through ww2
    take indonesia as fast as possible
    taking india
    helping japan give china the highest caliber of blizkrieg ( with me getting guanzhou this time )
    playing on DAIM n/n
    shall begin tomorow.

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Blog Entries
    Good to see you give it a second go.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: A Milanese Education EU3 DW 5.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome: Vae Victis

Good to see you won't abandon Siam! Good luck with your second go.

here we go again!
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

Diplomacy

as readers of my last AAR will know, i am not used to keeping my deadlines...so here is my big plan. ( not on computer )

this time i play on DIAM because of the japanese help and more tech teams.

I like your writing style...

A Grand Battle Plan, the only thing important is that you suceed at your goals time is not so important ... well sometimes it is
    Wir kämpfen nicht für Vaterland
    Und nicht für deutsche Ehre
    Wir sterben für den Unverstand
    Und für die Millionäre

Diplomacy

politics followed by war!

as soon as i start i realise i am going to miss HSR, mainly because of the lack of +6 money you get and the +10% ind supplies.

the one thing i am not going to miss are the tech teams, i can actually scroll down the list is so big.
    after weeks of waiting siams mint finally produces the cash for an alliance and a diplomat is sent.
    unfortuneately he is rejected and when he returns he gets fired and sent to work at the mint.

my researchers on the other hand are doing brilliantly and are 11.4% completed by day 13!

meanwhile money is becoming a problem, as i am already past my set deadline ( see above) the british of all people are the ones i find the best deal with.

with this money another diplomat is sent just to find his chances are lower, due to the first diplomats 'behaviour' in japan. not suprisingly this diplomat was also declined and given the first diplomats job as a factory worker as the first lost his head.

yet the japanese show no hard feelings and send a fruit basket in order to improve realtions.

a diplomat immedietly rushes off too japan and finally and alliance is formed
    ( this diplomat just in case you are wondering got a HMV voucher ).

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Blog Entries
    A most excellent scribbling!
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    My library

Diplomacy

no sooner has the good news come when i hear rumours of the japanese claiming us as a political conquest.

enraged i send the diplomat back and order him to get our independance! we need no japanese overlords , ( though the slider moves were very nice )

again the diplomat returns successfully and we have our independance!

we cannot help but think that the japanese are a little peeved, as , eventhough our relations are 200 we still havent got any free bluprints, months into the alliance.

the diplomat is equipt again for another travel and as soon as he returns to his new music filled home, the blueprints arrive. silly japs!.

i need not say how annoyed the diplomat was when he was sent again, this time to recruit and i also need not say how pleased i was at his successful return ( he now is one £10 stamp away from a free £50 gift voucher).

with all siams resources very low i have no chance of trading for a transport, so the invasion is postponed for 6 months as i see i shall make little headway.

it seems the honeymoon period for our aliance is over.
    yet never fear!
    the diplomat eventually returns with a fleet of bold transports and the invasion starts immedietly.
    it is only now when i realise that Java is more defended than usual

Diplomacy

yet never-the-less we invade anyway, just to find the big treasure that is a supply depot happens to be on the island most hard to reach. our briliant general try a fient retreat is prepared in order to tempt the enemy off his stronghold and then land him from behind.

even more bad news as i find even more defenders,

but the worst worst lowest point came when the IC rich island was nearly siezed by the japs, and my daring assualt on the provence of soerbaja ended in nothing for me and my men!!!.

i can tell you now that i was not happy!
    luckily my generals were able to sieze malang and eargly hope for a full japanese retreat.

i guess that alliance with japan messed you up..
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis: RomeEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Japan is always a littel problem

Blog Entries
    With friends like those...
    My library

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome: Vae Victis

Just like your first AAR... oh well, at least Siam still got something.

Good AAR. This is certainly an up and down kind of game. I didn't expect to see you get puppeted like that. stnylan sums it up well in his last post.

Diplomacy

victory and risky landings

due to an unguarded provence the dutch regained some land, which set me perfectly up for a landing on the tip of the island.

and more good news as the sill dutch have fallen for my plan and retreat off the inpenatrable fortress that is banka island. needless to say they are quickly cut off and surrender.

this is the last main resistance in indonesia and my convoys quickly bring back the spoils.

as my max org is low i then decide to abandon all my doctrines in favour of the jap ones yet i find i have not enogu money to support a tech team AND get enough money to trade for the blueprints, so work is temperalrily postponed.
    this is just in time for a convenient war with china. immedietly troops were posted on taiwan to look for any unguarded beaches, yet as i have noly one transport this took some time.
    finally i get enough cash and i send my beloved envoy, whoc retunrs with startling news; that i can nearly buy a carrier!.

unfortuneatley at this time a carrier is worthless to me so i decide to trade for 2 CAV divisions and some blueprints.

its scrolling down from this that i notice a very wierd scenario in china, for some reason the communist chinese have land in south china, which has unguarded beaches.

Diplomacy

immedielty i land and gain two beachheads in baonan and shantou, yet intelligence reports large stacks heading towards me.

immedielty i rush for my divisons that remain in indonesia.
    thankfully a japanese landing in hainan diverts some of the flow,

but i still haveto beat off an attack to baonan and lose control of shoutun to mass chinese divisions.
    by now i have my entire army in baonan ( 5 divisions ) yet am still outnumbered by the chinese.
    its now that the japs land again, this time to the north giving me some breathing space, which alough needed makes the chance of me gaining guanzhou and any other ground much slimmer.

i am not complaining though as this allows me to attack the now unguarded provence of shanxi which is immedietly landed on, putting my convoys and armies in an even more overstrecthed postion,even so i feel it is a risk worth taking.

yet before i can re-enfroce my postion upnorth i only just beat off a furious attack downsouth, and dare not move any troops. now i have no choice but to call up my serverley underpower cavalry divisions, which arrive just in time to beat off a less vigorus attack.
    again i have no choice but to trade more divisions with japan,

and as my convoy situatation is now secure i can begin to build many infantry divisions of my own.

luckily for me a spot a failing attack on hangzhou, and with the help of my cavalry am able to win the provence. even more lucky for me is the fact that my cavalry reach the place before the japanese can take it and so its mine!
    unluckily for me there are
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...e=1&p=6132330#
    large stacks neighbouring it, so survival is unlikely if jap reenforcements do not arrive quick.

Your troops are looking a bit overstretched right now. Oh well, as long as you get Guangzhou, I'm happy.

Blog Entries
    Good opportunism in China.
    My library

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast